OT: Off Topic 2018 part II - Warm enough for ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Having a week off to do "nothing" has been absolutely perfect. Had a long stretch w work and my sons grad and subsequent party my wife and I decided to just take a recovery week.

Up at 7 or 8. Go to get a bagel w bacon and cheese, tea....a copy of the NY Daily News and NY Post, hang on the deck. Gym for about 90 minutes...went couch shopping, hiking a couple of times....yesterday hit the jersey shore to Sleazside and PT Pleasant .favorite restaurant in Long Branch..the boardwalks are seriously the best...love the sound of the gaming wheels spinning, the smell of cotton candy, funnel cakes and sausage and peppers..

Been the best time we've had together in years as funny as that sounds.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Having a week off to do "nothing" has been absolutely perfect. Had a long stretch w work and my sons grad and subsequent party my wife and I decided to just take a recovery week.

Up at 7 or 8. Go to get a bagel w bacon and cheese, tea....a copy of the NY Daily News and NY Post, hang on the deck. Gym for about 90 minutes...went couch shopping, hiking a couple of times....yesterday hit the jersey shore to Sleazside and PT Pleasant .favorite restaurant in Long Branch..the boardwalks are seriously the best...love the sound of the gaming wheels spinning, the smell of cotton candy, funnel cakes and sausage and peppers..

Those are the best vacations, because it's actually a VACATION. There's a big difference between a trip and a vacation.

We're doing a "tripcation" next week. I'm calling it a tripcation because we are traveling (but not far) and have no agenda other than the beach (the weather better cooperate) and enjoying food and drink and downtime.

Heading to P-town Tues - Sat, got a little cottage right on the beach. Pretty excited to unwind.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Yes! He reached out to me yesterday. Great, great guy. He and his wife love it there.

Hopefully you guys get to connect!
He seemed great, I'll try to friend his wife as well.
thanks for unconsciously hooking us up :)

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
He seemed great, I'll try to friend his wife as well.
thanks for unconsciously hooking us up :)

I've actually never met his wife, he's a friend through my running/beer drinking team. But I've heard great things about her as well. Oddly enough, their daughter went to college with my husband.

Reactions: Kovi

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
:soap:
I'm working on booking a flight for someone at work, and man alive, do I ever despise doing that. There are eighty gazillion websites to try, and eighty gazillion options, and eighty gazillion ways for airlines to squeeze every last cent out of you. Here, pay extra to pick your seat! :skeptic: Oh, you can "lock in" this fare for an additional $10!! Otherwise it will change every five minutes, and forget trying to get any reasonable way to compare your options.

Blergh. :mad::madfire::banghead:

I have given this more thought. Hey airlines, I promise not to kick the seat in front of me, so knock off $10. I also won't recline into the seat behind me, so take off another $20. I use deodorant, that should be good for another $50. I don't block the aisle trying to stuff an oversized carry-on bag into the overhead bin, subtract another $50.

I think I may be on to something. :D
Have you ever used kayak.com? It's a metacrawler for flights, hotels and cars. All the fares in one place. It just doesn't compare Southwest flights. Maybe that will cut down your searching. I used it all the time before settling on one airline for the miles/status (BTW, I just made gold status on American with my flight home from Dallas last night. moving up another boarding group!)

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Those are the best vacations, because it's actually a VACATION. There's a big difference between a trip and a vacation.

We're doing a "tripcation" next week. I'm calling it a tripcation because we are traveling (but not far) and have no agenda other than the beach (the weather better cooperate) and enjoying food and drink and downtime.

Heading to P-town Tues - Sat, got a little cottage right on the beach. Pretty excited to unwind.

That sounds wonderful. I love when we get a place on the beach and the whole trip is sleep, beach, drinks, lunch, beach, shower, nap, dinner....

Plus I just win a bet with the wife. She said I couldn't charm the dmv lady to get into the express license lane. Was like shooting fish in a barrel! Done in less than 15 min! Had to get a new picture license cuz my daughter said I looked like jabba the hut in the one I've had for four years lol.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Now that I’m amongst the general population in an open space I hear conversations like this more and more and want to throw things at them and yell at them to shut up.

We have some employees who are so ticked about open space they will get on calls and be as loud as possible especially when they voice their dissatisfaction with the situation.

Not pleasant to,deal with at all.

I miss the days where all I worried about was making sure employees weren’t wearing booty shorts and ratty shirts

Haha my wife deals with this too.

The company she works at just moved into a new building in Cambridge, and it's all open space. Her team had previously been working in that enviornment so they all liked it, but other teams are now dealing with it, and they are all so passive aggressive about it.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Haven't made it down to PTown this year yet. Love it, one of my favorite places to go.

If you have the time, grab dinner at Sage.

EDIT: Apparantly Sage has been re-named Pilgrim House.. No idea if it's the same. That's sad.

Last edited:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

What’s your fav restaurant in Long Branch?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
(Wasn't sure where to put this, but definitely wanted to share -- feel free to move it, if necessary)

My cousin's son earned an invite to USA Hockey's U-15 Camp/Tournament this week, which made us all pretty proud, to say the least.

They break the players up into 8 or 10 teams and play a week-long tournament.

Here is some video of the final couple of minutes of the championship game.

He was the goalie on the ice for the purple team that won the tournament.

Pretty cool, IMO.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Haven't made it down to PTown this year yet. Love it, one of my favorite places to go.

If you have the time, grab dinner at Sage.

EDIT: Apparantly Sage has been re-named Pilgrim House.. No idea if it's the same. That's sad.

I haven't been since I was a baby. Very excited to check it out.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Yesterday I made an appointment at Ira Toyota in Manchester (where im leasing my toyota 86 from) to have body work done from when my car was backed into whilst I was inside a butcher shop.. The service consultant I spoke to asked me if I'd like a confirmation email, I said sure.

I show up today and the service department says "sry we don't have a body shop, and can't get you an estimate on the damage"

Uhhhh?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I`d like to introduce the Hf family to Penny, 6 month old Beagle. She`s not excited for her spaying in early August but she IS excited about the almost 300 acres of land her grandpa has waiting for her to explore once we land in Victoria

Likes, Food, running, food, ripping apart anything, food, kissing, food, Tom Petty, food
Aw very cute. Of course your puppy loves Tom Petty :thumbu:

Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yeah. We visited our in laws in South Carolina last July. Thought I would ****ing die.

As much as I hate snow,that heat and humidity was brutal.

So plan B. Stay in New England close to the coast. If we can afford it maybe do the snowbird thing for a winter break.
Good Choice. I love New England and don't even mind Winter. Fall is my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad