Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Well... this isn't exactly an "old baseball photo" :laugh: but cool nonetheless

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Last day in Kelowna, been a great stay. Off to Gibson`s BC, home of Molly`s Reach and the Beachcombers for any fans here old enough to remember those references.

Gonna sneak a round of golf in there too which is great.

Reactions: Kovi and DKH

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It would require billions of dollars to upgrade the rail infrastructure and given the debacle that the California high speed rail project has become ( 9 billion & counting for the entire project without a single track even laid yet) I don't see it happening :(

It is so frustrating but it HAS to be done especially in and out of New York.

Connecticut has been the major problem upgrading Acela but New York City seems insolvable. NYC wants to rebuild Penn Station and they have already given an eviction notice to Madison Square Garden and 5 years later it is still up in the air.

Madison Square Garden Is Told to Move

NYC needs to figure out a way to connect Penn Station and Grand Central and also build another train tunnel to New Jersey but...

NYC started building the Second Avenue Subway in 1974 and the first segment opened this year :help:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Well... this isn't exactly an "old baseball photo" :laugh: but cool nonetheless

My father got to play st Ebbots Field and the Polo Grounds and somewhere in my house there is pictures and newspaper accounts from the games

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Last day in Kelowna, been a great stay. Off to Gibson`s BC, home of Molly`s Reach and the Beachcombers for any fans here old enough to remember those references.

Gonna sneak a round of golf in there too which is great.
There is. Beachcomber in Weklfleet that was a great time in the day - probably haven’t been in 20 years but I’ve had my share of Rumrunners in that place

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Unless you shut down MSG for a year and the Knicks/Rangers play in Brooklyn or someplace, they can't fix Penn Station. That's the issue with building a major arena on top of a train station.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Unless you shut down MSG for a year and the Knicks/Rangers play in Brooklyn or someplace, they can't fix Penn Station. That's the issue with building a major arena on top of a train station.

Why do you think Madison Square Garden is a major investor in the new Islanders arena?

New York 60 years ago had the mindset to stop investing in subways and trains and focus on cars. Robert Moses was the primary reason Queens has terrible subway service compared to Brooklyn and the Bronx. To say his vision was flawed is being kind.

They are now building the final leg that will allow LIRR trains into Grand Central but Penn Station needs to be rebuilt and everyone admits that. The minor problem is Madiaon Square Garden,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->