OT: Off-Topic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The shit would've hit the fan if he walked. We'd be seeing riots all over the country the magnitude of L.A. following the Rodney King debacle. Yesterday was the system working as it should.

There was certainly tension. National Guard has been posted locally for weeks. Getting groceries lately means I walk by a soldier with an automatic rifle.

Here's hoping healing and long-term reform can begin in earnest now.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
There was certainly tension. National Guard has been posted locally for weeks. Getting groceries lately means I walk by a soldier with an automatic rifle.

"Good morning... Would you like an apple?" Hehe.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
"Good morning... Would you like an apple?" Hehe.

I've felt really bad for these kids posted up. And most of them are just that, kids getting some money for college. Much of the community recognized that, even if they don't want them here, but there's been multiple reports of folks harassing them. In an extreme case, there were shots fired at several Guardsmen, but luckily only minor injuries were suffered.

Reactions: Winger98

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
I've felt really bad for these kids posted up. And most of them are just that, kids getting some money for college. Much of the community recognized that, even if they don't want them here, but there's been multiple reports of folks harassing them. In an extreme case, there were shots fired at several Guardsmen, but luckily only minor injuries were suffered.

Yikes...

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Looking for an analog clock (mostly in store) and so... Where was I when designers decided to do away with the seconds hand with the majority of options? I'm seeing some but for the most part they just don't have that seconds hand anymore.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Looking for an analog clock (mostly in store) and so... Where was I when designers decided to do away with the seconds hand with the majority of options? I'm seeing some but for the most part they just don't have that seconds hand anymore.

I'd imagine it helps keep the cost down. Most analog clocks (that aren't wristwatches) these days are for design and looks rather than function or timekeeping.

Also who wants that ticking noise in their home? FabricDetails, that's who.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
I'd imagine it helps keep the cost down. Most analog clocks (that aren't wristwatches) these days are for design and looks rather than function or timekeeping.

Also who wants that ticking noise in their home? FabricDetails, that's who.

Haha I have intentions for both interior design and functionality actually. Need to be doing certain physical therapy stretches and I don't like counting seconds/minutes... I'd rather just look up to see where that second hand be. I could also get a digital clock that shows seconds assuming I can do basic match. I just hate using my phone/wearable because my ADD brain can't NOT address notifications. So I wanted to go relatively "old school".

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Haha I have intentions for both interior design and functionality actually. Need to be doing certain physical therapy stretches and I don't like counting seconds/minutes... I'd rather just look up to see where that second hand be. I could also get a digital clock that shows seconds assuming I can do basic match. I just hate using my phone/wearable because my ADD brain can't NOT address notifications. So I wanted to go relatively "old school".

I'm sure you'll find something but it might look like it belongs in an office or grandma's house, ha.

But if all else fails, maybe a wristwatch? I used to buy inexpensive waterproof Timex watches for that exact purpose when I was recording heart rates and such.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Figured I'd just randomly ask this here... but anyone know what's up with twitter videos and making them clear?

This one for instance

It starts playing, very blurry, then finally fully buffers and gets clear around the 12 second mark. If I wait and restart the video, its the same exact thing. Blurry until the 12 second mark and then finally clear. This is consistent across most videos. How do I just get the whole thing to buffer and get a fully clear video?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Figured I'd just randomly ask this here... but anyone know what's up with twitter videos and making them clear?

I don't have a fix but figured I'd just let you know the same thing happens to me, so it's not just you. Seems like it buffers the start of the video to get it running immediately but you can't ever stop it from doing that. Dunno. Frustrating for sure.

Reactions: Konnan511 and izlez

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Has there been discussions in MI to allow pro sports teams to operate a sports book? We're getting on site betting out here in AZ. D-Backs have been the first to announce a partnership. Caesar's will be operating a year round book at Chase Field. I am pumped because I can walk there.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
I have an age old question. Is anyone here one of those peoples who drives super duper slow through left turn signals (AND with no kids in the car)? Are we really that worried a COPS episode chase is being filmed or something?

For anyone in Michigan I bet you might bring up accident prone intersections like Ford and Haggerty (or Ford and anywhere). The other accident prone intersections I can think of are all roundabouts and Michigan lefts.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I have an age old question. Is anyone here one of those peoples who drives super duper slow through left turn signals (AND with no kids in the car)? Are we really that worried a COPS episode chase is being filmed or something?

For anyone in Michigan I bet you might bring up accident prone intersections like Ford and Haggerty (or Ford and anywhere). The other accident prone intersections I can think of are all roundabouts and Michigan lefts.

How quickly I move through an intersection can be greatly influenced by how much the person behind me has pissed me off.

bedtime20

nap nap
Nov 30, 2018
Metro Detroit
Ha
15731AB7-43CC-4D2A-9D77-EB37C1BC8451.jpeg

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
so, the 6yr old just puked in her bed. Down the side of her bed. On her bedroom floor. In the hallway. In the bathroom sink. And trailed bits and pieces of it down the hall, down the stairs, and through the dining room to let us know that she thinks she puked.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
so, the 6yr old just puked in her bed. Down the side of her bed. On her bedroom floor. In the hallway. In the bathroom sink. And trailed bits and pieces of it down the hall, down the stairs, and through the dining room to let us know that she thinks she puked.

Yikes. At least she's thorough. My 3yo is sick too, puked yesterday morning. Had to fight off the dog to clean it up.

Reactions: Winger98

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009

Yikes. At least she's thorough. My 3yo is sick too, puked yesterday morning. Had to fight off the dog to clean it up.

Some seasonal bug going around targeting kids or something?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
She just threw up on the air mattress we stuck her on. I just hauled it outside and hosed the thing off. Going to be up awhile doing laundry.

Some seasonal bug going around targeting kids or something?

Mine's had a head cold but I think this is something she ate, probably some bad milk.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Apparently issues with gross bodily fluids are going around. One of the (4yo) twins sometimes still poops their pants. He did it again yesterday and I had had enough. So he got to experience literally getting his own hands dirty to clean his underwear, although I had to help to get him through the process.

I love my kids, I love my kids, I love my kids...

Reactions: jaster

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Yeah, you're gonna have to trek to at least Royal Oak for some good variety. I know there's a Kruse & Muer in Rochester, but it's fairly limited and uninspired in terms of seafood selection.

If you feel like making it at home, Nino Salvaggio's usually has killer seafood.

If you're looking for the best sushis and sashimis in the Detroit Metro, then check out Noble Fish in Royal Oak/Clawson area. You can also get some super fresh cuts of seafood to cook if you're the sort of philistine that doesn't like sushis and sashimis.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
If you're looking for the best sushis and sashimis in the Detroit Metro, then check out Noble Fish in Royal Oak/Clawson area. You can also get some super fresh cuts of seafood to cook if you're the sort of philistine that doesn't like sushis and sashimis.

Noble Fish is the shiiiitttttt...

But I assumed that was too far for anyone in Northern Oakland County.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad