OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXIII - How is everybody coping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I'm just having a lot of trouble sleeping. Cant shut my brain off.
My mother is dying. I cant get to see her.
My daughter is relocating Indiana in 2 weeks. Her boyfriend there works for Fed Exp and they are dropping like flies.

I know I cant live forever but to have to die this way because people dont seem to give f***. What a way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GordonHowe

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
That's exactly right. Don't be concerned over it unless your pedi is. If you do hit a point where you think something isn't being met in an appropriate time and your doctor agrees, don't forget about the Early Intervention program. You can have services come to your house and they'll work with your child. One of my twins had a slight case of hip dysplasia and we got physical therapy to work on strengthening her leg to fix it.

My first son was born 9 weeks early. When he was finally discharged and we had regular pediatric visits, he was just sooo delayed compared to all the “benchmarks”. The Doctor kept saying don’t worry, by 2 years old he’ll catch up. I thought it doesn’t work that way.... and by age 2 he was all caught up. I thought “huh, maybe these guys know what they’re talking about....”
:laugh:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
My daughter is relocating Indiana in 2 weeks. Her boyfriend there works for Fed Exp and they are dropping like flies.
Then there is our dipshit in oval office.

I know I cant live forever but to have to die this way because people dont seem to give f***. What a way to go.

Sleep has been an issue in my house since it all started as well. For me, my wife, and the kids as well. Hard thing to deal with.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

The bad sleep and weird dreams thing is very very real for a lot of people right now. Both my wife and I have been having these insanely vivid, crazy dreams since this all started. I'm someone who rarely remembers dreams, but I seemingly remember every one I have lately.

I literally havent left my house in almost two months except to go on walks in the neighborhood because my wife is paranoid about catching the virus, and exposing our baby to it. We've had to get all of our groceries delivered.

My son hasn't seen his grandparents in 2 months. He hasn't even met all of his family.

I'm not doing this quarantine shit, to the point where I'm personally starting to lose it, just for a bunch of "DONT TREAD ON MY RIGHTS" morons to f*** everything up for everyone again. Nope nope nope.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Daisy and I are taking a break and enjoying being on the first floor. It's cooler out today. I opened the windows for the first time, and we're getting a nice breeze. Currently watching and listening to all the birds. Not sure what will happen when Daisy sees a squirrel though. :laugh:

20200506_122624.jpg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
We can send the murder hornets over to help take your mind off the migraine if you'd like....

Woke up this AM with crazy allergies and off the charts head pressure, so I think there's something in the air today...
My allergies are insane today. I can't stop sneezing and my eyes are watery as hell.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Mine are still going nuts and I already took flonase and meds. It's crazy. I just want my face to stop leaking.
I took a zyrtec and I felt better for a bit and now the sneezing has returned. I just feel blah all around.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I been working like a dog....well, a lot more than most dogs!
I didn't work Easter Sunday or last Sunday, or last Saturday. Other than that I've gone in every day for 8 weeks. Seems like 8 months! I don't think I'll do Sundays anymore.

I'm lucky to know the Ranger at an old scout camp where I can bring my dog every day after work. There's rarely many people there, so it's great.

I haven't had too much trouble sleeping, but I have had the vivid dreams yall were mentioning.

I do love the Orange Hairpiece, er, I mean the Covid thread here......it's quite entertaining!

Gee Wally, I'm sorry to hear about those trouble you've got....hang in there, we're all thinking of you!

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I been working like a dog....well, a lot more than most dogs!
I didn't work Easter Sunday or last Sunday, or last Saturday. Other than that I've gone in every day for 8 weeks. Seems like 8 months! I don't think I'll do Sundays anymore.

I'm lucky to know the Ranger at an old scout camp where I can bring my dog every day after work. There's rarely many people there, so it's great.

I haven't had too much trouble sleeping, but I have had the vivid dreams yall were mentioning.

I do love the Orange Hairpiece, er, I mean the Covid thread here......it's quite entertaining!

Gee Wally, I'm sorry to hear about those trouble you've got....hang in there, we're all thinking of you!

You been doing any BBQ on your smoker lately?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I'm so sorry you can't see your mom. I assume she is not at home, is there any way she can spend her last days there instead? Then you could see her one more time.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I'm so sorry you can't see your mom. I assume she is not at home, is there any way she can spend her last days there instead? Then you could see her one more time.

she is at home. With my sister. They both have cancer. My sister in remission. There will be no remission for my mom. Just pain management administered by my sister. We arent allowed to see her because of this pandemic . Since there are limited tests the risk of bringing her death is too high. I couldn’t have that on my conscious. Same for my other sister. We stay away for now.

Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I am so very sorry to hear how ill your Mother is. Sending a hug. It is horrible and unthinkable that you can't be with her.

I am missing my Amanda. She lives in Napa but usually comes home often and ALWAYS for Mother's Day. I told her not to come home. ...but I still miss her. :(

I live with my 3 cats and the only human that comes into my house is my next door neighbor who also lives alone and has been working from home longer than me. She had not seen GOT and doesn't get HBO so we are watching a couple of times a week. We order food out . Big Thrill.

The highlight of the week is seeing the pileated wood pecker as I am working from my living room.

It is still better than being on a ventilator in the hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Daisy and I are taking a break and enjoying being on the first floor. It's cooler out today. I opened the windows for the first time, and we're getting a nice breeze. Currently watching and listening to all the birds. Not sure what will happen when Daisy sees a squirrel though. :laugh:

View attachment 345172
My cats sit watching out the window while I work. We saw the first chipmunk of the Spring. The cats were making chattering noises at him.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I am not sleeping well. I am now (many nights) having a glass of wine to make me tired.

I am thankful for all of you guys (and gals). It does help having a place to vent and see that others share some of the same issues.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not much. I did bring a grill out to the lake Sunday. It was beautiful!

Normally I'd be heading to Memphis this weekend for the big cook off.......not this year!

I took the smoker out of storage right before this crap hit, and the plan was to start smoking early this season. Now though? Yeah, not a chance. Hard to find the cuts I want because everyone is panic buying everything. Even the multiple butchers in my area are tapped. I guess I'll just have to go to BT's Smokehouse in Sturbridge for my BBQ fux.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
That's exactly right. Don't be concerned over it unless your pedi is. If you do hit a point where you think something isn't being met in an appropriate time and your doctor agrees, don't forget about the Early Intervention program. You can have services come to your house and they'll work with your child. One of my twins had a slight case of hip dysplasia and we got physical therapy to work on strengthening her leg to fix it.

Some friends of ours had a child with hip dysplasia. A little therapy and a couple of months in a brace and it was completely fixed. Great what modern medicine can do.

Reactions: Ladyfan and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Watching Back to the Future for the first time in years. The amount of product placement is astounding. :laugh:

Amazing how many lines I still remember. o_O

View attachment 345189

:laugh:

Even more incredible is the undercurrent of racism. Was really shocked I didn't recall it being this bad when I was younger. Watched it with my 10 yr old daughter last year and was like, uh, that's not how we act towards people...lol

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Wally, I should take my own advice, but keep stumbling through the days.

My mother, 86 and in assited living, tested positive. She was able to breathe on her own, and will be released from the hospital. But, a precipitous and shocking decline over the past few years for a once vital person.

As noted elsewhere, I'm a cashier at a large liqour store in Denver. Gloves, mask, impossible social distancing (though of late this has improved). I want to make my way back to Boston.

Again, stumbling through the days.

Take care and keep going.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I am not sleeping well. I am now (many nights) having a glass of wine to make me tired.

I am thankful for all of you guys (and gals). It does help having a place to vent and see that others share some of the same issues.

It absolutely does. That's what this board has always been about. And you are a big part of it. :nod:

Reactions: Ladyfan

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

i have slept a total of 6 hours since sunday.
between this crap going on, stuff i want to fix around the house, allergies, poison ivy. i just cant sleep.
sunday nite i didnt sleep at all because it was too hot. last 2 dsys was throat was so itchy from the alkergies..
i feel a major migraine coming tomorrow. i just know it.

Reactions: GordonHowe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->