OT: Off Topic 2019 part VI - Winter is no longer coming - IT HAS ARRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
This is awesome. One thing I'm actually missing this year after our move is reffing (and even just going to) high school games. Congrats to your daughter. I'm sure she and the whole team were thrilled. Girls high school hockey is improving quickly in Mass.

Thanks! Yes, very thrilled. Big weight off her shoulders getting that first W. Scary when you're livelihood depends on Ws and you can't put the skates on yourself LOL

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have been on the phone with CBS since 4 AM and they have decided they will use Chicago and LA-based crew for the AFC Championship in Kansas City instead of New York and Boston based crews.

I am very happy and now will use the Bruins break for a very cheap few days in Ireland before going to San Jose for the ASG. :wave:

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
I have been on the phone with CBS since 4 AM and they have decided they will use Chicago and LA-based crew for the AFC Championship in Kansas City instead of New York and Boston based crews.

I am very happy and now will use the Bruins break for a very cheap few days in Ireland before going to San Jose for the ASG. :wave:

Enjoy Fenway, don't forget the rain coat :laugh:

Reactions: Fenway

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
There is a pub and inn located in County Mayo that uses my family name. Game plan is to rent a car at Shannon and explore my roots. :)

That's brilliant, I hope you have a blast. The coastline all along the west coast is beautiful. There is a great little town called Westport in Co.Mayo, very picturesque little town with great pubs and food. If you find yourself in Westport and feeling energetic you could also climb Croagh Patrick (not literally climb, more walk), the views from even half way up are spectacular and would take up less than half a day.

I hope you have a great time and find out some interesting stuff.

Reactions: BMC and Fenway

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Had to fly out to Fremont CA on short notice for work on Tuesday and when I was booking (trying to) my flight home I had to choose between a 5 hour layover today in PHX or a 39 minute layover in Detroit... I chose the 39 minute layover in Detroit but I really don't see myself making that flight.

I just hope I can make it to the shire before the storm.

Reactions: Fenway

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
It's all my fault... just the other day I said to myself.. hmm, maybe we won't get snow this winter.

Well at least some of us have Monday off, so that's good for the ones that do. For those that don't, look at the bright side, there'll be fewer "obstacles" (being very kind here - other words come to mind :DD) on the road Monday!

Reactions: BMC and TP

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
With the expected snow, Pats game, and it being a vacation day for my girls, I took Monday off.

Good move Lonnie. I was just saying that to the president of my company yesterday how it's nice that the game is on late and we don't have to be here on Monday!

Reactions: LSCII

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It's all my fault... just the other day I said to myself.. hmm, maybe we won't get snow this winter.

According to one of our local news channels here in TN, we are supposed to get a "wicked winter storm" this weekend.

The forecast? Heavy rain tomorrow, cold front moves in overnight, maybe leaving us with "a coating to 1 inch of snow."

I expect the shelves at Walmart are already cleared out. :laugh:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
According to one of our local news channels here in TN, we are supposed to get a "wicked winter storm" this weekend.

The forecast? Heavy rain tomorrow, cold front moves in overnight, maybe leaving us with "a coating to 1 inch of snow."

I expect the shelves at Walmart are already cleared out. :laugh:

Reactions: BMC

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I wonder if the weather's going to cause them to cancel the Bruins game tomorrow. So far, it looks like snow starting in the Boston area at around 11 PM, 1"-2" per hour for 6 hours. Rescheduling would be close to impossible: the Bruins bye week is from 1/20-1/24, followed by the league shutdown on 1/25-1/27 for the ASG. On 1/28, the Garden is booked by the Celtics. Rest of January is filled if you want to avoid 3-in-a-row.

Assuming we want to avoid 3-in-a-row, 4-in-5, ridiculous coast-to-coast-to-coast travel, and domino effect scheduling:

February availability for the Bruins is 2/1, 2/24, and 2/25. And 2/22 I guess, if you want a Vegas-Boston-STL flight pattern. The Garden is booked all of those nights (Eric Church and Disney x2) except for 2/25, and 2/25 causes a 3-in-a-row for the Rangers.

March isn't better. Bruins have 3/3, 3/4, 3/17, 3/18, and 3/28 available. Rangers can't do any of those dates without a 3-in-a-row or 4-in-5.

April won't work on any day for the Bruins until 4/7, which would be the day after the regular season is scheduled to end. (We did this exact thing last year.) But even that's no good for the Rangers - the earliest possible game would be Monday 4/8, with playoffs for both teams probably pushed to Friday when they'd normally start on Wednesday/Thursday.

Of course, they can break rules: maybe there's an easy way to shift one game to make an opening. The Celtics were flexible last year in moving their game so we could play our season closer. And 3-in-a-row isn't unprecedented - I think Carolina and/or Detroit had to do it when there was an ice problem at an arena. But both teams got the 3-in-a-row, so it was fair.

But it'll definitely make them more hesitant to cancel the game. It's a big NYC-BOS moneymaker on a weekend - outright cancellation will make many people - fans and owners - mad. That said, if the weather's bad, I do hope they cancel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->