OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXI - Punxsutawney Phil says EARLY SPRING!!!!! ( We are doomed )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
How bad is I-95? You drive 9 hours through New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina and you look forward to seeing Pedro....

89196730_10220144870144702_4257135737998147584_n.jpg

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
'Judge Judy' to End After 25 Seasons; Sheindlin Says New Show, 'Judy Justice,' in the Works

Judge Judy is coming to an end after 25 seasons, host Judy Sheindlin says. At the same time, she isn't ready to hang up her gavel just yet.
The syndicated court show host appears on Monday's The Ellen DeGeneres, where she told DeGeneres that the 2020-21 season of Judge Judy will also be its last. The Hollywood Reporter confirmed that Judge Judy will end production after next season, which will be the show's 25th season on the air.

"I've had a 25-year-long marriage with CBS [Television Distribution, which distributes the show], and it's been successful," she said. "Next year will be our 25th season, silver anniversary, and CBS sort of felt, I think, they wanted to optimally utilize the repeats of my program," she said. "Because now they have 25 years of reruns. So what they decided to do was to sell a couple of years' worth of reruns. But I'm not tired, so Judy Justice will be coming out a year later."

It's unclear whether this will be another syndicated program or for a network or other outlet.

Asked by DeGeneres where viewers will be able to watch the new show, Sheindlin replied: "I can't tell you yet."

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Back in the office today after being out all last week and am already realizing that taking it easy is going to be really hard.

Totally OT and for the ladies here but Maybelline peach camo cover up stick is the best thing invented to hide under eye circles or in my case, the residual from the black eyes I got from my sinus infection.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Back in the office today after being out all last week and am already realizing that taking it easy is going to be really hard.

Totally OT and for the ladies here but Maybelline peach camo cover up stick is the best thing invented to hide under eye circles or in my case, the residual from the black eyes I got from my sinus infection.

I'm a big fan of Can't Stop, Won't Stop concealer...but thanks for the rec. I might check it out.

Reactions: Alicat

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Probably weird to hear but living in Vegas is boring. At least in Cali I could drive to the beach if the weather was nice.

yup, completely agree.

basically split my time between out there (Summerlin) and RI (girlfriend moved out there) and am moving there full time in the next couple months.

but yeah, The Strip is overrated and really just a pain in the butt and its pretty easy to get bored there. One benefit is I'm big into hiking so there plenty of that to do

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
6 sleeps left til Barbados, too much rain recently here in Victoria, looking forward to some Vitamin D. We have a few provisions to make sure we are looking after our health in light of the horrible virus out there but we are not feeling hesitant in flying, we got this

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Hope the interview is this week and I get the full time position in another department. Tired of busting my hump in this department while managers play favorites with lazy people.

Reactions: BMC

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Coworker who is also trying to transfer out of the department(theres like 20+ spots in 3 departments) says even if I get offered a part time spot it might be best to take it. Even tho I would be losing money it would help improve my life or get it back on track.

Id go from working Sunday-Thursday 6PM-2AM(except sunday) to working Monday-Friday 7AM-3:30PM. Would have weekends and evenings off. Be able to eat and sleep normally.

Something to think about

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
From WBZ on an AM-only transistor radio in the 1970's..

I WATCHED A HOCKEY GAME ON MY PHONE......my little mind is blown ....

Technology... ain't it Grand....

i was in disney for the conference final. While the lady friend was off in line for the absurd stuff i won’t ride, like The Hulk coaster, i was sitting on a bench streaming a game on my phone and had a portable charger ready. It was beautiful and yes mind blowing.

Reactions: eightspokedb

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
What's more worrying is that it is no longer just loons on forums or chatrooms but rather loons with good vocabularies and editing skills and money who are writing articles or essays and making videos with a relatively high production value that makes it seem like what they are selling has some sort of credibility. Present that to a generation of kids who seem to learn as much about the world through the screen on their phone as they do from books in school and it becomes apparent how these sort of crazy beliefs gain traction.

Throw in lazy parents who just shove that screen in front of their bored kids face and assume that their responsibility for their child's education ends at the school gate and it's easy to feel more than a little pessimistic about what lays ahead.
I know I'm reaching way back here but I'm just catching up in this thread and this is important. There is a silver lining here, and I know it''s not a popular fact: Younger people are far less likely to buy into conspiracy and fake news than older people. A lot of this has to do with growing up with the internet - they tend to be more skeptical and can spot the obvious crap.

Less than you think: Prevalence and predictors of fake news dissemination on Facebook

I'll hold off citing any of the graphs/findings specifically as it can wade into politics but it's important to understand that, no, younger people are not more susceptible to 'fake news', and they are not by a large margin.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Geebuz we sold out of water and people are selling it on ebay

Attachments

• DC6CAC48-8733-43DF-ABB1-C9142B2AE27A.jpeg
    DC6CAC48-8733-43DF-ABB1-C9142B2AE27A.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 865911EC-96EE-49DA-AE96-B56A6DB882D3.jpeg
    865911EC-96EE-49DA-AE96-B56A6DB882D3.jpeg
    481.3 KB · Views: 4

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
OK New Englanders I just noticed looking across the horizon the other day, all of the trees have buds.

Is it just me or are we just a tad early to be seeing the ends of the winter branch fill?

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Coworker who is also trying to transfer out of the department(theres like 20+ spots in 3 departments) says even if I get offered a part time spot it might be best to take it. Even tho I would be losing money it would help improve my life or get it back on track.

Id go from working Sunday-Thursday 6PM-2AM(except sunday) to working Monday-Friday 7AM-3:30PM. Would have weekends and evenings off. Be able to eat and sleep normally.

Something to think about

Went through something similar a few years ago.

Was in a job that killed my mental health and I stayed longer than I should've because the pay was so good. Learned the hard way that mental health is worth more than money.

Ended up taking a 10k pay cut just to leave and it's the best decision I've made. New office is night and day, relaxed, I work with good and happy people.

Long story short, if the money difference isn't going to bankrupt you, I'd lean towards the better life schedule

Reactions: Troublesome 85
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->