Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
How's the new job?
Going really well. Just finished day 4.

I’m starting to get some projects to work on while trying to learn a complicated organization as well as an entirely new industry. Life Sciences is an interesting industry that’s for sure.

They use outlook which is awesome but I have to re-learn it so I can become proficient again.

I love having an office :)

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
48390795_10216674522388177_914050503233503232_o.jpg

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

This isn't a complicated question for $250K if you approach it the right way.

Honolulu. Hawaii. Poke. (The Hawaiian fish dish, not a finger jabbing you or a Nintendo game.) Maui. (Or mele kalikimaka if you're feeling seasonal and have a subscription to the jam of the month club.)

Those four words give you H O N L U A W I P K E M - twelve letters. All the English vowels, plus HKLMNPW.

Couple of ways to go from here. Just stabbing and even before getting the whole Hawaiian alphabet, I got Ohio and Iowa. You can then go here:

Or, you can combine the 5 vowels and the 7 consonants to make 70 blends of consonant-vowel or vowel-consonant - vowel-vowel and consonant-consonants are less common in English words except for common consonant blends like "bl", "br", and "th", but do happen, so you might want to double check. The biggest pains are the "New" and "North", but fortunately there's no "t" in Hawaiian, and the "New"s don't work.

If you comb through, you'll get Oklahoma and Maine to join Ohio and Iowa, for 4 states.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
This isn't a complicated question for $250K if you approach it the right way.

Honolulu. Hawaii. Poke. (The Hawaiian fish dish, not a finger jabbing you or a Nintendo game.) Maui. (Or mele kalikimaka if you're feeling seasonal and have a subscription to the jam of the month club.)

Those four words give you H O N L U A W I P K E M - twelve letters. All the English vowels, plus HKLMNPW.

Couple of ways to go from here. Just stabbing and even before getting the whole Hawaiian alphabet, I got Ohio and Iowa. You can then go here:

Or, you can combine the 5 vowels and the 7 consonants to make 70 blends of consonant-vowel or vowel-consonant - vowel-vowel and consonant-consonants are less common in English words except for common consonant blends like "bl", "br", and "th", but do happen, so you might want to double check. The biggest pains are the "New" and "North", but fortunately there's no "t" in Hawaiian, and the "New"s don't work.

If you comb through, you'll get Oklahoma and Maine to join Ohio and Iowa, for 4 states.

Can you do that in 30 seconds though?

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I need help finding a Marchand video. It’s early in his career, and he’s at his parents’ house in Halifax. I was trying to explain how funny it was to my friend because at one point his sister is just trying to eat at the table and Brad is actively annoying her. I think he was just holding a hockey stick just above her head.

Does anyone remember that video? I tried looking it up but can’t find it.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Can you do that in 30 seconds though?

There's no time limit anymore...so, for $250K, they're just gonna have to wait around awhile for me to talk it out. As a pleasant side effect, I might take so long that it would postpone the next season of The Bachelor.

Of course, with no pen and paper, keeping track of the consonants would be a little tough, but not impossible. The other way would be to go through all 132 possible postal code abbreviations...especially if you haven't memorized the states in alphabetical order flawlessly.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
:xtree:This is so Special! I mean too some of these kids it just means the world.:xtree:
:santa: Great Job Bruins!!! :clap:

How do you spell class? BERGERON

I could watch videos like this all day, I`d likely need more kleenex but that`s another story. The players surely are touched by visiting the hospital and seeing the smiles on the kids faces. If I were a player, I`d barely make it into a room before losing it. Hats off to the President of the B`s as well, I often overlook all of his efforts and commitment to the foundation that bears his name and all those players over the years who have made these visits is truly wonderful.

I know all major sports does things like this but I have always felt that hockey players really embrace this more than any other, could be waaaaaaay off there but I also know that in Halifax, the Mooseheads players make regular visits to the sick kids hospital and I`m sure many other Junior teams do this as well, it becomes an integral part of the Junior game, giving back and I think many of them carry that with them to the NHL where the tradition continues.

I can`t stand Subban on the ice, but I can watch this video 8 days a week

P.K. Subban went undercover to give a Nashville family a Christmas surprise

Reactions: BMC

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
The TSA naming airport of the year is like the MBTA naming the best train station. When you are 99% of the problem, you shouldn't be doing the judging.

Reactions: Fenway

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
One more hour until I hit the road for the airport. I hope the weather here in TX isn't an issue for my 5:30 flight. Looks like I should be able to take off, but might be bumpy for a bit. I just hope my incoming airplane isn't delayed (or cancelled)

Reactions: Kovi and BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->