Off Topic: Accomodations in London, Ont

iamcaper

Hey Gang,

I'm heading to London, Ont for medical reasons and will visit the London Health Scienes Centre at Western University.

My wife and I are wondering if there are recommendations for where we should stay for a reasonable price, close to the University Hospital, and comfortable, preferrably with breakfast included. lol....Beg Big or Stay Home!

I'll get going in early February so any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopeing somebody can help us out.

Kind Regards,

Jason

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
There aren't many hotels in the north side of London, but here are a few that are relatively close (5-10 min drive):

Holiday Inn Express on Dundas.

Delta Armouries on Dundas.

Residence Inn by Marriott on King.

Hilton on King.

For me, it depends on what you call 'close.' I know several hotels that are a 15 min drive away, near the 401, but would that be too far? I'm in London a few times a year and, when I'm crashing overnight, I usually hit the Days Inn on Wellington. It's inexpensive, has a restaurant on-site, and is reasonable quality.

iamcaper

Thanks OHLTG, I truly appreciate your input.

I will actually be walking or at the most, taxiing, to the hospital so anything withing a 30 minute walk would probably be okay. Just looking for proximity, reasonably priced, and clean of course. Don't care about a pool or anything, it could even be a bed and breakfast.

Again, appreciative of any and all help provided

HackeyFan8

Nov 9, 2011
If you want a very relaxing and good environment. Try the lamplighter inn Best western. I go to UWO, and i wouldnt say that it is close. Like the poster said above. Most hotels are near the highway, 10-15 minute drive up to campus

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Just a word about Lamplighter - it's expensive. I love that hotel, stayed there a few times, but it's pushing $150 a night.

A closer place than the ones I suggested - Parkview B&B. It says it's 95 a night, includes full cooked breakfast.

I can't judge walking distances easily on a map, but it appears to be about 3km, which shouldn't take more than 15-20 min to walk.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I don't know much about it. I just looked it up and it seems like a neat place. I can tell you it's north of downtown London, and that's a pretty nice area; very comforting, residential area.

iamcaper

I don't know much about it. I just looked it up and it seems like a neat place. I can tell you it's north of downtown London, and that's a pretty nice area; very comforting, residential area.

Thanks for all your help gang, I truly appreciate it. Wouldn't mind taking in a game while I'm there but likely will not get the chance.

Anybody else have any suggestions?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Try calling University Hospital. Theyll have references for you and all the options avail. For certain situations, the hospital may even have pre arranged deals with hotels. As well if you do get one of the hotels/motels near 401 there are options for rides. Im not sure the program name but for a flat fee a ride can be arranged (cheaper than a cab) It will take a few phone calls and some time but it may help you out a bit.

H44

Aug 31, 2011
The Delta London Armouries is a nice place to stay. I am pretty sure they have a special rate for people visiting hospitals. It's located downtown on Dundas. It's a long walk to Western (i have done it) especially in winter, but there is a bus stop right across the street. Take the 13 Wellington North bus and there is a stop at the door of University Hospital. Cash fare: $2.75 or 5 tickets for $9.50 (bought at any convenience store)

PS - it's about a 10 - 15 minute bus ride depending on the traffic.

Last edited:

WindsorGirl

Sep 10, 2011
Another thought is to call residence services at Western - they may have some short-term rooms available for rent, and they might even have cooking facilities available. I know when I was a student there (years ago now), there was a small block of rooms available for short term. This might not be the case now, but it never hurts to check. And you can't get any closer to the hospital.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad