OT: Off Topic 2019 part VII - Boston now ranked WORST in rush hour traffic in US - #8 in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
We’re dog sitting this weekend for a friend of our daughters with an extremely larger male version of our black lab. We had him here for a weekend last summer too and he’s an awesome dog
We had a collie when I was a kid, so I was always used to larger dogs. As an adult I didn't have a dog until I got Daisy almost five years ago. She's the perfect size... about 35 pounds... bigger than an ankle biter :laugh: but small enough that I can pick her up if I need to. I still love bigger dogs but they also cost more for just about everything from food to medicine. Not to mention the "cleanup" o_O:help::laugh:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
We had a collie when I was a kid, so I was always used to larger dogs. As an adult I didn't have a dog until I got Daisy almost five years ago. She's the perfect size... about 35 pounds... bigger than an ankle biter :laugh: but small enough that I can pick her up if I need to. I still love bigger dogs but they also cost more for just about everything from food to medicine. Not to mention the "cleanup" o_O:help::laugh:

I said this a long time ago:

I’ll never own an animal that can shit bigger than my shoe size :D

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Flooding in the Nashville area is no joke the last couple days. It's the wettest February on record here. :help:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Flooding in the Nashville area is no joke the last couple days. It's the wettest February on record here. :help:

Danielle worked at WCVB and took the job in Nashville when her husband accepted a management radio job there - She would not miss a family reunion unless weather in Nashville was really bad

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Danielle worked at WCVB and took the job in Nashville when her husband accepted a management radio job there - She would not miss a family reunion unless weather in Nashville was really bad

Aww :(

Side note, I get a kick out of her last name, as a meteorologist :laugh:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Aww :(

Side note, I get a kick out of her last name, as a meteorologist :laugh:

Believe it or not, that is her husband's real last name

Danielle Vollmar Leaving WCVB for Nashville's WKRN | Boston

danielle-vollmar1.png

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I love Danielle and miss her in Boston
One of our best local weather guys, Paul Heggen, moved to North Carolina last year. Channel 4 WSMV, where he used to work, used to be my favorite but they have gone crazy. They are being sued for age discrimination by a former long-time anchor who was loved in this town. They even fired their weather mascot. o_O

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
One of our best local weather guys, Paul Heggen, moved to North Carolina last year. Channel 4 WSMV, where he used to work, used to be my favorite but they have gone crazy. They are being sued for age discrimination by a former long-time anchor who was loved in this town. They even fired their weather mascot. o_O

Old friend worked at WTVF for years - She went there to work on Hee Haw but in the last couple of years they have been hellbent to get rid of anybody over 50. The old Hee Haw studio is now used by Pickler & Ben and she says Kellie Pickler is actually very, very smart and playing dumb is an act. My friend now works on Preds hockey which is one of the best NHL RSN's.

A blonde and a 3rd grade geography question

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Soooo, my wife got me into a bathroom remodeling project. In all honesty, needed to be done. We meet with the project manager at Lowe's before xMas, agree on the design, materials and timing - end of February. I also specifically let them know that I will be out of country the third week of February. A guy calls me at the end of January, introduces himself as the main point of contact for the project, tells to call him with any questions. A week before my holiday I call him to confirm the timing, he never calls back, but a scheduler sends me an e-mail with scheduled delivery and pre-project conference scheduled for the third week of February. I remind them, that I'm out that week and give specific dates. Right before I leave they give me the new dates - delivery for today and the conference for Monday. I OK it. On Thursday they send me an email stating that the materials will be delivered on Saturday. I reply that I'm still traveling and we agreed on Sunday. They apologize and confirm. Nothing delivered today. Call them - it is scheduled for tomorrow... So we can't have the conference... It is a f***ing calendar, not rocket science!!!!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I ordered from Instacart today and my driver and groceries came smelling like weed.

I don’t have a problem with people who smoke but I draw the line if you’re doing it while driving and especially when you are delivering my food.

I did call instacart and report the driver and immediately felt bad but I couldn’t let it slide.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

Reactions: BMC and nazartp

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I ordered from Instacart today and my driver and groceries came smelling like weed.

I don’t have a problem with people who smoke but I draw the line if you’re doing it while driving and especially when you are delivering my food.

I did call instacart and report the driver and immediately felt bad but I couldn’t let it slide.

You did the right thing. I'm sure his employer doesn't allow their employees to do weed on company time.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

It’s stupid. You’re at work, save your buzz for your own time (unless he was delivering weed) :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicat and BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->