OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XIX -Holiday Shopping Done ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
My grandmother passed away this morning. Mom suspects it was the flu but can't 100% prove it.

I'm sad mostly for my mom and aunt as my relationship with her was strained at best. I'm just happy she's no longer in pain and with my grandfather and my dad.

so very sorry for your loss Ali

Reactions: Alicat

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
My grandmother passed away this morning. Mom suspects it was the flu but can't 100% prove it.

I'm sad mostly for my mom and aunt as my relationship with her was strained at best. I'm just happy she's no longer in pain and with my grandfather and my dad.

I’m so sorry Ali.

Reactions: Alicat

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

Terribly sorry for your loss, Ali.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I've met my breakfast match in Ottawa :eek:

Blue Plate Breakfast
The ultimate diner breakfast! Three eggs, bacon, ham, and sausage, baked beans, three pieces of toast, poutine, and your choice of beverage.
$16.99

78076062_10219298880595492_1000559884833390592_n.jpg

It's your world boss, we're all just living in it. And more importantly, not nearly as well as you...:laugh:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Having a real tough time the last few days.

Feeling very withdrawn.

Went to confession and mass this morning.

I have no interest in being around family these next few days.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

My condolences Ali

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017

I'm very sorry to hear this. I hope your strained relationship is mended with her now at rest. Hopefully there were some good times for you to reflect on and remember fondly. Best wishes to you, your mom and your aunt. God bless.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

Feeling very withdrawn.

I don't know if you ever actually met anyone from here in person, but I know that if you ever wanted to talk/vent/whatever, pretty much all of us have our DMs open. I can tell you from experience that having someone to talk to is really helpful. Doesn't need to be a professional, though based on what you've said, I would say a therapist is a good idea. But reach out if you need to.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Sorry to hear the sad news, Ali. hugs to you & your mom at Thanksgiving.

Reactions: Kovi

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

So sorry for your loss.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Feeling very withdrawn.

Always happy to lend an ear if you need to talk.

The holidays can be such a difficult time. I’ve had my share of rough ones through the years.

This year, a couple of things are standing out for me.

First, it’s my daughters first year in college. Her coming home for the next 4 days really makes me happy and helps remind me how fortunate we are to be together.

The second thing that is really hitting me this year is that the program that I manage has had an influx of very young clients. In the past we’ve had the occasional 7 or 8 year old, but recently we’ve had five —five and six year olds come our way.

One little one was literally 4 years old 9 weeks ago.

Don’t get me wrong, our program is great - filled with caring, competent people, but the fact that group care is the best option available to theses relative babies is disheartening.

So, on the one hand, I’m ecstatic to be with my family, but on the other I’m struggling with the fact that so many “adults” are failing kids left and right, with no end in sight and the kids in need are getting younger and younger.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Came home. Found out my youngest brother was “living” in my house downstairs (i own a two family with pops) again. Pulled in, hadn’t even finished bringing the trash barrels in before he got in my face and tried to start an argument. I’m still wearing my work clothes and holding my work bag and everything. At least let me sit down and get a drink. I just ended up walking away without saying much. Not worth arguing sometimes.

on the plus side, i decided to take the Cuda for a spin tonight to a friends house. Found out the hard way that the wipers don’t work very well, and only the floor heat opens up, which is really just a mix of unfiltered outside air and engine warmth. No defrost. On the way home just now i also discovered that the throttle linkage sticks. Must be a combo of the cold and the rain. Plus it needs to be goosed to start, so i think the throttle was open from the jump. Of course i didn’t realize it until i hit the top end of first gear. My apologies to the town of Halifax for the noise. Had to mash the gas a few times to get her to settle down. Made for a scary half mile or so

happy turk y’all

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
We're having our baby at B&W, same place I was born at in the 80s. We just did our tour of the ward, etc and it's a phenomenal facility.

Good move from Partners

watched all 3 of my miracles enter this world at BW, with the 3rd legitimately having his life saved by the OB. They were nothing short of wonderful, and since i worked for Partners at the time and carried their insurance, all of our costs for the 3 children combined, with a NICU stay and extended stays due to surgery were LESS than the overnight parking fee.

on the other hand, we worked with their fertility/endocrinology staff for a bit and i found them to be lacking in the...human department? Zero empathy or passion, in a specialty where i think it’s almost equally important as the job knowledge itself.

then the way my tenure ended, and that whole dog n pony show that i won’t put in public forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->