OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVII - Fall is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Tom Yawkey refused to let them use Fenway Park and Harvard said no as well so Suffolk was it. Surprisingly we were able to hear them but they were only onstage for about a half an hour.

The seventh date of The Beatles' final tour took place at the Suffolk Downs Racetrack in Boston, Massachusetts, where they gave one concert before 25,000 people.

The concert began at 8pm. The Beatles had previously played in Boston on 12 September 1964 at the Boston Garden. This time they were in the middle of a horse racing course.

The support acts during The Beatles' final tour were The Remains, Bobby Hebb, The Cyrkle and The Ronettes. The group's set consisted of 11 songs: Rock And Roll Music, She's A Woman, If I Needed Someone, Day Tripper, Baby's In Black, I Feel Fine, Yesterday, I Wanna Be Your Man, Nowhere Man, Paperback Writer and Long Tall Sally.

After the show The Beatles and their entourage stayed at a Boston hotel. They left the city at 11.30am the following morning and flew to Memphis, Tennessee.

Harvard in 1970 did allow concerts and also let the Patriots play there for one season.

Check out the acts that played at Harvard - each show was general admission at the cost of TWO DOLLARS

e1757567d0f517fc4ecb98fb67832a97.jpg
I know Clapton had stopped playing with Delaney and Bonnie at that point but that is still a ridiculous summer concert series. Less than two months later Led Zeppelin would play the Garden and Van Morrison played The Boston Tea Party for four shows in June.

I believe this is the same Beatles tour that Harold Ballard double booked the Beatles in Maple Leafs Gardens and didn't tell them , just sold the tickets and said if the didn't play they would be responsible for a riot

Reactions: BMC and Fenway

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I'm generally very wary of expiration dates for many perishables - meat and dairy being foremost. That stuff can literally kill you. However, I would have no problem tearing into a sealed bag of Doritos, even if it's a little past its expiration. The barrier to the elements is pretty good, and as long as you haven't had super extreme temperatures (ie a bag that's been at your unheated/un-air-conditioned/damp summer home for 5 years), you're probably okay. Grab a chip and break it. If it feels like it has its normal "crunch" for whatever type of chip it is, go for it. If it bends instead of breaks, toss it.

A tray of "homemade"-in-store brownies and cookies? No. No. No. Toss 'em.

Many "expiration dates" are "sell by", and not "use by" dates...there's a little wiggle room if it says "sell by" a certain date.
Just eat Twinkies, good forever.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I know Clapton had stopped playing with Delaney and Bonnie at that point but that is still a ridiculous summer concert series. Less than two months later Led Zeppelin would play the Garden and Van Morrison played The Boston Tea Party for four shows in June.

I believe this is the same Beatles tour that Harold Ballard double booked the Beatles in Maple Leafs Gardens and didn't tell them , just sold the tickets and said if the didn't play they would be responsible for a riot
660817-toronto-ticket_01-391x960.jpg

Reactions: BNHL and Fenian24

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Chris Brown at the Garden tonight. Two thoughts entered my mind as I made my way through the crowd to my train.

1. I'm not sure how so many women can openly support a known woman beater.

2. I probably need a penicillin shot.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Sounds like something that SOB would do.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Chris Brown at the Garden tonight. Two thoughts entered my mind as I made my way through the crowd to my train.

He doesn’t draw very well for what that’s worth. Also a terrible show.

Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

One of the darkest and most memorable jokes I remember from a late night show is when Conan went "Chris Brown has announced his plans for his next tour. He's going to hit Savannah, Charlotte, and Madison. Then he's going to go on tour."

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So i set my normal single catch spring traps. I also created one quickly on the fly. Filled a bucket with water, covered tightly with foil and taped around it, cut a large X in foil, spread peanut butter along the center, put a ramp up to the bucket. Splish splash.

Ideally i would just put a wire coat hanger or dowel of sorts across the top of the bucket, so the mouse would slip and fall in and the trap doesn’t need any resetting. I just didn’t have that kind of patience today.

I can’t even describe how bad this past dead one was though. I haven’t been home since Sunday afternoon, and let’s just say i think this one was caught late Sunday...

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Personal dilemma

Salesman comes in, he's talking to me, I'm not really listening and he brings in some treats for the office and a bag full of like 6 bags of doritos and potato chips and I heard him say these are from my Super Bowl party....

Now, I don't eat those kinds of things, but isn't that old? Secondly, should I give a warning to all who come by that they are from February. They are unopened thankfully.

Step one:

Address the “I don’t eat those kinds of things” part

Reactions: Seidenbergy

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So i set my normal single catch spring traps. I also created one quickly on the fly. Filled a bucket with water, covered tightly with foil and taped around it, cut a large X in foil, spread peanut butter along the center, put a ramp up to the bucket. Splish splash.

Ideally i would just put a wire coat hanger or dowel of sorts across the top of the bucket, so the mouse would slip and fall in and the trap doesn’t need any resetting. I just didn’t have that kind of patience today.

I can’t even describe how bad this past dead one was though. I haven’t been home since Sunday afternoon, and let’s just say i think this one was caught late Sunday...

I used a variation of that for an issue I had with chipmunks a few years ago. Found it on the internet and it was called the chipper dipper. Worked like a charm. :laugh:

Reactions: Spooner st and BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->