OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XIX -Holiday Shopping Done ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Having a real tough time the last few days.

Feeling very withdrawn.

Went to confession and mass this morning.

I have no interest in being around family these next few days.

Honoring your sorrow and honesty. A lot of people try to cover up uncomfortable emotions. The feeling and messages of forced gratitude can wreak havoc and not everyone loves family time. Nothing's wrong with you ;)
I'll echo the sentiment that my DMs are open.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
It's always a more difficult time for us this time of the year. Bad weather and a more heavy work loaded months. For the past several years we decided it was the best time for us to take a break before the holiday season. In general around the second week of December we spend a week in Mexico. Beach, pool, drinks, good food and relaxing is the best way for us to recharge the battery. Past years we did Cabo San Lucas in Los Cabos, now it's Playa del Carmen in Riviera Maya. One more week to go.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Not to delve into the political side of this at all, but has anyone else seen signs for Mark Stewart?

I’ve seen them all over southern NH and they feature the Statue of Liberty on one side and Pucky the Whale and the WH Hartford Whalers logo on the other.

I looked him up and apparently he’s a Connecticut politician. Just wondering if anyone knows why he’s playing the Whalers card several states over.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It's always a more difficult time for us this time of the year. Bad weather and a more heavy work loaded months. For the past several years we decided it was the best time for us to take a break before the holiday season. In general around the second week of December we spend a week in Mexico. Beach, pool, drinks, good food and relaxing is the best way for us to recharge the battery. Past years we did Cabo San Lucas in Los Cabos, now it's Playa del Carmen in Riviera Maya. One more week to go.

Been to the Mayan Rivera and it's incredible. You'll have a great time! You hitting any of the ruins?

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Been to the Mayan Rivera and it's incredible. You'll have a great time! You hitting any of the ruins?
Yes, that and the reefs snorkeling. We both dive but not this time. The wife's actually an ex dive instructor, I'm more a spearfishing enthusiast.

Reactions: LSCII

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My grandmother passed away this morning. Mom suspects it was the flu but can't 100% prove it.

I'm sad mostly for my mom and aunt as my relationship with her was strained at best. I'm just happy she's no longer in pain and with my grandfather and my dad.
I just saw this. Sorry Ali :(

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
watched all 3 of my miracles enter this world at BW, with the 3rd legitimately having his life saved by the OB. They were nothing short of wonderful, and since i worked for Partners at the time and carried their insurance, all of our costs for the 3 children combined, with a NICU stay and extended stays due to surgery were LESS than the overnight parking fee.

on the other hand, we worked with their fertility/endocrinology staff for a bit and i found them to be lacking in the...human department? Zero empathy or passion, in a specialty where i think it’s almost equally important as the job knowledge itself.

then the way my tenure ended, and that whole dog n pony show that i won’t put in public forum.
As I was on sick leave, then had my position removed, I can only imagine. Feel free to share with me by DM, if you want. Meeting you was definitely one of the best things I got out of my time at Partners.

Reactions: BMC and Kovi

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends here. And to Lonnie too. :naughty:

Seriously though, I am grateful and thankful for this board, for bringing me my wonderful wife, and for the friendships I have developed here, both with those who I have met, and those who I have yet to meet. This is a wonderful community, and I am thankful for each and every one of you. And Patrice. I'm thankful for Patrice too, let's not lie.

May you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, no matter what you do or where you are.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
As I was on sick leave, then had my position removed, I can only imagine. Feel free to share with me by DM, if you want. Meeting you was definitely one of the best things I got out of my time at Partners.

likewise my brother! I’ll write something up and drop it in your dm hahaha

Reactions: Kovi

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
so it took me 20 minutes. but i finally was able to disable the notifications from alexa.
my 6 year old would check the alexa for delivery notifications and what was being delivered from amazon. xmas wouldve been ruined. lol.
she is already smarter than me.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Another Friendly's Restaurant in Massachusetts has served its last Fribble.

The Main Street location in Stoneham closed its doors Sunday. Now, the only Friendly's still open inside the Route 128 belt is located at Terminal A in Logan Airport.

Reactions: Runner77

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
My grandmother passed away this morning. Mom suspects it was the flu but can't 100% prove it.

I'm sad mostly for my mom and aunt as my relationship with her was strained at best. I'm just happy she's no longer in pain and with my grandfather and my dad.
Sorry for your loss. My dad went in to the hospital Wednesday. Still there. He’s up there in age and issues. Hope you have some one to spend the day with.

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Sorry for your loss. My dad went in to the hospital Wednesday. Still there. He’s up there in age and issues. Hope you have some one to spend the day with.
Thank you. I spent the day with my mom, aunt and uncle. It was nice and quiet.

I am sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he makes a full recovery and I hope you were able to enjoy at least part of the day today.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
so it took me 20 minutes. but i finally was able to disable the notifications from alexa.
my 6 year old would check the alexa for delivery notifications and what was being delivered from amazon. xmas wouldve been ruined. lol.
she is already smarter than me.

Alexa defaults to not saying what is in the delivery around November 1st. At least mine did.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Noticed randomly my car radio was updating me on nfl scores, which it hasn’t done in several year and since i had an XM sub. So i checked and sure enough my XM band is up and running.

is there a free trial that i don’t know about. Anyone else able to check if they magically have XM?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Used a mixture of melted butter, olive oil, a little salt and MCCormick’s Montreal Chicken seasoning to coat the skin of the turkey today and it came out amazing.

Best skin flavor ever for me.

i use mccormicks Montreal chicken every time i make any sort of chicken dish. Very heavy handed with it too. That stuff is so freaking good. Add a little celery salt and some garlic salt and we are off and running.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
i use mccormicks Montreal chicken every time i make any sort of chicken dish. Very heavy handed with it too. That stuff is so freaking good. Add a little celery salt and some garlic salt and we are off and running.

Yes,

I use it my soup as well.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I drove to Patriots Place at 6:45 this am because I needed to exchange something and had a less than stellar experience.

The size I needed wasn't in stock so after it became clear that the sales person was in no mood to help me get the right size, I took the refund instead of dealing with Sally Sour Pants.

The store wasn't busy and I get it was early but that's no excuse to take your irritation out on a customer.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->