OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XIX -Holiday Shopping Done ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Leading up to graduation from University in 2014 with a degree in HR, I hit the career counselling offices at Saint Mary`s in Halifax, worked my a** off with a great team there to put together a "professional" resume. Then I was encouraged to go to numerous networking events, often having to pay quite the price to have access to those within the industry, hand out my resume, introduce myself blah blah blah. Over 2000 resume`s submitted either in person and/or online and zippo, left me completely hopeless, pretty much threw the towel in on trying to get a career in a

Moved to BC a little over a year ago and thought I`d give it one more shot to try and get out of the restaurant business which has been good to me but is a young man/woman`s game and I`m tired of working on NY Eve, Christmas Eve, getting home and eating at ridiculous hours. So, went to WorkLink BC, worked with a great woman here who looked at my resume and was absolutely appalled at how it was composed. We worked hard and did a complete revamp and I started submitting it a week ago, have my first EVER in person interview for a HR position on Monday

I`m going in with no expectations, sure I`d love to secure the job but I`ve never had a "real" job interview as in the restaurant biz it`s pretty generic conversations but just encouraged to get a sniff as soon as I did after putting together the resume.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I drove to Patriots Place at 6:45 this am because I needed to exchange something and had a less than stellar experience.

The size I needed wasn't in stock so after it became clear that the sales person was in no mood to help me get the right size, I took the refund instead of dealing with Sally Sour Pants.

The store wasn't busy and I get it was early but that's no excuse to take your irritation out on a customer.
What did you do, unfold a freshly folded shirt and toss it back on the pile?

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
The Irishman on Netflix.
Wow!

Man did I enjoy that movie. If this played in the regular movies it would have made a fortune IMO.

I watched it in the cinema here as it had a limited run before being released on Netflix. It's easy to forget because he has made a lot of **** over the last 10 years but De Niro really is one of the finest actors of our time and as for Joe Pesci, just a privilege to watch him once more and probably for the last time too.
Great film.

Finally got around to watching Once Upon A Time In Hollywood as well and what another fantastic movie. Pitt and Di Caprio are great in it.

It feels like it's been a good movie year.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I burned my pointer finger making food tonight and it hurts like hell. Aside from a cold washcloth, anyone have any tips on getting a burn to go away?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Is NOTHING sacred anymore?

I'm not really much of a crier, but the one thing that will get me to bawl uncontrollably is the ending of E.T. - even this "remixed" version where Elliot Jr. gets an interstellar videophone gets me because it reminds me of the original.

And it's funny, because when you look at the movie, in a sense, the ending's not SUPPOSED to be sad. E.T. doesn't belong here. He wants - and needs - to go home. The whole entire movie is building up to the tearful goodbye. But my brain just instantly goes back to my 5 year-old self seeing the movie for the first time, and knowing that Elliot will never see E.T. again.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I just finished watching 'The Irishman'

The attention to detail is as good as I have ever seen in a movie and there was no lag in a movie that runs 3 1/2 hours.

15 years ago one of the key moments in the movie was a trivia question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad