OT: Off Topic Thread: What Are You Watching? And Other Miscellaneous Things

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
ill pull for dallas and bowness to win.

overall it was a net positive season. my only concern, having been down this road before with the jets and mets getting close, and not getting it done, is that you never know whats around the corner. the cap issues could handcuff the progression of this team. lou is going to have to get creative.

at least this run lessens the blow for all those pageau trade haters, the first rounder were giving up is the 28th pick overall

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
So, that’s all.

It was a great ride and we lost to a great team in a hard fought battle.

I'm going to cheer for Tampa, I hope Hedman gets Conn Smythe.
Hedman's great, but that roster could be full of Hedmans and I'd still root for Dallas just because Kucherov. That weasel should be on the Rangers - he'd be a great fit with that franchise.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
So, that’s all.

Indeed, not rooting for Tampa though, don't like Kucherov, Killorn, Goodrow or Gourde. Lot's of people already writing Dallas off. Khudobin carrying them this far is a feel good story. Kiviranta. Pavelski getting a shot at it, easy pick for me.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
I feel kind of empty. Most probably won't watch SCF except clinching games.

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
ill pull for dallas and bowness to win.

overall it was a net positive season. my only concern, having been down this road before with the jets and mets getting close, and not getting it done, is that you never know whats around the corner. the cap issues could handcuff the progression of this team. lou is going to have to get creative.

at least this run lessens the blow for all those pageau trade haters, the first rounder were giving up is the 28th pick overall
Yeah. I doubt we make this run without Pageau. So the question is would you trade 28 and 59 for a 4 round playoff run in this unique 5 round tournament? I would. Lou did.

Plus he's not a rental, so we have 6 more years of him to win those crucial D-zone FOs...

Personally, I'm pretty dang happy with the trade.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
First things first. My DraftKings buddy has us down on Thomas Pieters at the US Open . . . all 3 bets: 200-1 to win, 40-1 for Top 5 and 14-1 for Top 10 and he's T-2nd after the 1st round. We also did that with Danny Lee and Henrik Stenson, with Win bets on Justin Rose, Xander Schauffele and Victor Hovland.

Second, keep building my cooking skills . . . really stepped it up with the Wok and Chinese cooking while watching games. Fish Stews are next.

Third, if I see a Maple Leafs fan on the street in Boca I'm going to cross the street . . . since you never know with those guys! But I will definitely continue my guilty pleasure of watching Dangle's videos. His Zamboni Driver rants are true Must See! Maybe even buy an Ayres T-shirt . . .

And I certainly look forward to how LL finds those final pieces that will be nirvana for us and his crowning achievement on an incredible career. While monitoring the Web Cam on the new arena and seeing how this unusual cap environment plays out this offseason.

MDIsles

New Era
Oct 24, 2011
DE Beaches for now
So, that’s all.

I am not cheering for Tampa. Heck no. But I won't be watching either. After my teams get eliminated, I am done with that sport. See ya in December and the offseason fun.

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

MDIsles

New Era
Oct 24, 2011
DE Beaches for now
Yeah. I doubt we make this run without Pageau. So the question is would you trade 28 and 59 for a 4 round playoff run in this unique 5 round tournament? I would. Lou did.

Plus he's not a rental, so we have 6 more years of him to win those crucial D-zone FOs...

Personally, I'm pretty dang happy with the trade.

I love JPG

Reactions: WangMustGo and JKP

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Indeed, not rooting for Tampa though, don't like Kucherov, Killorn, Goodrow or Gourde. Lot's of people already writing Dallas off. Khudobin carrying them this far is a feel good story. Kiviranta. Pavelski getting a shot at it, easy pick for me.
Tampa fans are like Flyers fans, but with a better team to cheer for. The Cirelli hit on Lee started a whine fest, and Pelech's brush against Point along the boards, the missed too many men. That, and the condescending attitude in general by their worst posters have made me a Dallas fan for the next series.
My first ever avatar is a shout out to Merlin(do not care how many r's), Joe Dirte, and a few other Leafers.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Hedman's great, but that roster could be full of Hedmans and I'd still root for Dallas just because Kucherov. That weasel should be on the Rangers - he'd be a great fit with that franchise.

So the isles, who had Billy Smith, are throwing stones at Kucherov?

Players win games within the confines of what they can get away with. Guy is phenomenal. I cant hate em.

I want him on my team.

Reactions: The Real JT

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I am not cheering for Tampa. Heck no. But I won't be watching either. After my teams get eliminated, I am done with that sport. See ya in December and the offseason fun.

Hang out with the Rangers fans. I'll be watch the two best teams in hockey battle.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
So the isles, who had Billy Smith, are throwing stones at Kucherov?

Players win games within the confines of what they can get away with. Guy is phenomenal. I cant hate em.

I want him on my team.
Loved having Smitty on the Isles. Sure he took more than a few liberties with his stick but only if you were anywhere "near" his crease.

I still draw the line at blindside cheap shots. Most of the late and violent hits in today's game are nowhere near what was seen in the glory days of the Isles.

If Howatt, Nystrom, Gillies and Smitty were on a rival's team today, many on this board would be railing against them just like what's happening with Kucherov.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
I have no idea wtf I’m going to do to distract myself until hockey comes back. All I do is work 10-12 hours a day and, when my schedule permits, exercise. I’d have lost my shit if I wasn’t watching this team haul ass to the ECF.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
For all those that didn’t experience 1985... time machine meet crystal ball...it’s on the way...

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
That Covid is back on Long Island. It’s one thing to see reports on the news. I just got home with a pizza and there was 30-40 people lined up outside the local walk in place. First Med maybe. I have been getting automated calls to the house for weeks now from the school district about new cases in the schools. I would bet in another week or so all schools will be closed again and all classes 100 percent remote. Stay safe all my HF comrads. Wear those masks and wear them properly. Under your chin or over your mouth only is putting you and others at risk. This is not the time to try to be Cool. Pretty please wear your masks and take care of the elderly.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
This thread got funny, I can throw a baseball at Zorn's.... And miss by like 100 yards but it's close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad