Cambridge, MA
@Kate08 Here is a 5K for you to try next Columbus Day weekend

upload_2019-10-13_15-23-24.png

upload_2019-10-13_15-25-42.png

upload_2019-10-13_15-27-33.png

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
A town in New Jersey named Garfield has a feral cat problem:

Everyone knows Garfield always had a problem with Mondays, but now Garfield has a problem with cats.

Garfield, New Jersey, that is.

Residents of the Bergen County town say they have been dealing with feral cats for four years, finding them all over different parts of their property. Cats in chairs, cats on pool covers, cats on the roof (if anyone in the town has a tin roof, presumably cats would be found on there, too).

Garfield (the town) Has a Major Cat Problem

Reactions: Strafer

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
amazing to think most families spend 500 bucks a month on cell phone and cable/internet these days. I've cut back a bit and my kids pay their own share, but man that's a pretty big expense.

We pay $130

$30 for two cell phones on Mint mobile (t mobile spinoff that makes you buy the entire year up front) I think it is 3gb each.

$50 for internet

$50 for YouTube TV

I guess it is more a month if you factor in the costs of the phones but we usually buy them gently used on Swappa.

Reactions: LouJersey

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
A town in New Jersey named Garfield has a feral cat problem:

Everyone knows Garfield always had a problem with Mondays, but now Garfield has a problem with cats.

Garfield, New Jersey, that is.

Residents of the Bergen County town say they have been dealing with feral cats for four years, finding them all over different parts of their property. Cats in chairs, cats on pool covers, cats on the roof (if anyone in the town has a tin roof, presumably cats would be found on there, too).

Garfield (the town) Has a Major Cat Problem

I work a couple of towns over, they are everywhere.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Funny earlier this year one of my dudes quit cuz they wouldnt let him work and come to school AKA fix his schedule so he can do both.

Came back a few weeks ago on "limited part time"(Should have originally done that with him)

Another crew says theyre gonna take him away(they didnt and dont need him) cuz they gave us someone from their crew. Talk to dude on his first night and he said he is transfering here cuz he needed a change. Am told thats wrong, he is transfered here and his downgraded from full time employee to part time because he got into shouting matches with managers.

So basically they were gonna give us a shitty worker for our good worker. Dude hasnt been to work in more than a week and when I said to our manager theyre giving us someone who cant come in for a dude who actually works and he told me dude quit.

Soooooooooooo what I take from this is our crew was sort of a punishment...................which makes me chuckle a bit since we get the most hours in the building and his tasks werent even that hard. All he had to do was pack away hazmat totes and work in the cigarette cage all night. EASY money............

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
October 10.
Twins come home for the weekend.
Daughter lasts 1 hour before declaring she’s freezing her ass off.
Bride looks at me with that scornful ‘you just gonna sit there dumbass’ look.
I check temperature. 58 degrees.
I turn on the heat.
Failed in my attempt to get to Nov 1.
Depressed.

Liar. Would you rather they not come home? :sarcasm:

Reactions: BMC

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Now that you mention, I have the same package.

I’m trialing YouTube TV now to see if it’ll work for my family. No NHL Network but I really don’t watch it unless there’s games on, but now that it’s hockey season it might be an issue. (Not huge but)

I’m just getting tired of Xfinity raising my subscription and having to constantly wrangle with them all the time and honestly, I really watch less and less of what we’re supposedly paying for.

I just went through all the channels and it depressing when you look at what’s there vs. what we actually watch vs. what you pay them each month
I pay a little extra for NHLN on Sling. Tuned in to see Bruins highlights this morning and pulled up Fenway’s post-game “free beer” thread. Got all my highlights from Fenway before they ever got to the B’s.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Funny earlier this year one of my dudes quit cuz they wouldnt let him work and come to school AKA fix his schedule so he can do both.

Came back a few weeks ago on "limited part time"(Should have originally done that with him)

Another crew says theyre gonna take him away(they didnt and dont need him) cuz they gave us someone from their crew. Talk to dude on his first night and he said he is transfering here cuz he needed a change. Am told thats wrong, he is transfered here and his downgraded from full time employee to part time because he got into shouting matches with managers.

So basically they were gonna give us a ****ty worker for our good worker. Dude hasnt been to work in more than a week and when I said to our manager theyre giving us someone who cant come in for a dude who actually works and he told me dude quit.

Soooooooooooo what I take from this is our crew was sort of a punishment...................which makes me chuckle a bit since we get the most hours in the building and his tasks werent even that hard. All he had to do was pack away hazmat totes and work in the cigarette cage all night. EASY money............
Every time you post about your job it is a great reminder that I thank my personal God that I don’t work with you.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I pay a little extra for NHLN on Sling. Tuned in to see Bruins highlights this morning and pulled up Fenway’s post-game “free beer” thread. Got all my highlights from Fenway before they ever got to the B’s.

Yeah I’ve found that if you’re looking for Bruins news or insights on the so-called hockey networks, you’ll be left wanting

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Yeah I’ve found that if you’re looking for Bruins news or insights on the so-called hockey networks, you’ll be left wanting
yeah. i just usually hit up youtube after games. they have all the condensed game highlites on there about an hour after they end.. pretty much put nhl on the fly out of business for me.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I found this interesting:

Petr Cech saves two penalties on ice hockey debut for Guildford Phoenix

Petr Cech, who as his name implies is Czech, is one of the all-time great football/soccer goalkeepers, having played for Chelsea and Arsenal and won the English Premier League, European Champions League and various other titles. Having retired from the sport and now aged 37, yesterday he made his debut as an ice hockey goalie for Guildford Phoenix in the English National Hockey League, stopping two penalty shots in a SO victory.

Cech grew up with the game as a kid in the Czech Republic, and is fulfilling his passion for hockey now that he has the time to do so. Interesting cross-over, even at a lower level. Good on him.

Last edited:

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I’m in Lowell and it’s pretty much the same here.

Been saying that for years Fen about ala carte. But until a huge number of old school cable customers like us finally say “that’s it!” they’ll keep doing this.

Funny thing is, all of us were brought up by parents who all said the same thing:

“No way we’re paying for TV”

Then they eventually all got cable and we grew up on it
Before we moved, out Xfinity bill was over $200. but we really only watched sports, news and law & order. No cable in AZ, but it's still $100 just for internet. We have YTTV, and it's got everything we need, except hockey, and we get NHLCI for that. I don't see us getting a cable TV package from the cable company anytime soon.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Before we moved, out Xfinity bill was over $200. but we really only watched sports, news and law & order. No cable in AZ, but it's still $100 just for internet. We have YTTV, and it's got everything we need, except hockey, and we get NHLCI for that. I don't see us getting a cable TV package from the cable company anytime soon.

I’m on the phone with them right now. They’re “reviewing” my account so I’m on hold.

We’re over $200 a month right now too

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Didn't get the job :/

They made the decision late on Friday.

I'm bummed but at the same time kind of relieved

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Didn't get the job :/

They made the decision late on Friday.

I'm bummed but at the same time kind of relieved

Don`t hang your head, whenever this has happened to me, always approached it like it simply wasn`t meant to be and the better or more suitable job is coming

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm home not feeling well. Local PD just came door to door searching for a missing 12-year-old autistic boy who lives in another building here. Sounds like the helicopter is out searching as well. Scary. Hope they find him.

Reactions: BMC

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Curious why you went with CI? I switched to NHLTV last year when I got rid of cable and never looked back. So much better - both feeds for all game, no SD games, flexibility to watch when games are over, etc.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Speaking of cutting cable, I've been doing a dance with Comcast for like 2 years at this point. I need fast internet (150 mbps) because I work from home; that runs me near 100/month all in for just the internet with no package. I had the double play and 2 boxes for a year for about 115/month than my agreement was up so it was going to cost me 150/month; I dropped the boxes and cable to get back to 100 and I "borrow" my mother Hulu, plus I have netflix, prime & HBO Now. Comcast hit me up with a double play again a year ago and I went back to the same thing and had cable back for about 115 with 2 boxes, then it was up again so I went back to just internet. They just sent me a new offer for the same double play for 100 again and I'm about to sign up for one box then use their app for my bedroom TV. They have thrown netflix into this offer so I get to save another 16 bucks a month and I've seen literally everything on HBO at this point so I'll drop that for another 15.

Why must I dance like this? Can't we both just agree this is annoying and lock in a 100/year double play year over year? Must I cancel my cable for a month every year to get the point across? I'm tired of driving the 10 minutes to their store returning & then picking up equipment.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Speaking of cutting cable, I've been doing a dance with Comcast for like 2 years at this point. I need fast internet (150 mbps) because I work from home; that runs me near 100/month all in for just the internet with no package. I had the double play and 2 boxes for a year for about 115/month than my agreement was up so it was going to cost me 150/month; I dropped the boxes and cable to get back to 100 and I "borrow" my mother Hulu, plus I have netflix, prime & HBO Now. Comcast hit me up with a double play again a year ago and I went back to the same thing and had cable back for about 115 with 2 boxes, then it was up again so I went back to just internet. They just sent me a new offer for the same double play for 100 again and I'm about to sign up for one box then use their app for my bedroom TV. They have thrown netflix into this offer so I get to save another 16 bucks a month and I've seen literally everything on HBO at this point so I'll drop that for another 15.

Why must I dance like this? Can't we both just agree this is annoying and lock in a 100/year double play year over year? Must I cancel my cable for a month every year to get the point across? I'm tired of driving the 10 minutes to their store returning & then picking up equipment.

I told them today (for whatever it’s worth) that their business plan is terrible for the customer. If you value my business (like you always tell me you do when I call) the show me.

Don’t patronize me with the same lame bullshit deals that are only to their advantage, and nowhere near a good deal for me.

Their final offer to me today was a slower internet speed with basic channels for $169.00 a month.

I told them thanks, but no thanks.

Give me the fast internet for 99 a month (and I’ll replace their modem) and I’ll figure out the rest.

I’m all done with the Comcast dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad