OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVIII - Treat or Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
In Charleston, and had a remarkable experience.

We’re walking down the street and there was a woman standing outside a shop and asked us if we wanted to try a sample of something. We both said all set, thanks and kept walking. The woman goes are you from Boston? We stopped dead are we’re like uhhhh yeah how did you know that?! And she said all the people from Boston say “all set”. We walked down another block, a guy was outside a store and asked us if we wanted a sample. We said all set thanks and he yelled ah, you’re from Boston!

Is this not a thing people say? I am incredulous.

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

We’re walking down the street and there was a woman standing outside a shop and asked us if we wanted to try a sample of something. We both said all set, thanks and kept walking. The woman goes are you from Boston? We stopped dead are we’re like uhhhh yeah how did you know that?! And she said all the people from Boston say “all set”. We walked down another block, a guy was outside a store and asked us if we wanted a sample. We said all set thanks and he yelled ah, you’re from Boston!

Happens to me often

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Happy Halloween

upload_2019-10-31_22-38-26.jpeg

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Halloween and 7 people(half the crew) call out.....................didnt know this was THAT special of a day.

I got to start early anyways and make my $$$$$$$$$$$$$ just got a raise too

Reactions: DKH

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Hahaha last year we got a freeze warning and tee off was delayed a half hour. I’m used to freezing though, haha

Maybe its TOOOOOOO freezing out here. Legit just saw coyote walking around the gas station I was at. First time seeing one of them in awhile and first time in a place populated by people(was 230 am but still cars and some people around)

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Maybe its TOOOOOOO freezing out here. Legit just saw coyote walking around the gas station I was at. First time seeing one of them in awhile and first time in a place populated by people(was 230 am but still cars and some people around)
I see you're from Vegas, I've probably been there 6 times now. Been coming since I was 23. Doing my second stay at the Golden Nugget, any recommendations of good pubs (I know it's Vegas and there are hundreds)? I hear Atomic Liquors is good.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I always say "I'm good, thanks"... Then I heard my son say it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
We live in a Condo complex but on the ground floor and our complex is well lit, easily acceptable and would be prime candy depots but not one kid made their way to our place. Really nice night last night and when we took the pooch for a stroll barely any children out there.

Crazy, when I was a kid the streets just blocked solid

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

As for your "all set" the only time I ever hear it is when talking w MA folks.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
One of my major pet peeves these days is when I say thank you to someone and they say "no worries"??????? What? What`s that even mean, ever heard of "you are welcome"????
Text conversation reply "kk"

You are that friggin lazy to not tap the letter "O" that is right above the damn "K"????

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Text conversation reply "kk"

You are that friggin lazy to not tap the letter "O" that is right above the damn "K"????

oh good lord I hear ya, I text like the next person but my life isn` t so busy and filled with such limited time that I just can`t bring myself to type out a word/sentence in full. Different generation and it`s become clear, as I turn the big 5-0 tomorrow, I have become a grumpy old man:laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
purchased new Christmas "smart" lights yesterday, man am I getting lazy but I have to admit, as I put them up yesterday and had Alexa to turn them on, kind of dug the thought of not getting off my arse:)

Before my fellow Canadians get on me for lights or holiday decorations before Remembrance Day, take it easy, only put them up, tested them then screamed at Alexa to turn them off

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Trick or Treating. I moved the family a few years ago to a slightly different area but we don't get trick or treaters so last year and yesterday I go to a friend's house and hang-out with him, pretend I'm a decoration and scare kids. Douglas Park, Vancouver and it's crazy. Vancouver has a history of fireworks going and people spend thousands of dollars on them and they go all night. - however this area some houses do the whole t.v. thing of opening their houses and making them haunted (not my buddy's house as he decorates but just sits on the porch) and everywhere is decorated and all of that jazz. He bought 1000 pieces of candy, one a kid because it's costly with two of them handing them out, and ran out with hundreds of kids still walking by.

Just for anyone that grew up trick or treating and are kinda sad that it seems there's less kids wandering around now - it's a mob scene/festival of kids and parents in costume and explosions going off the whole time.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
purchased new Christmas "smart" lights yesterday, man am I getting lazy but I have to admit, as I put them up yesterday and had Alexa to turn them on, kind of dug the thought of not getting off my arse:)

Before my fellow Canadians get on me for lights or holiday decorations before Remembrance Day, take it easy, only put them up, tested them then screamed at Alexa to turn them off
I unplugged Alexa, what a waste of energy. Bought it for the wife last Christmas the Alexa plus, took me 10 months to convince my wife to unplug it. What a scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad