OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XIX -Holiday Shopping Done ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
does anyone know where to buy those 88 DP hats that Pastrnak and Krejci have worn sometimes in the media scrums?

they're kinda cool

1704050871_6027223014001_6027225839001-vs.jpg

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
So, you knew it wouldn't pass because of something you knew needed to be fixed, and are upset that it failed? AND upset that he charged you for a service which you asked for and he provided? If you knew the taillight needed to be fixed, why did you take it in for an inspection with it still noticeably broken?
Partially correct, I've been traveling around the country for work the past year and a half and haven't had the time to have it fixed, but the fact the guy walked around my car and didn't blatantly tell me the car wouldn't pass inspection before he took it in his garage pissed me off.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
We were the only ones driving around AZ with an inspection sticker on our car. It was easy to find in parking lots :)

No inspections in AZ.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Ok so this is mostly on me but today I went to take my 2017 Toyota (in NH) to get an inspection sticker and went to a 'towny' looking shop because yes it has a broken tail light, knowing most chain garages would fail it because of that.

Anyway, I go inside and the owner does a walk around of my car and says ok (didn't mention anything about my broken tail light) can I have the keys? I give him my keys and he drives my car into his garage... 10 minutes go by and he comes out telling me it failed because of the broken tail light, AND still charged me $40. You'd think a genuine human being after doing a full walk around of my car would tell me right off the bat that it wouldn't pass, instead of playing dumb and going thru the whole inspection procedure

On the contrary, i would think being late in the month that the tech was doing you a solid by at least putting a red R on the windshield. Now you have time to fix it and won’t be riding dirty next week. You don’t pay to get it inspected the second time around anyway.

Now next time you go back they’ll just check the lights and send you on your way.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Caregroup did the same by rebranding as Beth Israel-Lahey :dunno:

They other hospitals in that system are second tier, at best.

The other hospitals in the Partners system are excellent facilities.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
My grandmother passed away this morning. Mom suspects it was the flu but can't 100% prove it.

I'm sad mostly for my mom and aunt as my relationship with her was strained at best. I'm just happy she's no longer in pain and with my grandfather and my dad.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
My grandmother passed away this morning. Mom suspects it was the flu but can't 100% prove it.

I'm sad mostly for my mom and aunt as my relationship with her was strained at best. I'm just happy she's no longer in pain and with my grandfather and my dad.

Sorry to hear this news Ali. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family...

Reactions: Alicat

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I've met my breakfast match in Ottawa :eek:

Blue Plate Breakfast
The ultimate diner breakfast! Three eggs, bacon, ham, and sausage, baked beans, three pieces of toast, poutine, and your choice of beverage.
$16.99

78076062_10219298880595492_1000559884833390592_n.jpg

Elgin Street Diner classic if not mistaken, spent many of years there one night:laugh:

This was my go to spot after a night of skullduggery

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I think it is a good move by Partners.

I've had great experiences as a patient and also as an employee and the child of two longtime employees. I will not go anywhere else.

I can't believe the merger is 25 years old. I remember it vividly.

I like that they plan to keep the individual hospital names. When I was at Faulkner, they were in the early stages of re-branding as Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital and it was quite a challenge. They had financial issues that only compounded the changeover.

I am curious to see what will happen to the retirement plan names and if they will make any other changes to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->