OT: Off Topic 2018 part II - Warm enough for ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Yesterday I made an appointment at Ira Toyota in Manchester (where im leasing my toyota 86 from) to have body work done from when my car was backed into whilst I was inside a butcher shop.. The service consultant I spoke to asked me if I'd like a confirmation email, I said sure.

I show up today and the service department says "sry we don't have a body shop, and can't get you an estimate on the damage"

Uhhhh?

Ira only has one body shop for all their dealers and it is in Danvers

Ira Collision Center of Danvers: Certified Auto Body Shop, Collision Repair Serving Danvers, Lynn, Peabody, Salem

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Thanks Fenway, but now I'm going through a local autobody place that has 5 stars on Yelp, but they are so backed up they can't fix my car until September...

I might be in California for work by then so I might just try and get out of the lease. I'm just happy the cars still driveable.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I did it! I finally found a picture of Fenway: :D
shopping.jpeg

Dude knows just about everything lol

Reactions: BMC and Fenway

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
So I'm heading to a Nashville Sounds baseball game tomorrow. Driving and finding parking downtown is one of my least favorite things. So I decided to use ParkWhiz to reserve a space at a garage right by the stadium. Arrive by 6:05, leave by 11:05. Got a confirmation email, peachy.

Except when I get the actual pass, they have my time slot as 4:05 to 9:05. Uhhh, I'd rather not leave the game early, thanks. So I text customer service. "Oh, we can't change it, but you can cancel and rebook for the right time."

:skeptic:

I cancel, try to rebook, and what do you know, my time slot--you know, the one I had a confirmation email for--is no longer available.

I text them back. Did you try another location, they ask. :banghead: No, because I want the garage for the slot I was originally confirmed for!!!!

Oh, well try a different time slot. No thanks, says I, because I don't want to leave the game early. :madfire::madfire::madfire:

I ended up with a $5 credit for a service I will likely never use again.

All this aggravation just so I can use up the $100 Gametime ticket credit I won a while back. :laugh: :help: I wanted to use it for a Preds game but the credit expired before the schedule was released.

Reactions: BMC

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
So I'm heading to a Nashville Sounds baseball game tomorrow. Driving and finding parking downtown is one of my least favorite things. So I decided to use ParkWhiz to reserve a space at a garage right by the stadium. Arrive by 6:05, leave by 11:05. Got a confirmation email, peachy.

Except when I get the actual pass, they have my time slot as 4:05 to 9:05. Uhhh, I'd rather not leave the game early, thanks. So I text customer service. "Oh, we can't change it, but you can cancel and rebook for the right time."

I cancel, try to rebook, and what do you know, my time slot--you know, the one I had a confirmation email for--is no longer available.

I text them back. Did you try another location, they ask. :banghead: No, because I want the garage for the slot I was originally confirmed for!!!!

Oh, well try a different time slot. No thanks, says I, because I don't want to leave the game early. :madfire::madfire::madfire:

All this aggravation just so I can use up the $100 Gametime ticket credit I won a while back. :laugh: :help: I wanted to use it for a Preds game but the credit expired before the schedule was released.

Thanks for the warning! The Globe just had an article about all the "great" parking websites that get you "cheap" parking in downtown Boston. Every time I look at them (I usually go into Boston at night), it's more expensive than my usual spot(s). Or, heck, 99% of the time I just take the T all the way in.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Ugh. Titans continues to look like a pile of garbage. Why is DC so f***ing incompetent in the live action department.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It upsets me that a jeopardy category about music of 20 years ago is late 90s music.

But I crushed that category, obviously

This is a sure sign you're getting older.

The first time I heard Fleetwood Mac on classic rock radio I almost drove off the road...

Reactions: talkinaway

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

And people wonder why I'm so skeptical about technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->