OT: Off-Topic, again.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Could swear I remember you posting a pic of yourself chugging a bottle of Arbor mist... maybe during the @Viqsi road trip?
The only thing I've photographed him chugging before is a maple syrup shot glass at a Bob Evans.

EDIT: I have his permission to share.

20180802174815-a698d2aa-me.jpg

wait a minute, that was eighteen years ago? gah, this age thing is weird...

Last edited:
Reactions: PredsV82

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Yesterday was the first weekend game I've gone to and wow, downtown looked almost pre-pandemic.

I had to go back up to the garage to meet some people before the game and as I was walking up Broadway I passed a group of guys. And one of them waking down the street had a parrot on his shoulder. A real, live, blue and yellow parrot!

:laugh:

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Yesterday was the first weekend game I've gone to and wow, downtown looked almost pre-pandemic.

I had to go back up to the garage to meet some people before the game and as I was walking up Broadway I passed a group of guys. And one of them waking down the street had a parrot on his shoulder. A real, live, blue and yellow parrot!

:laugh:

Sounds like you got the vaccine with the fun side effects from the 'doctor' under the pedestrian bridge!

Reactions: sparkle twin

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
There is an inch of snow on my lawn right now.

April freaking 21st...

Latest I have seen in my lifetime by 3 weeks.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
There is an inch of snow on my lawn right now.

April freaking 21st...

Latest I have seen in my lifetime by 3 weeks.
Latest I can remember it snowing in Nashville where it accumulated was April 15 2007. It wasn't much, maybe a fourth of an inch. I've been in snow later (July) but it was the Canadian Rockies. Those people were still wearing spaghetti strap shirts and shorts. I carried a blanket with me.

Today is the "baby" of mine and my sister's 4 kids 28th birthday. How time flies.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I live on the edge of the. Buffalo snowglobe. they got 5 inches. We got an inch here and it's beginning to sleet

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Downtown picking back up again. Going with some friends to the soccer game tomorrow. They're ok I suppose. The flopping kills me though.

It's not hockey fun because I'm not that invested in them, but it's usually an enjoyable experience. We used to go see them at First Tennessee Park and had a blast. I liked that venue a little better than the time we saw them at Nissan, but both were fine.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Gawd, I need financial advice: pay ahead on bills or build more savings?
Quick Answer: Depends. How much do you currently have in savings? (rhetorical question, that's your business)

While there is no one who likes being out of debt more than I do, the money gods (MG's) are cruel so you have to trick them to make that happen. Any sort of windfall attracts the little buzzards, but mine don't seem to have their beady little eyes on my savings accounts or IRA's, just the ebb and flow of my checking account. I have enough readily available in the bank to live on for a few months + enough in savings to cover a BIG expense--car breakdown, every electrical item in your house deciding to break in a 6 week period, medical expenses, etc. Only you can estimate what those amounts would be for you. If you pay your rent ahead for a year, then you can be assured that your car or your refrigerator will break down, so plan accordingly.

Reactions: Armourboy

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Quick Answer: Depends. How much do you currently have in savings? (rhetorical question, that's your business)

While there is no one who likes being out of debt more than I do, the money gods (MG's) are cruel so you have to trick them to make that happen. Any sort of windfall attracts the little buzzards, but mine don't seem to have their beady little eyes on my savings accounts or IRA's, just the ebb and flow of my checking account. I have enough readily available in the bank to live on for a few months + enough in savings to cover a BIG expense--car breakdown, every electrical item in your house deciding to break in a 6 week period, medical expenses, etc. Only you can estimate what those amounts would be for you. If you pay your rent ahead for a year, then you can be assured that your car or your refrigerator will break down, so plan accordingly.

*nods*

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Pay off high interest debts, yes, pay ahead regular bills? Why? Buy some dividend paying conservative stock if you don't have immediate need for the $$

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Pay off high interest debts, yes, pay ahead regular bills? Why? Buy some dividend paying conservative stock if you don't have immediate need for the $$
It's rare but I have known of an instance where paying rent a full year in advance allowed a guy to get half custody of his son. Showed he could and wanted to provide for him so he got every other week instead of 2 days every two weeks. Other than odd circumstances like that, I'm with you. No need for paying ahead general bills.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
It's rare but I have known of an instance where paying rent a full year in advance allowed a guy to get half custody of his son. Showed he could and wanted to provide for him so he got every other week instead of 2 days every two weeks. Other than odd circumstances like that, I'm with you. No need for paying ahead general bills.

Luckily I only have 3 bills and a car payment.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
If your car payment or other bills will save you interest by paying off early then maybe, other wise there is no financial benefit in pre paying.

That being said I do pay ahead a month for my water bill. After decades of paying on time I got a message from the water district saying that I was late and am subject to having my water cut off the next morning if I didn't come in that day. My water bill is just a post card and apparently one month it got lost. I called and they admitted that I had a stellar pay record but that did not matter and I was scheduled for cut off and a fee for re connection if I didn't pay that day. Now I keep a $50 credit at the water company which is more than my bill.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
If you are at risk of losing your job/regular income source then I'd say you pay your Bill's only up to where you are current and not incurring any penalties/interest and save the rest

Reactions: Armourboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad