OT: Off Topic XXI - It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I think he’s trending that way for sure. The conditioning he did in the off-season has brought his game to another level. I’m not surprised by the numbers he’s putting up, but his defensive game has been outstanding.
I was looking at some numbers last night, he's 1 of 6 1B to have not made an error, and his rage factor per game is 2nd best at the position, the only difference between him and the others is he has DH'd more. But man, every game now he's a story for a defensive play and it's great to see.

On the farm, Moreno had 5 RBI for NH last night. The MILB.tv package was only like $40usd, the cameras are fixed but it's nice to check up on the kids on the Bisons and Fisher Cats.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I was looking at some numbers last night, he's 1 of 6 1B to have not made an error, and his rage factor per game is 2nd best at the position, the only difference between him and the others is he has DH'd more. But man, every game now he's a story for a defensive play and it's great to see.

On the farm, Moreno had 5 RBI for NH last night. The MILB.tv package was only like $40usd, the cameras are fixed but it's nice to check up on the kids on the Bisons and Fisher Cats.

When he first made his debut, I was nervous. I always knew he was an amazing athlete, but I doubted he had this ability. It has been something to watch, he is going to be a top 5 player in baseball.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
The weather is really nice so I decided to fire up the grill and cook some chicken, bacon, mushrooms and veggies for lunch. Of course I f***ing injured my back while picking up a full pack of coals, almost fell down to my knees because of the pain.

Food was good but FFS I told just two days ago to my doctor that I haven't had any back problems for 10 years.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
The weather is really nice so I decided to fire up the grill and cook some chicken, bacon, mushrooms and veggies for lunch. Of course I f***ing injured my back while picking up a full pack of coals, almost fell down to my knees because of the pain.

Food was good but FFS I told just two days ago to my doctor that I haven't had any back problems for 10 years.

Sorry to hear that :/. I hope it wasn’t too serious... at least to the point that you need surgery.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Sorry to hear that :/. I hope it wasn’t too serious... at least to the point that you need surgery.

Thanks. Most likely it's nothing more than a muscle strain, but every time I try to walk, stand up, stay still, sit on a chair, lay down on floor, or try to get up it hurts like hell. Or not at all, depending on the moon and stars and who knows what.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room

Feel better man.

Reactions: Kahvi

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
On the topic of injuries, does anyone know a brand of kinesio tape that has a really good adhesive? I bought some Xact Stretch and the shit is peeling off within an hour

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
That was a good Jays game. Probably my favorite thus far.

Teoscar and Cavan’s bats are coming alive.

Stripling, despite that bad first inning, fought back and got 9 Ks.

A strong effort to put the game away in the 9th inning when it mattered.

This team is fun to watch.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
The microchips get itchy after a while, so there's that. The 5G is worth it though.
0BDCB965-D91B-43FD-A956-6F684590E69E.jpeg

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
The microchips get itchy after a while, so there's that. The 5G is worth it though.

I dunno if I got the same stuff as you guys then. Mine says I have Pfiz-G.

I rarely lift anything over 20 lbs without a weight lifting belt anymore. If I do without a weight lifting belt, I move extremely slowly until I get into position. It's way too easy to tweak stuff.

On the topic of injuries, does anyone know a brand of kinesio tape that has a really good adhesive? I bought some Xact Stretch and the shit is peeling off within an hour

https://www.amazon.ca/Kinesiology-T...1&keywords=kinesio+tape&qid=1621011343&sr=8-8

Something like this? It claims to be able to stay on for like 3-5 days. That sounds far too sticky to the average person and god forbid you need to remove it. It sounds like it'd end up smoother than a baby's bottom if you pulled it off.

Some of the reviews suggest being careful how you stretch the tape before applying it.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I rarely lift anything over 20 lbs without a weight lifting belt anymore. If I do without a weight lifting belt, I move extremely slowly until I get into position. It's way too easy to tweak stuff.

The bag was only 8kg, and I changed the tires for my car few days earlier, and that included much more carrying and lifting stuff much heavier. Just a bad luck, but I think I'll remember to be more careful for a few years now.

Reactions: Fig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->