OT: Off Topic 2018 part III - Here comes the heat again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I actually miss last December and January working out in Reno... Never knew it was as cold as New England out there but I met some awesome people out there.

Also was able to watch every Bruins game via NESN, but everything was delayed like 3 minutes from here.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
@Kovi and I say hi from the outskirts of St. Louis. Crossed the Mississippi River tonight, and it awes me every time. Tomorrow trying to make it to Amarillo (Google the Big Texan Steak Ranch, you won't be sorry). Gonna have to start early. And early is not my strong suit.

P.S. @GlenFeatherstone almost had the truck right. We filled a 26' truck. Any more and we would have had stuff hanging on like in that pic.

And @Kate08 I'm jealous. Two and a half years ago, I was in OKC and discovered Foo Fighters were playing an 8PM show. Of course I discovered this at 8:30 (without realizing the opening act was at 8 and I could have still made the main event). Kicking myself still for not going.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@Glove Malfunction Many moons ago I was asked to drive my sister-in-law's car from LA to Tampa. We hit Vegas first and then drove to Dallas non-stop. (We had family there)

I-40 east of Albuquerque is about the most boring road in the US but every 10 miles you would see a billboard for the Big Texan Steak Ranch.

I am drooling over going there but as we entered Amarillo there was a stockyard and all you could see were thousands of steers with the same blank look. We wound up getting a fish sandwich at Burger King :cry:

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
@Glove Malfunction Many moons ago I was asked to drive my sister-in-law's car from LA to Tampa. We hit Vegas first and then drove to Dallas non-stop. (We had family there)

I-40 east of Albuquerque is about the most boring road in the US but every 10 miles you would see a billboard for the Big Texan Steak Ranch.

I am drooling over going there but as we entered Amarillo there was a stockyard and all you could see were thousands of steers with the same blank look. We wound up getting a fish sandwich at Burger King :cry:

It is boring as it gets but i love driving down there.

Less than 100 miles to the south is a whole different story, Ruidoso, Lincoln, all great places, even Roswell was fun but then it gets flat again when you move closer to Lubbock.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

I spent many years shuttling to Albuquerque to check on our contract manufacturer.

Theres a reason they tested the atomic bomb near there. If you took before and after pictures you'd see no difference in the landscape.

Desolate.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I've been to New Mexico once, a couple years ago. That was enough for me. We flew into El Paso and drove the rest of the way. Everything was brown and depressing for the most part. And I must have used 20 gallons of lotion and chapstick. I was never so happy to get back to humidity. :laugh: And green trees.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
@Kovi and I say hi from the outskirts of St. Louis. Crossed the Mississippi River tonight, and it awes me every time. Tomorrow trying to make it to Amarillo (Google the Big Texan Steak Ranch, you won't be sorry). Gonna have to start early. And early is not my strong suit.

P.S. @GlenFeatherstone almost had the truck right. We filled a 26' truck. Any more and we would have had stuff hanging on like in that pic.

And @Kate08 I'm jealous. Two and a half years ago, I was in OKC and discovered Foo Fighters were playing an 8PM show. Of course I discovered this at 8:30 (without realizing the opening act was at 8 and I could have still made the main event). Kicking myself still for not going.

"Amarillo by morning, up from San Antone".... Safe travels you guys!

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Palo Duro canyon is a nice place near Amarillo but you're moving to canyon land so it doesn't make much sense to stop there after all.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Hazy sunshine through low fog. Mimosas on the beach of the outer cape with waves crashing and sea mist in my face. Seal count: 4. Shark count: 0. Mimosa count: bottle 2.

Sure I’d love a clear blue sky day but any day at the beach is better than the best day somewhere else

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Hazy sunshine through low fog. Mimosas on the beach of the outer cape with waves crashing and sea mist in my face. Seal count: 4. Shark count: 0. Mimosa count: bottle 2.

Sure I’d love a clear blue sky day but any day at the beach is better than the best day somewhere else
I can't wait for my week off on the Cape at the end of August. Even though I work here literally everyday, being able to just lounge around and do exactly what you're doing is just so refreshing.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Put in for a supervisor position at work. Its in an area I have 2 years experience and even tho its for day time shift and I will have to deal with customers for $25+ an hour I can.

I hope

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I can't wait for my week off on the Cape at the end of August. Even though I work here literally everyday, being able to just lounge around and do exactly what you're doing is just so refreshing.

Where on the Cape are you going? My wife's parents have a place in Dennis, so we go there pretty much every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->