Speculation: Off Season Thread Part II: Wake me up when September ends

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
https://www.tsn.ca/poile-ellis-predators-talking-extension-1.1155866

“Ryan just got married, so we’d like to give him a gift,” Poile added...The 27-year-old expressed his desire to retire as a Predator during the team's dressing room clean out and Poile said Ellis' future with the team will likely come down to money.
"There’s no reason for me to believe that Ryan Ellis doesn’t want to be here,” Poile told 102.5-FM in May. “He said it...there’s no reason for him to believe that we don’t want him here. Economics usually decide these situations."
As Vingan notes Poile is hoping not to lose another star defenceman to the open market like he did with Ryan Suter, who signed a massive 13-year, $98 million deal with the Minnesota Wild as a free agent in 2012. Poile said, however, that he believes he misread the Suter situation.
"I don't think Ryan Suter at the end of the day, and this is my responsibility, was ever going to re-sign here," Poile told 102.5.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Damn expansion drafts. NO MORE OF THOSE PLEASE.
Don't think any franchise has been as potentially screwed by the two expansion drafts as us. And the bitch of it is that Poile has consistently built the team in a responsible manner throughout the salary cap era (always competitive, prudent contracts and cap management, drafts well, trades well, etc...). Teams shouldn't get punished for that.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Looking at some stats, and wow Arvidsson could seriously have 70+ point seasons if he ever became more productive on the PP.

This past season, he had 61 points, with only 8 of those being on the PP. The season before that, he had 61 points with 9 PP points. His 95 even-strength points over the past two seasons is 25th in the league, and he ranked 37th this past season.

Even-strength points in the 2017-2018 season:

Steven Stamkos- 53
Sidney Crosby- 51
John Tavares- 51
Tyler Seguin- 51
Vladimir Tarasenko- 50
Auston Matthews- 50
Viktor Arvidsson- 50
Blake Wheeler- 49
Mikko Rantanen- 49
Alexander Radulov- 49

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Arvi is usually screening the goalie on the PP. If he worked on tipping the puck, he could have more PP points. I want Johansen to start shooting more as well. He passes up waaaay too many open looks.
He has to understand you have 2 players that are good at fixing the puck. Shot more, more rebounds for Forsberg and arvi to slam home.
On another note I'm so ready to see what Ellis is gonna sign for and get this season started.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Wow. So if the cap doesn't move at ALL next season, the team will have $15M in cap space in the 2019 off-season, needing UFA contracts for Rinne and Bitetto, and RFA extensions for Hartman, Sissons, and Fiala. Then the big one, we'll be entering the last season of Josi's deal so they'll be looking to extend him.

I am impressed by what Poile has done with the team's cap space. He has them in a really good position to keep their window open for at least 3-4 years, assuming Saros develops as hoped and Subban doesn't have a sudden drop-off.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Wish I hadn't wasted my time watching that video. Between the constant talk about the Zamboni driver for the first couple minutes to the "Ekholm wasn't good in the playoffs and Johansen needs to be better and more consistent in the playoffs." Like, watch the f***ing games, idiots.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Wish I hadn't wasted my time watching that video. Between the constant talk about the Zamboni driver for the first couple minutes to the "Ekholm wasn't good in the playoffs and Johansen needs to be better and more consistent in the playoffs." Like, watch the ****ing games, idiots.

Yeah the Johansen playoff talk was just baffling. Guy is over PPG for 2 rounds and they say he needs to be better in the playoffs.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
DkzSNiUXcAABkB6.jpg

"... the dog goes one way, the Pike goes the other way, and Arvy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?"

Reactions: Peanut

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Salo is a town in Finland or alternatively a deep forest and Mäki means slope/hill.
But it just might be close enough.

Salmiakki is pretty aight.

Not a fan of licorice, and saltyness is not my thing. I heard the ice cream is good.

Seriously, we need a food export/import program on this group, I got NY, you go Finland.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Salomäki; Hill on a deserted forest area / blackwoods / desert. The only connection to "salmiakki", salty liquorice lies in it's name. And that they both have strong roots in nordic countries, Finland especially.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->