Speculation: Off Season Thread Part II: Wake me up when September ends

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Yeah, Their first line is Skinner-Eichel-Okoposo
Not the best, but also not the worst. I guess my main point is that they’re trending in the right direction. A part of me roots for them. Perhaps because Housley is there. They lost so many close games last year. Same with the Coyotes.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
You're on point here. Would have been a great deal 7-8 years ago. That is a very bad return for a prime (even UFA) Ellis.
Add a pick and/or prospect for trading down and taking bad contracts and we could have some sort of a solution to two problems; expansion draft and depleted prospect pool

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think Poile has had a great offseason but not landing Skinner for what Buffalo got him for makes my head hurt.
Yeah. I think we probably have to give up a 1st because our 1st vs. BUF 2nd... you know. Maybe shave back the other draft picks correspondingly. Who do we have like Pu? It would have been like 1st + Mismash or something? Skinner is a rental, but a full-season rental and young enough to consider re-signing long term. I'd do 1st+ basicallyanyprospectnotnamedTolvanenorFabbro here, gotta say. And Buffalo and Carolina shooting for the same playoff spot so we might even have had an offsetting edge there.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Incidentally... does that set the current market price on any other impending-UFA wingers, like Pacioretty say? I'm not onboard for trading Ellis for a guy like that, but if there's anybody else like that available for a 2nd+B Prospect, well that's another story entirely...

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Incidentally... does that set the current market price on any other impending-UFA wingers, like Pacioretty say? I'm not onboard for trading Ellis for a guy like that, but if there's anybody else like that available for a 2nd+B Prospect, well that's another story entirely...
You gotta figure at some point teams like Montreal are going to start dumping for whatever they can get, they can't let them walk for nothing. Whether it's now or the trade deadline they gotta get something.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Not the best, but also not the worst. I guess my main point is that they’re trending in the right direction. A part of me roots for them. Perhaps because Housley is there. They lost so many close games last year. Same with the Coyotes.

I say this, the Yotes kinda scare me, I am impressed by Buffalo's re-build. I would not be surprised if Buffalo said, "Hey! Reinhart + a swap of a 1st for your 2nd for Ellis." With the Housley connection, I could see Buffalo making a move.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Detelethisaccount

Jul 5, 2013
Reinhart and a 1st for Ellis and a 2nd?

I have been wondering if they would have any interest in Fabbro and 1st for Reinhart? IMO he would be a great addition for us and Buffalo would get a very good RHD prospect which they need.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Is there a new one?
kesler tweeted 2 days ago at 6:38 PM ...

"@RyanJohansen19 How’s summer training going? Want to meet me in the streets before we get going on the ice?"

did i mention i hate these new updates? so hard to post certain things now among other problems. ugh, anyways yeah that was it.

johansen replied with no "@" but it was obvious it was in reply to kesler .. "I'll pay for your parking"

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
kesler handled him well in their fight last year. joey can't fight unfortunately.
hit him in the face with the stick at the faceoff and went down because he tripped on a stick if you watch the fight

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
kesler handled him well in their fight last year. joey can't fight unfortunately.
hit him in the face with the stick at the faceoff and went down because he tripped on a stick if you watch the fight

didn't he also lose to Sam Bennett in a fight? Bennett's not exactly a fighter either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad