Cambridge, MA
Carry on

474878910.jpg

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A lot of people go to bed at 9:30-10 PM now - why do you think 5 local stations are doing news at 4:30 AM?

Who goes to bed at that time? People on bad shifts?

People's lifestyles have changed. Many get up early and hit the gym at 5 - 5:30 AM nowadays.

You can see it in TV ratings where newscasts at 9 and 10 PM now have more viewers than 11 PM.

The simple fact is today there is a lot of traffic at 5 AM which wasn't the case even 20 years ago. One reason for more traffic is the transit system is still using a schedule template from just after post World War II where the subway starts running at 5:20 AM.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
People's lifestyles have changed. Many get up early and hit the gym at 5 - 5:30 AM nowadays.

You can see it in TV ratings where newscasts at 9 and 10 PM now have more viewers than 11 PM.

The simple fact is today there is a lot of traffic at 5 AM which wasn't the case even 20 years ago. One reason for more traffic is the transit system is still using a schedule template from just after post World War II where the subway starts running at 5:20 AM.

Was always a night owl from my university days. Got my best work done during all-nighters. It's been an unshakable habit since.

A "pidge"?

Where have I been, I'm woefully out of touch. :D

Reactions: Fenway

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

All of this.

I'm up at 4 and leave for the train station by 5:15 because you never know how busy the small lot will be. I typically get to the station by 5:30.

My workday varies but I typically start around 7:30.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
my sleep is weird. if i went to bed any earlier than 11, id be wide awake at 4am. i have to stay up until at least 11/12 to sleep through the nite

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
my sleep is weird. if i went to bed any earlier than 11, id be wide awake at 4am. i have to stay up until at least 11/12 to sleep through the nite

im the exact same way

basically have to be a night owl because I suck at sleeping lol. I usually do 2-830

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Was told as pallets of water were being brought to the floor people swarmed it like locusts. LMAO is this ONLY going on out here or are people going ape shit everywhere over this virus?

Manager was telling us he thinks this will happen for a few more weeks but told us we're all probably happy cuz it will make our checks better and he mentioned christmas money(its march LOL)

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017
All of this.

I'm up at 4 and leave for the train station by 5:15 because you never know how busy the small lot will be. I typically get to the station by 5:30.

My workday varies but I typically start around 7:30.
This is what my morning is right now except i leave early to drop off my 3 kids at daycare and school. My question is when they're all school age eligible and riding the bus in the mornings, what am i gonna do with all that free time lol

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Was told as pallets of water were being brought to the floor people swarmed it like locusts. LMAO is this ONLY going on out here or are people going ape shit everywhere over this virus?

Manager was telling us he thinks this will happen for a few more weeks but told us we're all probably happy cuz it will make our checks better and he mentioned christmas money(its march LOL)
I haven’t seen the water thing here but I do know that some stores temporarily ran out of bleach.

The issue driving up the panic in some are the mixed messages from the medical professionals and leadership at all levels and the news media’s propensity to cover the worst case scenarios.

The truth is that no one was prepared for it and are trying to play catch up. Everything they are telling people to do is exactly how people handle the flu every year.

Should we be worried, yes absolutely but should we let it consume us to the point where it starts negatively impacting all aspects of life, no.

Reactions: Kovi

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
This is what my morning is right now except i leave early to drop off my 3 kids at daycare and school. My question is when they're all school age eligible and riding the bus in the mornings, what am i gonna do with all that free time lol
I know my dad started working earlier so he could get out earlier to coach my sister and I in softball and do all the activity pick up especially me since mine ran into the evening.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I haven’t seen the water thing here but I do know that some stores temporarily ran out of bleach.

The issue driving up the panic in some are the mixed messages from the medical professionals and leadership at all levels and the news media’s propensity to cover the worst case scenarios.

The truth is that no one was prepared for it and are trying to play catch up. Everything they are telling people to do is exactly how people handle the flu every year.

Should we be worried, yes absolutely but should we let it consume us to the point where it starts negatively impacting all aspects of life, no.

We legit have NO toilet paper and paper towels. Off the top of my head also either have limited or no wet wipes, rice, ramen noodles, kleenex, certain cleaning products.

Like its weird..............we have no huggies wet naps but there are plenty of KS wet naps............Like u said im worried but im not gonna let it consume my life.

Feel bad for one of my coworkers. He transferred to IDK a marketing division/department or something but he still works with us Sunday and Monday. Last few days hes helped us even tho he hasnt had to. So he will like work with customers and whoever from 1/2PM -6:15pm then 6:15PM -1/2AM with us. Good money for him but he must be exhausted. Actually feel bad for our whole crew. We have a 62 year old on it. Myself and others always try and help her tho especially with the big coolers that even the bigger guys need help with.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Are there any other disinfectant wipes out there specifically made for electronics?

I'm finding that clorox wipes are leaving a sticky residue (ha ha) behind which is really annoying.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006

I was at Home Depot yesterday in PA picking up some welding wire. Thought about getting a couple of disposable respirators and ALL respirators are gone. I mean even the industrial with interchangeable filter cans. Do people realize that the purpose of those masks in combating the virus is to just to prevent you from touching your face?

Honestly, though, what the companies should do is to force the non-essential personnel to work from home. Most of the infections will happen at workplace.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Are there any other disinfectant wipes out there specifically made for electronics?

I'm finding that clorox wipes are leaving a sticky residue (ha ha) behind which is really annoying.

I have a can of 3M Desk & Office Cleaner. Seems to work OK, just don't wipe screens with it.

Reactions: Alicat

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
I know my dad started working earlier so he could get out earlier to coach my sister and I in softball and do all the activity pick up especially me since mine ran into the evening.

My reasons were similar. I used to work in consulting and the typical work day was 10-11 hours plus almost three hours of commute. I ended up seeing my son on the weekends, because I used to leave for work when he was asleep and would come home just before he would go to bed. I started going to work to be there by about 6:30 AM so I could make it home in time to spend a couple of hours with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->