OT: Off Topic 2019 part VII - Boston now ranked WORST in rush hour traffic in US - #8 in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Maybe one of the women can answer this for me.

Seems everytime a female friend of mine gets in a relationship we cease to be friends. Last time she dated some dude for 2-3 years and we didnt talk or hang out. One day she randomly added me back on all social media, we hung out and talked again. Again now she is dating someone and once again is MIA. Tried to send her a message on snap chat and it said they would see it when they re-added me.

Is there a reason for this? We have always just been friends.

Just seems weird to me.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Didn't realize Bob Einstein, actor who played Super Dave Osborne and most recently Marty Funkhouser in Curb Your Enthusiasm, died earlier in January.

RIP

Last edited:

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

Seems everytime a female friend of mine gets in a relationship we cease to be friends. Last time she dated some dude for 2-3 years and we didnt talk or hang out. One day she randomly added me back on all social media, we hung out and talked again. Again now she is dating someone and once again is MIA. Tried to send her a message on snap chat and it said they would see it when they re-added me.

Just seems weird to me.
Doesn’t seem like much of a friend. Your a stop gap.

Last edited:
Reactions: VegasPatriot

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Soooo, my wife got me into a bathroom remodeling project. In all honesty, needed to be done. We meet with the project manager at Lowe's before xMas, agree on the design, materials and timing - end of February. I also specifically let them know that I will be out of country the third week of February. A guy calls me at the end of January, introduces himself as the main point of contact for the project, tells to call him with any questions. A week before my holiday I call him to confirm the timing, he never calls back, but a scheduler sends me an e-mail with scheduled delivery and pre-project conference scheduled for the third week of February. I remind them, that I'm out that week and give specific dates. Right before I leave they give me the new dates - delivery for today and the conference for Monday. I OK it. On Thursday they send me an email stating that the materials will be delivered on Saturday. I reply that I'm still traveling and we agreed on Sunday. They apologize and confirm. Nothing delivered today. Call them - it is scheduled for tomorrow... So we can't have the conference... It is a ****ing calendar, not rocket science!!!!

Absolutely frustrating. I got grumbled at this morning for now having a date correct in soe marketing material....yet I wasnt the one who provided the calendar info.

Figure it out! I have a hard time tolerating chaos around calendars.

Reactions: nazartp

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Wind is insane today on the Cape. I go to the canal to eat my lunch, and my car felt like it was going to get blown into the water.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Cars were nearly blowing across entire lanes on 195 this morning. Myself included. Guess i shouldn’t drive with my knees so much

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007

Just seems weird to me.
I'ma take a crack at this....

Ok--I started a big post about SOME female folk needing validation from outside, yadda yadda..

but. 1) I think people in general are bad about keeping relationships up (we get self contained by life)
2) she may think you arent interested in hearing about her life (a self esteem thing)

I'm going with the first.
I'd make myself clear and just say....I really enjoy when you and I connect, I consider you a great friend.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I'ma take a crack at this....

Ok--I started a big post about SOME female folk needing validation from outside, yadda yadda..

but. 1) I think people in general are bad about keeping relationships up (we get self contained by life)
2) she may think you arent interested in hearing about her life (a self esteem thing)

I'm going with the first.
I'd make myself clear and just say....I really enjoy when you and I connect, I consider you a great friend.

I think the first time could have been jealousy of the BF. Think she may have even mentioned it.

She should know I consider her a great friend, have always been there to cheer her up and build her up if needed. Always tell her how great its been watching her go from a single mom struggling to being a single mom who now has a great job and takes care of her kid.

I'm just confused cuz we were always cool. Only like twice did one of us hint we had feelings that was for more than friendship(she did)

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I think the first time could have been jealousy of the BF. Think she may have even mentioned it.

She should know I consider her a great friend, have always been there to cheer her up and build her up if needed. Always tell her how great its been watching her go from a single mom struggling to being a single mom who now has a great job and takes care of her kid.

I'm just confused cuz we were always cool. Only like twice did one of us hint we had feelings that was for more than friendship(she did)

I think you may have answered your own question right at the end there. Maybe.

Reactions: VegasPatriot

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Me: Oh I'll save $$ by having some complementary silk flower arrangements in the wedding.
bahahahahahaah. :eek:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
PG's pizza was never good in the first place.

I get what you’re saying but for a chain it wasn’t bad. I liked it better than any of the other big names. Unless you either make your own (which my wife does very well) or have a good/great local joint most pizza is pretty mediocre

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
PG's pizza was never good in the first place.

The one ongoing argument I have with my mom is that she claims that I loved Papa Gino's pizza when I was little.

I was 7. Of course, I loved pizza. But even then, I knew Papa Gino's was crap, but...it was pizza, and I had no control over where we went. Find me a seven year-old who refuses pizza, and I'll recommend a full physical and psychiatric workup.

(Although, I admit, I liked those little tableside jukebox things they had at the tables back in the mid 80s, where you could spin for different pages of songs.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->