OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVIII - Treat or Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
My dog has got the 'rrea; he's had me outside 4 times today already. I've given up on either of us being dry at any point today.

Thankfully I had some rice & mashed pumpkin (was planning to make a pie this week) in the cabinet so he can eat that to help settle the stomach.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Mrs. 103 accompanied me to the bi-annual train show at the Shriners Auditorium in Wilmington today. She enjoys the operating layouts and dioramas, and kind of has a soft spot for trains like I do.

I pointed out one particular layout that had an HO Scale MBTA Commuter Rail train chugging along, and she says to me; “that’s like the third layout we’ve seen with a model MBTA Commuter Rail on it.”

“You’re right,” says I.

She then says; “have you noticed that the T is always moving slower than the other trains on the table?”

Pretty clever of her to make that observation. That wife of mine is rather witty.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I wonder how Bertucci's feels about this?

Over the last 3-4 years, there's been a HUGE increase in branded SNL sketches. I remember they actually made a big deal about it, because it would (at the time) supposedly decrease the number of commercials they'd run.

I specifically remember there was one with Burger King as a sponsor where they were going through a drive-thru. But make no mistake, when these brands pop up, they're not just picking some random brand (unless it's topical).

That said, I haven't watched SNL yet - so, who knows. But unless they really, really dig into the brand in a realistic way, it will get the name out there, which can be good. "Bertuccis pizza has rat poop on it" is probably fine - "Bertuccis: Where we specifically hire waiters that will ignore you" probably isn't.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
My dog has got the 'rrea; he's had me outside 4 times today already. I've given up on either of us being dry at any point today.

Thankfully I had some rice & mashed pumpkin (was planning to make a pie this week) in the cabinet so he can eat that to help settle the stomach.
I'm not sure mashed pumpkin is the way to go. I work in a gets office and a bland diet of rice and boiled chicken is often recommended.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I'm not sure mashed pumpkin is the way to go. I work in a gets office and a bland diet of rice and boiled chicken is often recommended.
I think pumpkin works for doggy diarrhea or constipation.

ETA - I googled to be “sure”:
If your dog has diarrhea, the soluble fiber in canned pumpkin will help absorb the excess water, resulting in firmer stool. For a pet that is constipated, the high water and fiber content in the pumpkin will help add bulk and soften the stool, acting as a natural laxative and making the stool easier to pass.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I have him on white rice and boiled chicken today, the pumpkin was recommended as well to help bind it all together and add fibre/bulk (Like the below); it's just a tablespoon mixed in but the majority is white rice/boiled chicken breast. He's been ok so far the rest of the day, though no real poops. I'll put him back on his food tomorrow AM and see how he does; will go to vet if it comes back.

Other than the diarrhea this AM/early afternoon, he's been his normal self (playful, happy, not lethargic, no throwing up etc). And he has an appetite. He probably dug something up on a walk that I didn't notice; he's a sniffer and sometimes he might grab something and eat it before I notice.

Reactions: sooshii

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Can’t speak for dogs, but I know fiber in humans basically acts the same way. Loosely speaking, fiber + fully hydrated diet = flush you out. Fiber + not enough water = plug you up. It’s easy to focus on food and diet when you’re dealing with diarrhea/constipation, but appropriate hydration is important too.

Reactions: BMC and sooshii

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Can’t speak for dogs, but I know fiber in humans basically acts the same way. Loosely speaking, fiber + fully hydrated diet = flush you out. Fiber + not enough water = plug you up. It’s easy to focus on food and diet when you’re dealing with diarrhea/constipation, but appropriate hydration is important too.
loosely speaking. HA!

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
giphy.gif

no kids, no pets, no poop
nope

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Feeling pretty good here tonight.
Youngest son just got early acceptance for Dr. of Pharmacy grad school here at Mass School of Pharmacy. Right here in Worcester. Will be nice to have him around awhile. Even if it means downsizing may be postponed. We’ll see.

I gotta say My kids, all three, have done well at UMass Amherst.
That school prepared them well for advancing along.

Oldest boy got his Masters in Physics and works for Dept of Energy in Cal.

Now just waiting to see where the princess lands for her Masters.

Crazy times.
I don't often say this... but having 3 successful kids in our day and age is quite the accomplishment. You and your wife should be proud of yourselves. Consider yourselves blessed.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Captain chainsaw started woodcutting at 745am this morning and is back at it now across the street from my house with a headlamp, wtf.
Arizona landscapers are tree workers start at 5:45am and work 7 days a week.
eventually it just fades into the background.... nbd

However, the guest of a neighbor who has been parked on the street all weekend, started his very loud truck at 4:15 this morning and woke me up :ha:

Last edited:

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Captain chainsaw started woodcutting at 745am this morning and is back at it now across the street from my house with a headlamp, wtf.
I have an 80 year old nitwit neighbor next door who is in his yard 7 days a week for 12 hours,cutting,chainsawing,raking,mowing or just making a racket. What a waste of a life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->