OT: Off Topic 2019 part VI - Winter is no longer coming - IT HAS ARRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Been meaning to write this for a while.

OK so I have been ruined by craft beers forever! Niagara is a perfect spot to try all the delicious craft/micro brews as we can get the best that both Canada and the US have to offer. Man I am addicted.

It's just crazy how my taste has evolved, where I used to be a Rolling Rock, Keith's, MGD and on special occasions Stella type of guy, now I can't stand those beers. If it isn't an IPA or a Darker Lager, stout etc., I don't want it!

Silversmith in Niagara On the Lake is outstanding, starting with their Dark Lager and also their Rye infused beer which is incredible. Unfortunately I now cringe when I'm at a bar/restaurant and all they have is the usual stuff. Canadian, Coors, Bud, Bud Light...

I guess I now fall into the category of being a beer snob and I am OK with that :)

Wondering who the other beer snobs are around here?
Raises hand. Love me all sorts of IPAs. Been drinking a bit of Stella lately, because I bought it for my brother to drink when he comes over. @Kovi will tell you the top shelf of our fridge looks like a packie. My current favorites are Stome IPAs. They make an IPA variety pack that I really like, but the best of the bunch is the Stone Ruination. Four Peaks is an AZ brewery that I'm enjoying exploring too.

All that said, I still drink Bud light (in the fridge for my mom) when I don't want a real heavy beer.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Raises hand. Love me all sorts of IPAs. Been drinking a bit of Stella lately, because I bought it for my brother to drink when he comes over. @Kovi will tell you the top shelf of our fridge looks like a packie. My current favorites are Stome IPAs. They make an IPA variety pack that I really like, but the best of the bunch is the Stone Ruination. Four Peaks is an AZ brewery that I'm enjoying exploring too.

All that said, I still drink Bud light (in the fridge for my mom) when I don't want a real heavy beer.

Ahh! I'm not a huge beer drinker, but funny enough, got hooked on Ommegang's Belgian style ales several years back when I visited Finger Lakes region. Stopped by a bar, ordered an ale and the bartender puts two Game of Thrones branded glasses on the table. Per bartender, apparently, someone on the set knew the brewer, so Ommegang got a sweet deal to supply beer to the set plus a licensing deal which put them on the map. They brew a limited edition one for each season. GoT connection doesn't really matter to me, except for smart marketing for the brewery to stand out from the rest. And their ales are excellent, in general. Unfortunately, I do not really like IPAs - more likely than not they are more bitter than I like.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i love all unibroue beers.
especially maudite and la fin du monde. can drink that stuff all day and never a hangover. stuff is gooood

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Picked up my brand new Toyota Rav 4 XLE last night. I'm in love. I have no idea how I drove a small car for so long. Coming from a Corolla, this feels like driving around in a throne.

Copycat. I drive a Corolla and bought the wife a hybrid Rav a year ago. She loves it......and it's great in the snow. Enjoy!

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Copycat. I drive a Corolla and bought the wife a hybrid Rav a year ago. She loves it......and it's great in the snow. Enjoy!

Thanks, and that's great to hear about the snow. My Corolla wasn't that old (2013) and had low mileage (37k), but it was terrible in the snow. Our house is in a very hilly area, so winters have been tough since we bought it in 2015. Truth be told, it's not great in the snow on flat ground, either. I'm looking forward to being more comfortable driving in bad weather.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Picked up my brand new Toyota Rav 4 XLE last night. I'm in love. I have no idea how I drove a small car for so long. Coming from a Corolla, this feels like driving around in a throne.
One of my best friends just got one. I was her first passenger in it. It's really nice!

Unfortunately she had it less than 24 hours before a truck threw a rock and put a ding in the passenger side door. :(

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I have a 2009 Rav4 AWD Sport v6---- 150k miles. Sadly they don't make them that way anymore, but they are exceptional in the snow. I have had some weird issues over the years where the mechanic says he's never seen that before but all in all it's fantastic. Never want to get rid of it. I too will never drive a passenger car again.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

:eek: :confused:

Reminds me of that bridge collapse last year. One more reason why I don't like being stopped under overpasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->