OT: Off Topic 2019 part VI - Winter is no longer coming - IT HAS ARRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I was very disappointed in Outback- the service was very slow and the steak I ordered was just meh. Have not been back since.

We had the same experience way back years ago. Sounds like nothing's changed...

Reactions: BMC

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I was very disappointed in Outback- the service was very slow and the steak I ordered was just meh. Have not been back since.

I used to work at an Outback when I first got out of college (the one in Burlington MA, since closed). I had my first real full time job during the day, and then worked at night at the restaurant. Best thing about working is that you could buy a meal for half price bc you worked. So the sirloin was normally 10 bucks, but you'd get it for $5. Not a bad way to go as a kid trying to save up money. Since I ate there hundreds of times for short dough, I never understood why people would wait for over 2 hours and pay what they did for it.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH and BMC

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I used to work at an Outback when I first got out of college (the one in Burlington MA, since closed). I had my first real full time job during the day, and then worked at night at the restaurant. Best thing about working is that you could buy a meal for half price bc you worked. So the sirloin was normally 10 bucks, but you'd get it for $5. Not a bad way to go as a kid trying to save up money. Since I ate there hundreds of times for short dough, I never understood why people would wait for over 2 hours and pay what they did for it.

I hate the outback. What the hell type of seasoning do they put on everything?? Stuff made me vomit.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
anyone remember Bugaboo Creek? one in the Portsmouth area

just like a regular steakhouse but they had talking moose and other animals on the wall

loved that as a kid. not sure I remember the food but the experience was fun

I remember that place. Ground round was my fav in my early twenties. When I worked at the post office 3-11pm shift we would always hit the Ground Round for Long Island Ice teas during our 9pm lunch.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

just like a regular steakhouse but they had talking moose and other animals on the wall

Yep. They did well for a while then fizzled out. I actually liked their garlic chicken pasta there more than the steaks.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I remember that place. Ground round was my fav in my early twenties. When I worked at the post office 3-11pm shift we would always hit the Ground Round for Long Island Ice teas during our 9pm lunch.

If you were at the one by WBZ, you'd have likely bumped into former sports anchor Bob Lobel often. That was his regular spot between the 6 and 11 pm broadcasts. I'm sure @Fenway could tell a ton of stories about that though...

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
If you were at the one by WBZ, you'd have likely bumped into former sports anchor Bob Lobel often. That was his regular spot between the 6 and 11 pm broadcasts. I'm sure @Fenway could tell a ton of stories about that though...

nope. The one I always went to was in Shrewsbury. I remember getting Rick Middletons autograph there when I was a kid.

Reactions: LSCII

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

and when the Ground Round lost its liquor because of another Channel 4 anchor, Lobie moved to the Bus Stop in Allston.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
and when the Ground Round lost its liquor because of another Channel 4 anchor, Lobie moved to the Bus Stop in Allston.

I spent many an evening at the Bus Stop since it was only a couple of blocks from where I used to work. A good old fashioned cheap dive.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

Loved Bugaboo Creek for a few years when the kiddos were younger. Kids loved the animated squirrels, talking moose, etc. Food was decent. Drinks were fairly strong for a chain. There was a regular waitress that would always throw a topper of rum or whatever we wanted in the moose juice. Good times.

So many of the chains I used to frequent 10+ years ago are either gone or just plain suck now (Bugaboo, Outback, TGI Fridays, Chilis - this one really hurts.....the current waitstaff have no idea what a freaking Awesome Blossom even is......shame).

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Loved Bugaboo Creek for a few years when the kiddos were younger. Kids loved the animated squirrels, talking moose, etc. Food was decent. Drinks were fairly strong for a chain. There was a regular waitress that would always throw a topper of rum or whatever we wanted in the moose juice. Good times.

So many of the chains I used to frequent 10+ years ago are either gone or just plain suck now (Bugaboo, Outback, TGI Fridays, Chilis - this one really hurts.....the current waitstaff have no idea what a freaking Awesome Blossom even is......shame).

Same thing here. Good meal and my kids got a kick out of the place.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Bugaboo creek was great. Very good bread too, start that dinner right!

Chili’s is alright if you can find one now. They’re all closing.

Friday’s did the menu over a couple years ago and it’s horrendous now.

Personally, I’m a 99 guy. I’ve never had a bad meal there and the menu is pretty diverse. Cheap, and everything is very good.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What about the bloomin’ onion?

Reactions: LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad