OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVIII - Treat or Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I heard that on the radio about 3-4 months ago, and thought I'd slipped into an alternate timeline...but a very cool remake.
I apparently live under a rock because I just heard it for the first time today. I love Whitney Houston. Her voice was effortless yet powerful.

A damn shame what happened to her

Reactions: Troublesome 85

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
What I immediately thought of when I heard about the ultimate showdown of Jeopardy Champions
13836696-7B60-468B-98ED-519F9BC8DD2D.jpeg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Going to the chiropractor this afternoon and I can't wait. I know it's going to hurt like hell at first but it will all be worth it in the end.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I would like to "like" this a thousand times over :)

View attachment 279503

My favorite today was I got an email from an employee's wife asking me if I could send her all of the materials.

Her husband (the employee) had forwarded her an email where my benefits admin clearly explained how to access all of said materials on the company intranet. Instead of pulling them down and sending them to her, he forwarded her my email.

Can't make this shit up.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
The HR folks in my place must be gluttons for punishment. Not only is it open enrollment time, but they are also handling all reviews, raises and bonuses for support staff and paralegals AND we just started going through office construction one floor at a time which means everyone has to be moved off their floor to another floor for 4-6 months during their floor's construction. We have 6 floors, so this is going to be going on for at least 2 years.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
It's open enrollment for me too, but because I started a new job. It's a pretty easy decision on everything though, because pretty much as a rule, benefits for consultants (if there even are any) pretty much suck. So I'll be getting my insurance from the marketplace, except for dental, which isn't so bad with my new company. And if I ever get their website to cooperate, I'll get my 401(k) set up.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
It's open enrollment for me too, but because I started a new job. It's a pretty easy decision on everything though, because pretty much as a rule, benefits for consultants (if there even are any) pretty much suck. So I'll be getting my insurance from the marketplace, except for dental, which isn't so bad with my new company. And if I ever get their website to cooperate, I'll get my 401(k) set up.

The fact that you're offered any of that as a consultant is strange.

Are you employed through a consulting agency and get sent to different contracts?

Reactions: LSCII

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
My medical for me, my wife and my son is $280 per week. Company posedly kicks some in as well. Seems really expensive but I never asked anyone really, so is it expensive? Only 30 people work here so maybe that's it? Plus it's dirty Jerz where most people aren't nice.

Reactions: BNHL

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
My medical for me, my wife and my son is $280 per week. Company posedly kicks some in as well. Seems really expensive but I never asked anyone really, so is it expensive? Only 30 people work here so maybe that's it? Plus it's dirty Jerz where most people aren't nice.

What kind of plan is it? I'm assuming based on that cost it's one with a fairly low deductible and a more traditional co-pay v co-insurance set-up.

It's expensive, but not wildly so. With a small company, one bad claim can really f*** up the entire pool and send rates skyrocketing.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
What kind of plan is it? I'm assuming based on that cost it's one with a fairly low deductible and a more traditional co-pay v co-insurance set-up.

It's expensive, but not wildly so. With a small company, one bad claim can really **** up the entire pool and send rates skyrocketing.

Aetna whole health --- Aetna select open access says "self insured" on it lol. I have to pay like 1250 bucks deducible first before I even get any benefits. I think it's pretty bad

Also everyone is old here....people have had like 100k bills that were mostly covered but yeah insurance boots you then

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Aetna whole health --- Aetna select open access says "self insured" on it lol. I have to pay like 1250 bucks deducible first before I even get any benefits. I think it's pretty bad

Also everyone is old here....people have had like 100k bills that were mostly covered but yeah insurance boots you then

The fact that your company is self insured with a workforce of 30 is mind-boggling to me.

$1250 actually is a pretty reasonable deductible. Most plans that aren't a traditional HMO (of which there are few and far between) have a deductible now, and yours isn't too bad for an open access.

Is the $1250 cumulative for your whole family, or per member? If it's the whole family that's actually fairly decent. If it's per member, way less decent.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
We were paying $300 a month for a family PPO,1 mil in life insurance,LT health Ins,dental and vision. Our contribution is contractually locked in at 20% of the total.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Our group size is right around a hundred and the deductible is $5000. :help: Only preventive stuff is covered before the deductible.

We had only been charging employees $150 per month for family coverage, but that is increasing next year to $200. Got socked with a 20 percent increase due to high claims.

We do have an HSA and the company contributes $2 for every $1 we put in, up to a certain limit.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Well......what could possibly go wrong here? LOLO!!

Hope you're not too attached to your highway exit number

Over the next two years, exit numbers along Massachusetts’ highways and routes will change under a federal mandate, MassDOT officials said Monday.

Exits, which currently use sequential numbering, will shift to mileage-based numbering, according to Neil Boudreau, the department’s assistant administrator for traffic and safety.

Crews are planning on starting with Interstate 91 and working on a route-by-route basis, he said.

“We don’t want to confuse the public when we’re out there,” he said. “We intend to move from west to east.”

MassDOT anticipates traffic impacts from the project will be minimal.

To ensure the public adapts to the shift, Boudreau said MassDOT will leave signs up indicating each exit’s old number for at least two years.
The department won’t be in a rush to take them down, either.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Well......what could possibly go wrong here? LOLO!!

Hope you're not too attached to your highway exit number

Over the next two years, exit numbers along Massachusetts’ highways and routes will change under a federal mandate, MassDOT officials said Monday.

Exits, which currently use sequential numbering, will shift to mileage-based numbering, according to Neil Boudreau, the department’s assistant administrator for traffic and safety.

Crews are planning on starting with Interstate 91 and working on a route-by-route basis, he said.

“We don’t want to confuse the public when we’re out there,” he said. “We intend to move from west to east.”

MassDOT anticipates traffic impacts from the project will be minimal.

To ensure the public adapts to the shift, Boudreau said MassDOT will leave signs up indicating each exit’s old number for at least two years.
The department won’t be in a rush to take them down, either.
Ha, sounds like driving through downtown Nashville, where 65, 40, and 24 are all the same road for a stretch. You're looking for Exit 89 and all of a sudden the next exit is 227. :help:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
My company still won't tell us when open enrollment is going to open. They keep telling us mid November.

Sigh

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I apparently live under a rock because I just heard it for the first time today. I love Whitney Houston. Her voice was effortless yet powerful.

A damn shame what happened to her

Her and Mariah Carey were best friends. See her shout out Whitney on her IG every few weeks or so. Cool to see at least IMO. Feel Whitney has sort of been forgotten or became a joke.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The fact that your company is self insured with a workforce of 30 is mind-boggling to me.

$1250 actually is a pretty reasonable deductible. Most plans that aren't a traditional HMO (of which there are few and far between) have a deductible now, and yours isn't too bad for an open access.

Is the $1250 cumulative for your whole family, or per member? If it's the whole family that's actually fairly decent. If it's per member, way less decent.

it's family which is good. then it kicks into like 10% or something.

Reactions: Kate08
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad