OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXIII - How is everybody coping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
My husband’s brother died yesterday. Or maybe the day before. His roommate found him yesterday. He lived in NC and we hadn’t seen him for several years, so we had to deal with finding a funeral home and making arrangements long-distance. We were able to come up with his SSN for the death certificate via cop connections and getting paperwork notarized on Mother’s Day by a district justice friend. We don’t know the cause of death, except that there was no foul play, so no idea if it was virus related. He was 60.

Last week Westy said, “when this thing is over I’m going to get on my bike and ride down to see my brother before it’s too late.”

I'm so sorry for your family's loss, Susan.

Reactions: sooshii

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
My husband’s brother died yesterday. Or maybe the day before. His roommate found him yesterday. He lived in NC and we hadn’t seen him for several years, so we had to deal with finding a funeral home and making arrangements long-distance. We were able to come up with his SSN for the death certificate via cop connections and getting paperwork notarized on Mother’s Day by a district justice friend. We don’t know the cause of death, except that there was no foul play, so no idea if it was virus related. He was 60.

Last week Westy said, “when this thing is over I’m going to get on my bike and ride down to see my brother before it’s too late.”

Jeez Susan I’m so so sorry for your loss.

:(

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I am so sorry.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

OMG...Susan I am so sorry.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I bought a peloton

got it almost exclusively because of Cody rigsby. That dudes gonna get me fabulous

I love my Peloton. Great investment, super fun classes. Welcome to the Pelofam!

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I bought a peloton

got it almost exclusively because of Cody rigsby. That dudes gonna get me fabulous
sub-buzz-312-1575490026-3.jpg

Reactions: BMC

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I’m sorry for your loss, I can only imagine how difficult it is during these times

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Today is the 75th anniversary of VE Day. I hope someday all Americans can agree about the nature of our opponents and what happened in WWII.

Did you go to U of M? Born in Detroit, raised in Grosse Pointe. Shot out of there to Boston ASAP. "Go Blue!" I think. Then again I went to hockey camp at State.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

Sorry for your loss.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

I am so sorry for your loss Soosh. Hugs to you both!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

terribly sorry for your loss

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

So sorry for your and Westy's loss, Susan. :(

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

I'm so sorry

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
so hooked on Chef`s table and not because I have been in hospitality so long but the stories are inspirational. This is NOT a series about cooking where chef`s share their recipes, this is however chef`s stories about where they came from, the struggles they encountered, just terrific

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Anyone have any good show recommendations for me? We have Netflix, Hulu, Apple TV+, and Amazon Prime. Scraping for shit to watch now, although Dead to Me is back and has been good. Just need something new as I'm already burning through that show too quickly...

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
went out to UMass Amherst yesterday to empty out my daughters apartment at Puffton.
I've been going out there 10 years with 3 kids. I saw maybe a total of a dozen people walking around as I cut through that huge campus.

it was like something out of a sci fi movie

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

so sorry.
hang in there.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Anyone have any good show recommendations for me? We have Netflix, Hulu, Apple TV+, and Amazon Prime. Scraping for shit to watch now, although Dead to Me is back and has been good. Just need something new as I'm already burning through that show too quickly...
my buddy said waco was pretty good on netflix. i havent seen it yet though.

Reactions: LSCII

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

I was actually just building a list of TV shows to watch for myself. I'm not sure what kind of stuff you've already seen, so I can suggest some things. I don't have Hulu or Apple TV+, but I realized that there are quite a few shows on Amazon Prime that I haven't watched. Upload just came out May 1st and is supposed to be good.

I can back up @DarrenBanks56's suggestion of Waco. I saw it when it came out a couple of years ago and it's very good. Michael Shannon, Taylor Kitsch, John Leguizamo, and Julia Garner, among others. It's also when I learned that there's a 3rd Culkin brother.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I was actually just building a list of TV shows to watch for myself. I'm not sure what kind of stuff you've already seen, so I can suggest some things. I don't have Hulu or Apple TV+, but I realized that there are quite a few shows on Amazon Prime that I haven't watched. Upload just came out May 1st and is supposed to be good.

I can back up @DarrenBanks56's suggestion of Waco. I saw it when it came out a couple of years ago and it's very good. Michael Shannon, Taylor Kitsch, John Leguizamo, and Julia Garner, among others. It's also when I learned that there's a 3rd Culkin brother.

So on Prime we've seen Bosch, which I dig but the wife does not. I've also read the books though. Sneaky Pete, Goliath, Jack Ryan (Is awesome) The Boys (again, awesome) Red Oaks (hilarious), Fleabag (was really funny), Catastrophe (tremendous)and several others that are older now.

We were thinking about ripping Vikings and that new show Upload, but don't know much on either.

Netflix we've seen: Orange is the new black, Stranger things, most of the marvel shows (Jessica Jones was great) Sens8, Narcos, The OA, Ozark, Altered Carbon, The Haunting, Black Summer (was a lot of fun), The Ranch, Trailer Park Boys, Santa Clarita Diet, GLOW, Russian Doll, Living with yourself, Big Mouth, and The End of the f***ing World (another really good show).

If you get Hulu, it's worth it alone for 8 seasons of Letterkenny. Easily one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time. Plus you can bundle with Disney Plus for short $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad