OT: Off Topic 2019 part IX - Spring is coming - REALLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
How you could land a role in the Derek Sanderson Boston Bruins movie | Boston.com

derek-sanderson-850x478$large.jpg

Reactions: sooshii

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
My husband is in Montreal for a conference. He just texted me and said hockey is on in every bar/restaurant, Savvy was just in a commercial, and all of the commercials have to do with hockey.

And he's been there for 3 hours and has already had poutine. wtf.

I’m from Massachusetts (born & raised) and have never been to Montreal, but I have to say that poutine is soooo good if done right!

“The Loft” in North Andover on 125 has amazing poutine. My favorite dish on their menu, and their menu is pretty damn good.

Reactions: Seidenbergy

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Bostonia Public House on state St (where Kitty O’Sheas used to be) has amazing poutine tots. I could literally drink the gravy.

Saus on Union st is supposed to have good poutine but I’ve never been there. I don’t trust myself around a menu that’s solely french Fry based.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I gotta talk to my doctor - I have deviated septum and it started to annoy me to no end the last couple of years. Want to see if they can fix it. Not looking for a third surgery in three years, though...
ugg, best of luck, don`t do what I have done and wait 20 years to get off my arse to do something about this

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Flu shot in mid-March? Crazy. Thought everyone stopped doing those in December or so.....
Dr. said they are seeing an uptick in cases in the last few weeks and she strongly advised I get it.

She wasn't too happy that I didn't get it when it first came out so now I have an appointment in October to go get one in the office.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
@Fenway youre a well traveled person (or anyone else really)

Any experience in Nashville? Visiting with the gf in early May for a week and looking for any ideas or places to go

Hopefully goin to a Preds game if tickets aren’t too expensive since it’s playoff time. But not much else planned

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Any experience in Nashville? Visiting with the gf in early May for a week and looking for any ideas or places to go

Hopefully goin to a Preds game if tickets aren’t too expensive since it’s playoff time. But not much else planned
Off the top of my head, the usual tourist stuff....Opry, Ryman. Opryland Hotel is beautiful. General Jackson steamboat ride. Tennessee central railway, they have a museum and day trips to different places. The Parthenon. Hattie B's if you like hot chicken. Loveless Cafe. Union Hotel downtown is also nice if you like architecture.

Oh yeah... Cheekwood Botanical Gardens. The Hermitage if you like history. There are a lot of historical sites and houses in and around Nashville. Downtown Franklin is nice too.

I have no idea if any of this interests you or the gf, but they are ideas :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pay Carl

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Bob McKenzie is such a treat to watch for us yanks. Always great to see him on NBCSN with Kathryn Tappen. Two great pros right there

Reactions: Aeroforce

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

Two words.

Biscuit. Love.

Their Bonuts are some of the most delectable treats I’ve ever sampled.

Reactions: Fenway and Pay Carl

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This was Nashville about 20 years or so ago.

Look at all the parking!! .....It don't look like that no more :laugh:

IMG_20190319_200121.jpg

Reactions: Fenway

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
is the whole conglomerate of stores from that dutch company unionized or is it just the New England ones.
All of us. Some of our New York stores walked out for a day or 2 almost a month ago. They had been negotiating for a year. The company told them we will get back to you after we take care of the New England negotiations. They got pissed and walked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad