Not open for further replies.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Beer sucks.

Don't judge me.
:laugh:
Im in my mid twenties and I have to say I have quite a few friends who either don't drink beer anymore or never do.

I love beer. Especially the IPAs, lagers, Brown Ales, blah blah. But it helps add on the pounds quick!

I'm actually on a self-challenge this month to ditch all booze (trying to lose weight).

So far so good. But its only day 9.

It's a lot easier for me to do than quitting sweets for a month....

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
:laugh:
Im in my mid twenties and I have to say I have quite a few friends who either don't drink beer anymore or never do.

I love beer. Especially the IPAs, lagers, Brown Ales, blah blah. But it helps add on the pounds quick!

I'm actually on a self-challenge this month to ditch all booze (trying to lose weight).

So far so good. But its only day 9.

It's a lot easier for me to do than quitting sweets for a month....

Good luck!!!!

I only drink beer if I'm absolutely wasted and there's nothing else alcoholic to drink. Except gin. I don't like gin either. Vodka, whiskey, Scotch, wine bring it on!!

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Good luck!!!!

I only drink beer if I'm absolutely wasted and there's nothing else alcoholic to drink. Except gin. I don't like gin either. Vodka, whiskey, Scotch, wine bring it on!!
Mmm love me some Jameson. My favorite for when that inner chill is lingering.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Picked up my brand new Toyota Rav 4 XLE last night. I'm in love. I have no idea how I drove a small car for so long. Coming from a Corolla, this feels like driving around in a throne.
I've driven an SUV for years; my current ride is a Hyundai Tucson. I also typically get an SUV when I rent, just because that's what I'm confortable in. not this week. I was already in my selected car (SUV of course - Chevy Equinox), when down the aisle came a returning 2019 Dodge Charger. Out came my bags, into the Charger. It's totally differnt to drive, and a bit of a pain to get in and out of, but it's sure fun to drive.

Reactions: BMC and Kovi

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
The MacAllan, or if I really feel like indulging, the Scotch from my "hometown" distillery, Oban. Across from my hotel in Texas is a bar called Whiskeyta. Wednesday nights after 8, 50% off all whiskeys. Oh look, it's Wednesday!
Ha, nice! I was at a bar a couple months ago tht was inside a hotel I was staying at near BWI in Maryland and they wanted $12 for A SHOT of Jameson and I was like um yea nvm then, I'll pass.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I feel stupid :banghead::banghead::banghead:

49346201_10216881664686605_5242449330744328192_n.jpg

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I just want some pizza, man.

edit* Just ordered a pizza from my desk at home and didn't even have to pick up the phone.
and it knew to ask for the gate code. freaky.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have been dealing with the unclaimed property division as my Mom's name was listed and the amount is worth pursuing and they now have all the paperwork as I was named the sole heir back in 1984. My Mom left no will.

Today out of the blue they call me and ask what my Mom's middle name was ( not her maiden name ) and I gave the correct answer.

It is for 100 shares of stock and it says

BGAC Delaware North - Buffalo, NY - REPORTED 1987

I have to think this concerns the Bruins somehow. She was a secretary to Weston Adams at the Boston Stock Exchange and she was a Gallery God.

:dunno:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I have been dealing with the unclaimed property division as my Mom's name was listed and the amount is worth pursuing and they now have all the paperwork as I was named the sole heir back in 1984. My Mom left no will.

Today out of the blue they call me and ask what my Mom's middle name was ( not her maiden name ) and I gave the correct answer.

It is for 100 shares of stock and it says

BGAC Delaware North - Buffalo, NY - REPORTED 1987

I have to think this concerns the Bruins somehow. She was a secretary to Weston Adams at the Boston Stock Exchange and she was a Gallery God.

:dunno:

Maybe you’re the new owner?

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
The MacAllan, or if I really feel like indulging, the Scotch from my "hometown" distillery, Oban. Across from my hotel in Texas is a bar called Whiskeyta. Wednesday nights after 8, 50% off all whiskeys. Oh look, it's Wednesday!
Was that before or after you fell asleep texting me? :wally:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Picked up my brand new Toyota Rav 4 XLE last night. I'm in love. I have no idea how I drove a small car for so long. Coming from a Corolla, this feels like driving around in a throne.

Alright so my girlfriend loves the 2019 Rav, and even i (as a Toyota, and new car hater) admit its a beautiful looking vehicle. We drove one a week ago, XLE premium with the faux leather. It was such a nice feel, until she hit the gas. She drives a 2015 Corolla now and is used to zipping in and out of traffic, something you cannot do in a Rav. She seems hesitant to drop 30+ on a car she doesn’t love.

Be real, hows the driving experience? I’ve had 4 banger Ford Escapes before so i know what to expect, but i don’t think she does.

I’m trying to convince her to wait for the hybrids to see how they drive.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Alright so my girlfriend loves the 2019 Rav, and even i (as a Toyota, and new car hater) admit its a beautiful looking vehicle. We drove one a week ago, XLE premium with the faux leather. It was such a nice feel, until she hit the gas. She drives a 2015 Corolla now and is used to zipping in and out of traffic, something you cannot do in a Rav. She seems hesitant to drop 30+ on a car she doesn’t love.

Be real, hows the driving experience? I’ve had 4 banger Ford Escapes before so i know what to expect, but i don’t think she does.

I have the 2017 Rav4 hybrid and it's pretty quick off the line due to the instant electric engine response that the gas-only model doesn't have. No problems at all merging into traffic. If you're worried, the 2019 should be even faster, given that it has 25 more HP than mine and is significantly lighter (200 lbs or so depending on which source you check) than the 2017.

Love the gas mileage of the hybrid as well. Not often you can get something that size with all wheel drive that gets around 40 mpgs in the summer and 32-35 currently with the crappy winter-blend gas and longer warm-up times.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

No problems whatsoever with the drive. It also has a sport booster, so if I feel like I need a little more giddyup I can push that and get some extra power if needed when merging on the highway, etc.

I find that it drives much better than my Corolla, to be honest.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
No problems whatsoever with the drive. It also has a sport booster, so if I feel like I need a little more giddyup I can push that and get some extra power if needed when merging on the highway, etc.

I find that it drives much better than my Corolla, to be honest.

I have the 2017 Rav4 hybrid and it's pretty quick off the line due to the instant electric engine response that the gas-only model doesn't have. No problems at all merging into traffic. If you're worried, the 2019 should be even faster, given that it has 25 more HP than mine and is significantly lighter (200 lbs or so depending on which source you check) than the 2017.

Love the gas mileage of the hybrid as well. Not often you can get something that size with all wheel drive that gets around 40 mpgs in the summer and 32-35 currently with the crappy winter-blend gas and longer warm-up times.

Thank you both for the info! Sounds like a couple more test drives are in order here. Hopefully the hybrid packages and options aren’t crazy different once they put them on the lots in March.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston

My ex was the most thorough shopper I have ever met (I'm the exact opposite). Anyway, she test drove every small SUV that exists; she had the same beef with the Rav4 despite her family being all about Toyota. Out of all of them, she said the Ford Escape felt like it had the most balls, followed by the CRV. She ended up going with the CRV as the 2019 model was just released so she got a great deal on a brand new 2018 (the middle model range for 26k; the model just shy of the leather).

I'd suggest she test drives the Rav4 vs the CRV vs the Ford (if I remember right, the ford was on the pricier side so it was axed quick).

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Car Strategies to Cut your Costs in Four (or more)

Just going to leave that here for all of you car buyers

I hate the holier than thou tone of this website. This article isn’t terrible though. Personally, i buy a car for practical use. Being divorced, with three kids, and a job 40 miles away with no public transit available my options are limited on vehicles. I think i do ok for now with a paid off 5 year old Dodge Journey.

That being said, i still really want a Cadillac ATS 2.0T

My ex was the most thorough shopper I have ever met (I'm the exact opposite). Anyway, she test drove every small SUV that exists; she had the same beef with the Rav4 despite her family being all about Toyota. Out of all of them, she said the Ford Escape felt like it had the most balls, followed by the CRV. She ended up going with the CRV as the 2019 model was just released so she got a great deal on a brand new 2018 (the middle model range for 26k; the model just shy of the leather).

I'd suggest she test drives the Rav4 vs the CRV vs the Ford (if I remember right, the ford was on the pricier side so it was axed quick).

She hates the look of the Honda. I actually don’t mind it but it’s not my decision. I appreciate the input, I’ll pass it on of course.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
@TD Charlie : Mazda also has a great reputation for sporty feel; you constantly see them rated well by the professional reviewers. The ex felt the CX-5 handled to much like a sports car (stiff suspension) but if your GF is big on performance, it might be worth looking into. It's on the more affordable side of the small SUV line up too.

Like I said, she drove every SUV under 30k (2018 models); you got a question on one, I probably have an opinion haha.

Reactions: TD Charlie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad