OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XX - Neil Peart, drummer and primary lyricist for Rush, dead at 67

Status
Not open for further replies.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
The character of George Bailey makes that movie extremely difficult for me to watch. I’ve seen horribly disturbing and depressing films, but for whatever reason that one really gets to me. It’s way more unsettling and over the top than it has to be.
I just finished watching this before the game.
George was a nasty SOB. but I always cry at the end.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have stopped there many, many times

Tractor trailer crashes into Desert Inn and Restaurant in Yeehaw Junction

YEEHAW JUNCTION, Fla. -- A tractor trailer crashed into the historic Desert Inn and Restaurant in Yeehaw Junction early Sunday morning.
Florida Highway Patrol says a 2018 semi truck hauling orange juice struck the building at 3:15 a.m.

50-year-old Mareo Cawley of Chicago, Illinois told troopers that the area was dark and he did not realize he left the road.

No one was inside the building at the time of the crash.

According to FHP, when tow trucks removed the truck, part of the building collapsed.

Reactions: Runner77

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
o_O You must have a death wish lol.

I just placed a huge grocery pickup order for tomorrow morning. I do not want to deal with crowds of any sort. Just let me sit in my car and crochet in peace while they load everything up. :laugh:

Grocery pick up is literally the greatest invention of the last 5 years. I rarely have to suffer through the crowds at WalMart anymore.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Grocery pick up is literally the greatest invention of the last 5 years. I rarely have to suffer through the crowds at WalMart anymore.
And if you go in the store, you end up being your own cashier because they only staff one register most of the time. They have at least improved the self checkout to the extent that I haven't heard "UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA" lately. That used to make me want to heave the entire contraption through the front door and into the parking lot where it would crush all the cars that use the fire lane as their personal parking space.

I generally do not view Walmart visits as pleasant experiences. :laugh:

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I survived both Market Basket and Target this afternoon :help:
I went to the Market Basket on Highland ave in Salem this afternoon. It's close to the Northeast Animal Shelter if anyone is interested. They do great things there.:nod:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I survived both Market Basket and Target this afternoon :help:
The one in Somerville is a claustrophobic nightmare. It's one of the smallest if not the smallest one.
They really pack'em in there. I talked to a gm at another Market Basket and he was bragging how they implemented his plan to add an extra isle to the Somerville store. I said "great, thanks for the warning."
He looked displeased.
There was one in the north shore that was small that I stopped at last summer and it was small too, but Somerville beats them all. As a kid I worked at Johnnie's Foodmaster on Beacon St. Somerville and it was the Market Basket of the seventies. The holidays were insane there but as a slightly hyperactive teenager with too much energy I loved every minute of it. We bagboys would race to see who could bag the most groceries and bring them out to customers cars (in special 2 wheel carts). Made out great from mid November thru to New Years with tips galore.

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The one in Somerville is a claustrophobic nightmare. It's one of the smallest if not the smallest one.
They really pack'em in there. I talked to a gm at another Market Basket and he was bragging how they implemented his plan to add an extra isle to the Somerville store. I said "great, thanks for the warning."
He looked displeased.
There was one in the north shore that was small that I stopped at last summer and it was small too, but Somerville beats them all. As a kid I worked at Johnnie's Foodmaster on Beacon St. Somerville and it was the Market Basket of the seventies. The holidays were insane there but as a slightly hyperactive teenager with too much energy I loved every minute of it. We bagboys would race to see who could bag the most groceries and bring them out to customers cars (in special 2 wheel carts). Made out great from mid November thru to New Years with tips galore.

I miss Johnnie's Foodmaster and it has been 7 years - Whole Foods bought them which reflects the area now

Reactions: LSCII and Strafer

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Trying to work with my two sisters to surprise my mom with a visit after Christmas. They are being super stressy. Ladies...just get mom to the restaurant at 5, I don't care what you tell her.

lord

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
So I quit playing hockey in 2000, age 38, after a severe shoulder injured caused while playing.
Saturday, my 22 year old daughter asks me to go public skating. I literally took 1/4 of an inch of
dust off my 451 Super Tacks. Felt tongues were stuck to the sides and needed to be peeled apart.
Thought it would be like riding a bike once i hit the ice, but it took longer than I thought. 10 minutes in ,
my hips were sore. Going from forward skating to backward was like nothing before, but now, it was
an adventure, as was a hockey stop. I think a lot of it is I am super concerned about falling and hurting my
self. I'm not young anymore, and have already fallen once with a serious injury. I really miss the game, and
can understand why players hang on for as long as they can.

I encourage anyone who is playing to continue to play for as long as you can.

Reactions: BMC and Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad