OT: Off-Topic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

I had to have a bunch of conversations with my elderly mother trying to talk her into getting vaccinated. She has had a history of bad reactions to different medications and whatnot and was opposed to the idea of getting vaccinated. She has had both doses (moderna) over two weeks ago and had no problems. She feels very relieved she went thru with it.

Yeah, my dad got a transplant. If there was any chance of a material adverse reaction, the doctors would have given him that info.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I grew up watching Universal Monsters pictures. An odd taste for a kid in the 80's. I don't recall what my lure to them was but I was also a fan of The Three Stooges and Laurel & Hardy. One of the most famous of the Universal cannon was Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein. For some reason I never watched it until this morning. Perhaps because the work of Abbott & Costello was not something I ever dabbled in aside from knowing the famous Who's on First bit that everyone knows. My only criticism would be Costello has too many mannerisms that seem patterned after Curly Howard. But I would be interested if this was deliberate or if Curly patterned some of his routines on Costello. Both acts go back to the vaudeville days and lifting parts of other acts was common. Regardless, Abbott & Costello Meets Frankenstein holds up. Funny picture even today.

Reactions: Winger98

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I grew up watching Universal Monsters pictures. An odd taste for a kid in the 80's. I don't recall what my lure to them was but I was also a fan of The Three Stooges and Laurel & Hardy. One of the most famous of the Universal cannon was Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein. For some reason I never watched it until this morning. Perhaps because the work of Abbott & Costello was not something I ever dabbled in aside from knowing the famous Who's on First bit that everyone knows. My only criticism would be Costello has too many mannerisms that seem patterned after Curly Howard. But I would be interested if this was deliberate or if Curly patterned some of his routines on Costello. Both acts go back to the vaudeville days and lifting parts of other acts was common. Regardless, Abbott & Costello Meets Frankenstein holds up. Funny picture even today.
Watched all those as a kid in the '70s. Reminds me of Mel Brooks film starring Gene Wilder, Young Frankenstein. What a cast: Teri Garr, Cloris Leachman, Marty Feldman, Madeline Kahn, Peter Boyle, Kenneth Mars, Richard Haydn, and Gene Hackman.

Last edited:

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Watched all those as a kid in the '70s. Reminds me of Mel Brooks film starring Gene Wilder's Young Frankenstein. What a cast: Teri Garr, Cloris Leachman, Marty Feldman, Madeline Kahn, Peter Boyle, Kenneth Mars, Richard Haydn, and Gene Hackman.
Young Frankenstein is one the best comedy films ever made. Love it.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
This guy won the first Cheesesteak Bowl by eating 6,000 calories in about 3 minutes

That's 3lbs of cheesesteak, 1 lb. of cheese & 2 two-ft. long buns, in 3+ minutes.

I once ate 18 tacos (not Taco Bell) at a local gourmet taco/mexican place by the beach. I was on a 1st date with a pretty lady I'd met at the pool earlier that afternoon. We were enjoying our conversation & the food, when in bursts a 20-something NFL sized, loud, obnoxious (pretty drunk) jerk & his gf. He challenged me & severely underestimated me, which was his 1st mistake. As we left the restaurant, he was ouside puking in the bushes with his gf laughing at him. Hahaha. It was 12 yrs. ago & the owner gave me a free long sleeve T with co. logo on it as my reward. Bumped into her years later (on one of many return trips) & she said she'd told that story to countless people.

Menu - TacoLu. Fish Tacos, Tequila and Mezcal in Jax Beach

still one of the best places to eat & the ambience is fun too.

Last edited:

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009

Haha, bleached. What's the worst fad you ever indulged?

Not gonna lie - I'm a very boring person. I went to private school my whole life and so fashion was mostly dictated for me. So I didn't really F with many fads. The worst ones I can think of aren't even fads. Just haircuts that didn't make any sense and no one else had.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL

Haha, bleached. What's the worst fad you ever indulged?

Not gonna lie - I'm a very boring person. I went to private school my whole life and so fashion was mostly dictated for me. So I didn't really F with many fads. The worst ones I can think of aren't even fads. Just haircuts that didn't make any sense and no one else had.

Jnco jeans for me and frosted tips. Ughhhh.....

Reactions: FabricDetails

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Jnco jeans for me and frosted tips. Ughhhh.....

Ahh yes. I remember those. At that time my parents didn't allow me to have the former and school wouldn't allow me to have the latter. Yet all the girls in my class wanted the guys in Nsync, go figure...

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Monster Juice Pacific Punch. This beverage is the devil. I am now drinking 2-3 of these per day. When the local Circle K does not have them stocked there is an internal rage. My name is Bondurant and I am addicted to Monster Juice Pacific Punch.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I wish there was a better variety of good seafood places in northern Oakland County. No disrespect to Red Lobster and their fantastic cheddar bay biscuits, but more options for all things crustacean is never a bad thing.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
I wish there was a better variety of good seafood places in northern Oakland County. No disrespect to Red Lobster and their fantastic cheddar bay biscuits, but more options for all things crustacean is never a bad thing.

Ah, yeah. I imagine it's a lot of bars with a seafood portion of their menu.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish

Yeah, you're gonna have to trek to at least Royal Oak for some good variety. I know there's a Kruse & Muer in Rochester, but it's fairly limited and uninspired in terms of seafood selection.

If you feel like making it at home, Nino Salvaggio's usually has killer seafood.

jaster

Might be back on probation.
Jun 8, 2007
Small step, but a good one. Long way to go. Accountability on the rise though.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Not going to lie, just breathed a huge sigh of relief.

Hope you've all been well out there, too.

The shit would've hit the fan if he walked. We'd be seeing riots all over the country the magnitude of L.A. following the Rodney King debacle. Yesterday was the system working as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad