OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXI - Punxsutawney Phil says EARLY SPRING!!!!! ( We are doomed )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Why exactly do we care what the weather will be like in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania

gobler-s-knobb.jpg

upload_2020-1-28_5-20-31.png

phil-lied.jpg

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I hope the groundhog bites the jerk who reaches in to yank him out of his warm home.

Rumor has it the little bastard is pissed because February 2 is also Super Bowl Sunday so he won't get the attention he usually gets & in retaliation he's going to call six more weeks of winter ;) :laugh:

Reactions: Alicat

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I found out i have exercise induced asthma....and i am pretty happy about it - explains all the endless dry coughs i experienced during winter time.

Some tests still need to be done but it's pretty much confirmed.

I used Ventolin inhaler 2 hours ago for the first time in my life, world of difference.

now you can do absolutely nothing and nobody can call you lazy, p sick development

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I was too young to remember this event but I learned about it by watching Punky Brewster a few years later.

I was in 10th grade. They wheeled TVs into every room to watch it since a teacher was flying into space. It was a huge deal. And it went very badly shortly thereafter. Literally watched as teachers and students were bawling their eyes out. Easily one of the weirdest days in terms of everyone just kind of being numb and walking around in a daze, like it wasn't real. Very similar feeling as 9/11 for me.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@BMC

They will never find her body now :cry:

Fotis Dulos en route to hospital with a pulse despite suicide reports, attorney says

STAMFORD, CT (WFSB) - According to multiple sources, a man accused of trying to kill his estranged wife died at his home in Farmington.
Police and paramedics were on the scene behind the house of Fotis Dulos on Tuesday afternoon. The home is located on Jefferson Crossing.

Sources called it a suicide.

Paramedics were spotted giving him CPR outside of his garage.

Fotis Dulos was due in Stamford Superior Court for a hearing, a court official confirmed to Channel 3.

Reactions: Runner77

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
@BMC

They will never find her body now :cry:

Fotis Dulos en route to hospital with a pulse despite suicide reports, attorney says

STAMFORD, CT (WFSB) - According to multiple sources, a man accused of trying to kill his estranged wife died at his home in Farmington.
Police and paramedics were on the scene behind the house of Fotis Dulos on Tuesday afternoon. The home is located on Jefferson Crossing.

Sources called it a suicide.

Paramedics were spotted giving him CPR outside of his garage.

Fotis Dulos was due in Stamford Superior Court for a hearing, a court official confirmed to Channel 3.

f***ing coward :rant:

His girlfriend and their attorney had also been arrested in connection with Mrs. Dulos' "disappearance". I'll bet everything I own they started singing like canaries to the CSP and he knew he was f***ed.

Reactions: Alicat

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I found out i have exercise induced asthma....and i am pretty happy about it - explains all the endless dry coughs i experienced during winter time.

Some tests still need to be done but it's pretty much confirmed.

I used Ventolin inhaler 2 hours ago for the first time in my life, world of difference.
Are you on FB?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
This is the first negative review I've seen of this ad.

I think it's incredible and very well done.
The concept is creative but the execution by Dratch ruins it. Far too over the top. I'm fine with Krasinski, Evan and Papi

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
****ing coward :rant:

His girlfriend and their attorney had also been arrested in connection with Mrs. Dulos' "disappearance". I'll bet everything I own they started singing like canaries to the CSP and he knew he was ****ed.
It appears he is alive

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So I had my first MRI last night. I almost pushed the panic button as I am a bit claustrophobic.

I tried to listen to the music and meditate but I had to keep my eyes closed and even with ear plugs and headphones on the noise is very loud.

I talked myself out of my panic attack but was very happy when the attendant said "only 4 more min"
I counted the 240 seconds.

Reactions: BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
So I had my first MRI last night. I almost pushed the panic button as I am a bit claustrophobic.

I tried to listen to the music and meditate but I had to keep my eyes closed and even with ear plugs and headphones on the noise is very loud.

I talked myself out of my panic attack but was very happy when the attendant said "only 4 more min"
I counted the 240 seconds.

I go for a chest and body scan tomorrow afternoon.
My dad died of lung cancer. My sister currently has lung cancer.

Although I dont smoke anymore I did for decades.
My Docs want a looksee and baseline.
You could say I have some anxiety over this.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->