OT: Off-Topic, again.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
If your car payment or other bills will save you interest by paying off early then maybe, other wise there is no financial benefit in pre paying.

That being said I do pay ahead a month for my water bill. After decades of paying on time I got a message from the water district saying that I was late and am subject to having my water cut off the next morning if I didn't come in that day. My water bill is just a post card and apparently one month it got lost. I called and they admitted that I had a stellar pay record but that did not matter and I was scheduled for cut off and a fee for re connection if I didn't pay that day. Now I keep a $50 credit at the water company which is more than my bill.
That's wise.

Back when we still used checks for every payment, no online yet, I sent out a stack of maybe 7 payments. They got lost or stolen and I had no clue til I started getting calls from creditors. NES called first and unlike the normal "creditor" call, it was "Is everything okay? You always pay on time and we didn't get a payment. We were worried!" The others weren't THAT nice but almost everyone waived the late fee.

BFC--You might save half and pay ahead on anything you're charged interest on.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I feel like to attract more residents to Southeastern Wisconsin we should just use this picture. We have the perfect weather, whatever you like!

E0Aw4lAWEAAdmNg

Reactions: Adz and adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I feel like to attract more residents to Southeastern Wisconsin we should just use this picture. We have the perfect weather, whatever you like!

E0Aw4lAWEAAdmNg

I was in Whitewater a few weeks ago. It was 80 F or so while it was about 65 F in Milwaukee. It felt good!

We need to get that Lake Michigan temperature up.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Be careful what you wish for.

When I came to Milwaukee to find an apartment, one fell through. I went to Bradford Beach that afternoon. The water was about 76 F. I thought, this isn't bad at all! I don't think it has ever been that warm again in 40 years.

Reactions: Adz

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I got my 2nd COVID vaccine today and I'm going to workout during the draft. I'm ok but the gov shot me twice!

Reactions: Adz

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Signed up for the playoff tickets. Taking a leap of faith, in the team and in the crowd. Don't kill me, people.

Are you a STH? Did you get an email about playoff tickets?? I keep seeing people saying that have signed up, but I have not gotten anything on my end.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Are you a STH? Did you get an email about playoff tickets?? I keep seeing people saying that have signed up, but I have not gotten anything on my end.
Yes, I am a STH. I got a "You've won the Loyal Legion Ticket Lottery" email and it was for playoff strips for rounds 1 and 2. I linked from there. I got one early on giving me the option to buy regular season tickets and opted out. I'll be fully immunized tomorrow, though, so decided to take the plunge. Still don't like all the rules, despite knowing there is a reason behind them. I may have been given the option because I'd already taken care of the funding method for next year's tickets or it may have gone out to everyone--or it may really be a lottery, I don't know.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Yes, I am a STH. I got a "You've won the Loyal Legion Ticket Lottery" email and it was for playoff strips for rounds 1 and 2. I linked from there. I got one early on giving me the option to buy regular season tickets and opted out. I'll be fully immunized tomorrow, though, so decided to take the plunge. Still don't like all the rules, despite knowing there is a reason behind them. I may have been given the option because I'd already taken care of the funding method for next year's tickets or it may have gone out to everyone--or it may really be a lottery, I don't know.

Thanks- I did get the loyal legion ticket lottery for regular season games, but not the playoff one. But I have not renewed yet for next year so I bet that is why I did not get anything on playoff tickets- yet.

Thanks again.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Thanks- I did get the loyal legion ticket lottery for regular season games, but not the playoff one. But I have not renewed yet for next year so I bet that is why I did not get anything on playoff tickets- yet.

Thanks again.
In the past, renewing was what got you both access to order and the discount for the playoff tix so you're probably right.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I have decided to skip the playoff tickets. I don’t have a pod of 4 people to go with for one thing. Even if we do make it, we aren’t likely to get out of the first round anyway.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I have decided to skip the playoff tickets. I don’t have a pod of 4 people to go with for one thing. Even if we do make it, we aren’t likely to get out of the first round anyway.

I'm probably skipping, too. It will be an absolute miracle if we see more than 2 home games, sad to say.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
You don't have to order all the tickets in the pod. I picked 2 out of the spots that were available. They just don't let you have more than 6 sitting together. I did the pay as we play version so I won't be charged for any of them til we're scheduled to play it.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yesterday, 2nd COVID shot, ate 1/2 a large pizza, worked out and slept in. Today, oh gawd it hurts!
We have ours today, then granddaughters' b'day party w/ family afterwards. Son and his other had theirs this morning. We're hoping we can all make it through the festivities!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yesterday, 2nd COVID shot... Today, oh gawd it hurts!
Same. Have chills, arm hurts a lot and I feel like a truck ran over me. But I'm glad to get it finished. After 2 weeks wait period my plans are to start going in to work daily. How strange that will be!

I do have a newfound understanding of infant behavior after they get their shots.

Reactions: PredsV82

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad