Celtics/NBA Pre-Season Thread: Celtics, now owners of minor league Red Claws, say team will stay in Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Was thinking of seeing Kemba and some of the young Celtics out here on Team USA
They're playing a pre-tournament game against Spain in Anaheim next week and part of me is thinking about it. I don't really care too much about the team, but the chance to see Walker, Tatum, and Brown (along with other NBAers) for ~$20 is a good deal.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
There’s a graffiti mural of Larry Bird in Indiana that has tattoos on it and Larry doesn’t wanna be known as a tattoo guy so he’s mad about it

Idk, I thought it was a funny story. It could be a parks and recs episode

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
That is absolutely preposterous

Here's the uncensored version:

ECgNQvaW4AEZCVg.jpg

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
By the way - here's a picture of the " artist " Jules Muck:

artist-jules-muck-attends-muck-this-house-by-jules-muck-at-lab-art-on-picture-id143451752

EDIT: Good news - a compromise has been met.

from bleacherreport.com:

Jules Muck, the artist behind the mural of the tatted-up Bird, said she was simply trying to be funny.

“It’s nothing personal against Larry.Muck told the Indianapolis Star on Wednesday. “I actually think it’s funnier to put tattoos on people who don’t have them.”

After consulting with Bird’s attorney in an effort to find a resolution, Muck has agreed to a compromise. Once modifications to the mural are complete, the only tattoo left on Bird’s upper torso will be the “Indiana” one on the forearm.

“This is another human being that is obviously not liking it,” Muck said. “If he was happy and thought it was funny, that’s a different story.”

In the end, all’s well that ends well. Still, the entire Bird mural saga — from the artwork itself, Bird having an issue with it and a resolution being reached — made it one of the most off-the-wall sports stories in some time.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I normally would be upset about it but honestly ankle sprains and basketball Are peanut butter and jelly. Not concerned unless there are ligament tears

I also would rather they not send anybody but this year is interesting because it gave smart, brown, and Tatum an opportunity to gel with Kemba Before the season began

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Portland calls Worcester attempt to poach the Maine Red Claws 'unfortunate' | Boston.com

First the Pawtucket Red Sox, next the Maine Red Claws?

The Worcester City Council passed a motion this week asking city officials to reach out to the Boston Celtics to “express interest” in bringing the team’s G League affiliate to the Massachusetts city. As the Worcester Business Journal first reportedWednesday, the motion floats the idea of swiping the Red Claws from Maine once the Celtics finalize their recent agreement to purchase the Portland-based team.

“I just want to extend that olive branch if there’s ever any potential down the road,” City Councilor Sean Rose, who introduced the motion, said during a meeting Tuesday.

Reactions: smithformeragent

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Listen he’s gonna allow like 20 a game to whoever he’s guarding....but he’s gonna rebound and be hilarious

Kinda worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad