Celtics/NBA Pre-Season Thread: Celtics, now owners of minor league Red Claws, say team will stay in Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
hearing now not a lot of interest in Boogie. Could still come here. He can be PF/C

Who they got for PF/C really? Theiss, Williams, Ojeleye, Yabu, G Williams, Poirier, Kanter? Can see both Williams and Poirier spending time in main. Yabu, Theiss and Ojeleye arent really staters and I cant see the coach splitting time in between those 3. Kanter? Dont even see him on the official roster.

Cousins may be worth it.

Reactions: PeanutButter37

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Also surprisingly havent seen much about Morris.

I dont think GSW downgraded this off-season. KD left yes but he wont even play next year. They got Russell and WCS. 2 young great players. Have also seen the idea being tossed around of trading Green. They should trade him and cash in on some draft picks or good cost controlled players. Maybe see whats up with Phoenix, Memphis, Atlanta, Cleveland, Minnesota or Charlotte. Sacramento even.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
They just signed half a dozen centers. I don't think it's happening.
Probabaly not and I’m sure the Cs know more than I do about his injury but seems like a no brainer if you can get Cousins on a vet min.

Realistically even if he’s not healthy he’s more productive than anyone outside of Kanter. He did look really slow in the finals but at the very least he can still pull down some boards

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Cousins issue is behind the scenes.

For a team that had a disaster of a locker room last year, and desperately needs that to be better this year, not sure Cousins in a guy I'd be willing to bring in.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I
Blazers offered him a contract.

If you read about how Kanter said it went down, I don't blame him for leaving
I'll be honest, all I saw was Dame publicly saying he was with him when it went down and that report was not how it happened? that was good enough for me. I know Paul Allen being gone is affecting some of this but I can't imagine they are totally undoing how he did things.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Hey - remember when Josh Jackson didn't even want to work out for the Celtics before the 2017 Draft because he wanted to play for Phoenix. Well he's no longer playing for Phoenix.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
You could be right.
I'm right.

They're over the cap.

They used their mid-level exception on Kanter.

They've got a full roster.

They can sign someone to a contract for the league minimum, but that means they'd have to waive someone who's already under contract.

Barring a trade, this is your team:

Ball Handlers: Kemba Walker, Marcus Smart, Brad Wanamaker, Carson Edwards, Tremont Waters.

Swings: Jayson Tatum, Gordon Hayward, Jaylen Brown, Romeo Langford, Semi Ojeleye.

Bigs: Enes Kanter, Robert Williams, Daniel Theis, Grant Williams, Vincent Poirier.​

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Why pay Theis that much? No need for Boogie I think we already might have too many egos to deal with (everything wasn’t Kyries fault.)

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
I’m all set with a Love for Hayward swap. Especially if there’s picks going to Cleveland. It does make a bit of sense with him and Kembas contract expiring at the same time but I’m not giving up on Hayward just yet.

Realistically, that trade scenario will be there at the deadline or this offseason no matter how well/poor Hayward plays. Hayward as an expiring contract is going to be worth something to someone if he plays like he did last year.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Looking good for the pick not conveying next year.

That's good for 2 reasons - right now the Celtics have a bunch of young players on the roster so there's no real need to add another one unless you're talking about a future superstar and ( maybe most importantly ) that Memphis pick becomes totally unprotected in 2021. :thumbu:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-7-6_3-41-24.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad