OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVII - Fall is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hell yes.

me too, if I`m at a function or whatever and there is a bowl/bag of chips out, I may grab a few but if there is also cakes/pies or what have you, those chips won`t even get a glance from me. Mrs Odaat picked up a few bags of chips for a gathering we were having here and the remainder of the chips sat in the cupboard for a few weeks after until I chucked em` out.

Of course I`m biased as I do a ton of baking in my house, kind of something I am looking into as a career change in the upcoming years, we have a bit of a business idea and am going to do a bit more research into whether or not it`s something we can make some solid money at. Can`t disclose it here, @LouJersey may try to take the idea and run with it:sarcasm::laugh:

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I would walk across fire for dinner rolls.

have an allergy so cant have regular ice cream.
Sunchips are the evil devil addiction.
For me it's southern style biscuits...

As I've gotten older, ie senior age, I am a lot less tolerant of ice cream, which I totally LOVE. Now, if I eat it I stay away from people and apologize to the dog at night...

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Every time I open the freezer, my roommate has a lot of those talenti and haagen dazs ice creams in there, and he's a twig, skinny Chinese guy. I try to eat salads, drink nutritional shakes, go to the gym, and I just keep getting fatter. It's patently unfair.

Reactions: Spooner st and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm still addicted to ice cream and Oreos. I don't miss cake, pie, doughnuts or other junk food (very surprised at that!) but I'll be damned if I'll give either of them up.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I worked at too many ice cream places in my youth, so I'm over ice cream. Usually don't even bother getting any when we take the kids out for it.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I’m dog sitting and I think he finally passed out. This is the longest he’s been away from my mom and he’s a mess.

I just wish I could get him to eat :/

Thankfully she comes home from her Memphis and Nashville trip tomorrow

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Pet plan isn't great but my Nia has Cushing's and her meds are pretty expensive, she also has to get tested a couple times a year so they are worth it. There have been a lot of new pet insurers the last couple years, ask your vet and see what they think about plans, most will recommend one they like or work with
My Maine coon has heart disease. It has been expensive. He has to take pills twice a day. He is an excellent cat so I do what I can. His meds cost close to $100 per month.

I have never had pet insurance and I doubt I could get it for him now.

Reactions: BMC

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i cant have ice cream. i get so bloated if i do. the only ice cream that doesnt make me feel like that is a dq blizzard. they must have some type of weird ice cream.

i love salt and chocolate. thats why chocolate flipz are my haunt. i will destroy those anytime i see them.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Then that’s money well spent

One is a pill for heart issues in dogs. They have found it works well for cats too. He also takes Lasix.

The worst is the blood thinner. It is only 1/4 a pill but it is bitter and makes him foam at the mouth so I coat is in human ham baby food and he gets it down.

I am lucky he is so good about taking the pills. You can't just put them in food you have to put them in his mouth and get him to swallow them. He trusts me thankfully.

He is happy, eats well and plays with the other 2 cats...well sometimes he beats them up. He is pretty big and strong.

It is what it is. Frodo is a great pal so I am happy he is doing OK but know he won't live as long as I would have liked.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
One is a pill for heart issues in dogs. They have found it works well for cats too. He also takes Lasix.

The worst is the blood thinner. It is only 1/4 a pill but it is bitter and makes him foam at the mouth so I coat is in human ham baby food and he gets it down.

I am lucky he is so good about taking the pills. You can't just put them in food you have to put them in his mouth and get him to swallow them. He trusts me thankfully.

He is happy, eats well and plays with the other 2 cats...well sometimes he beats them up. He is pretty big and strong.

It is what it is. Frodo is a great pal so I am happy he is doing OK but know he won't live as long as I would have liked.

It’s hard when this happens, but we do all we do because we love them. That’s all there is to it, but the price for these medications is ridiculous

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It’s hard when this happens, but we do all we do because we love them. That’s all there is to it, but the price for these medications is ridiculous

Same for people. Too many crooks in the drug industry. The most expensive is the vetmedin for his heart. I have found a few places where it isn't as expensive but it is still nuts.

I found out at the end of Dec. that he had heart disease was afraid to leave him with a pet sitter. I finally was going out on a schooner in August so I had the pet sitter come over and she was OK with giving him the meds. She told me cats can be very difficult but he was good. I was pleased.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Same for people. Too many crooks in the drug industry. The most expensive is the vetmedin for his heart. I have found a few places where it isn't as expensive but it is still nuts.

I found out at the end of Dec. that he had heart disease was afraid to leave him with a pet sitter. I finally was going out on a schooner in August so I had the pet sitter come over and she was OK with giving him the meds. She told me cats can be very difficult but he was good. I was pleased.

That’s awesome

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
For me it's southern style biscuits...

As I've gotten older, ie senior age, I am a lot less tolerant of ice cream, which I totally LOVE. Now, if I eat it I stay away from people and apologize to the dog at night...

I found a couple dairy free frozen desserts here in AZ. They are actually pretty good. Its not one of my huge cravings, so I only have them once in a while (too busy eating rolls)

Yeah, me and milk.....I go down like a ton of bricks for days. No one wants to see that. :eek:
We were out with our besties yesterday and I accidentally ordered a Thai tea and forgot to say with almond milk. 5 sips later my stomach let me know and I gave the rest to Trevor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->