OT: Off Topic 2018 part III - Here comes the heat again

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Fwiw this song is in 12/8 time. I never knew that until I looked at the piano sheet music. Then again I never actually sat down and try to figure out the time signature before but interesting none the less.

My favorite example of odd time signatures in pop music is Outkast's Hey Ya, which is in 11/4.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Not yet.

Have a second phone interview Monday but if that doesn’t pan out then I’ll probably contract to perm.

I took a package for that very reason. I get to control my last day and I have everything in writing.

Well just got a voicemail. Didn't get the job. so I will continue to work the 11 hour workdays here.

ugh that sucks I thought I was in.

I feel ya, folks.

Need ALL good thoughts from BOSTON coming my way tomorrow at 2 pm.

Witchcraft/sage burning/Reiki from AZ also welcomed.
:crossfing

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I feel ya, folks.

Need ALL good thoughts from BOSTON coming my way tomorrow at 2 pm.

Witchcraft/sage burning/Reiki from AZ also welcomed.
:crossfing
I shall take care of some energy in the morning for/with you ;)

Set your intentions in the morning--say EXACTLY what you want/need. No extras, no generality. Ask for what you want.
Go get em!

Reactions: Strafer and sooshii

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
DETROIT (AP) — Aretha Franklin, the undisputed ‘‘Queen of Soul’’ who sang with matchless style on such classics as ‘‘Think,’’ ‘'I Say a Little Prayer’’ and her signature song, ‘‘Respect,’’ and stood as a cultural icon around the globe, has died at age 76 from advance pancreatic cancer.

Publicist Gwendolyn Quinn tells The Associated Press through a family statement that Franklin passed Thursday at 9:50 a.m. at her home in Detroit. The statement said ‘‘Franklin’s official cause of death was due to advance pancreatic cancer of the neuroendocrine type, which was confirmed by Franklin’s oncologist, Dr. Philip Phillips of Karmanos Cancer Institute’’ in Detroit.

The family added: ‘‘In one of the darkest moments of our lives, we are not able to find the appropriate words to express the pain in our heart. We have lost the matriarch and rock of our family.’’ :cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer and BMC

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
DETROIT (AP) — Aretha Franklin, the undisputed ‘‘Queen of Soul’’ who sang with matchless style on such classics as ‘‘Think,’’ ‘'I Say a Little Prayer’’ and her signature song, ‘‘Respect,’’ and stood as a cultural icon around the globe, has died at age 76 from advance pancreatic cancer.

Publicist Gwendolyn Quinn tells The Associated Press through a family statement that Franklin passed Thursday at 9:50 a.m. at her home in Detroit. The statement said ‘‘Franklin’s official cause of death was due to advance pancreatic cancer of the neuroendocrine type, which was confirmed by Franklin’s oncologist, Dr. Philip Phillips of Karmanos Cancer Institute’’ in Detroit.

The family added: ‘‘In one of the darkest moments of our lives, we are not able to find the appropriate words to express the pain in our heart. We have lost the matriarch and rock of our family.’’ :cry:

Sad news. One of the greatest singers I've ever had the pleasure of listening to

Reactions: Strafer and BMC

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I found this link. It reccomends FuboTV, I am leaning towards YouTube TV due to the quality that several users have mentioned.
Live Stream NESN: Watch Red Sox, Bruins without cable
We went with YouTube TV and haven't been disappointed so far, but we don't watch a ton of TV. I did try to stream NESN, but we can't because we're out of the broadcast area. Looks like it's NHL Center Ice for us once the season starts.

Reactions: HustleB and Kovi

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

May she rest in peace. One of the greatest voices of all time.

:(

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Waiting to hear about a new job that might give me some more HF time. the last 4 years here have really limited my time. Only issue with new job is there will be travel involved and I have never been a big traveler. Think I nailed the interview so now its just a waiting game to see if they give me an offer and hope the money is right. I know it will be a pay cut but just can't be to much of one. Willing to take a pay cut because the benefits are better and the job offers a pension.

and now I wait
Good Luck !!!

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I hope something better comes along. We need you here for a positive spin on the GDTs

I will try to be on more of them this year. We are still down a few heads in my department and budget season is just around the corner and of course it overlaps the first couple of months of the Bruins season.

They are only letting us fill one of our two empty headcount. What is normally a team of 4 is a team of 2 right now with the approval to fill one more spot only. Love it when all we care about is makes sure the shareholders get their earnings per share.

Reactions: Ladyfan and sooshii

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I’m left handed or I write left (I do pretty much everything else right) and thought we had left ones ?
I throw, and shoot (hockey) left. I write with my right. In first grade I had a former nun in grammar school who didn't like lefties and threatened a smack on the knuckles to anyone writing southpaw.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I throw, and shoot (hockey) left. I write with my right. In first grade I had a former nun in grammar school who didn't like lefties and threatened a smack on the knuckles to anyone writing southpaw.

Ah the good old days! Oddly enough, I somehow escaped the old Catholic school knuckle rapping and write left handed. Not sure how that happened as I'm likely older than you @Strafer!

But I throw and kick right handed/footed and shoot right handed in hockey, played golf (back in the day) left handed but can play right handed (and be equally awful). The oddest part is when I played a little goal (ball hockey only) I catch with my right hand making me a lefty goalie. Odd

Reactions: BMC

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

"Children who write left-handed are the spawns of Satan himself!"

I can hear it now.

My dad used to get yardsticked in the knuckles for this exact reason. Still writes lefty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->