2) Campbell
3) Schultz
4) Luke Schenn

Last edited:

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
So, what combination of Hudler, Martin, Campbell, Nielsen, Brouwer, Backes, and Staal is it going to be?

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Welcome to Detroit Staal, and welcome back Brad Stuart! :)

Staal will probably happen, no way Stuart is back though. Holland will give some D out there too much though. I'll predict we see us signing Eric Staal, Jason Demers and resigning Darren Helm.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Nashville has the sexiest D core, my god. That feeling when none of our D would even be in their top 4...

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Please don't make a panic move Kenny, please!!!

We all know it is coming. The only way Holland does nothing in Free agency, is if none of the UFAs want to come here. But if thats the case, Holland will then overpay for useless players.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
From old thread...

I guess I'd still be happy with Okposo. Young enough I think he can be an impact player through this "rebuild on the fly" plan that I hate.

Since the Wings will NOT tank and just leave dead space, I'd be happy getting Loui Eriksson and Staal. Not because it will make the Wings a winner, but because I've always liked them as players and it will make next year more enjoyable.

Basically with the franchise center off the table, I just hope for short deals on guys that I find entertaining. Because if you think AA and Mantha are going to get premier ice time while there's $8 million of dead cap space sitting around, heh, good luck with that.

This off-season could still be salvaged if they get one of the good wingers and then move one of our young wingers for a defender. That's totally cool. But the odds Holland actually swings a deal for the likes of Fowler or Shattenkirk... I don't know. Guy just always feels 2 steps behind the risk takers of the league.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
is Eric Staal actually a real possibility? I thought he was 34 but he's only 31, if it's a 2 or 3 year deal we get him on maybe it's not a horrible thing, surely Holland doesn't want to be burned like he was with the Weiss signing and doesn't plan on throwing out a 5/6 year deal

Eric Staal was terrible on the Rangers. Might be really motivated after that fiasco, so he could end up a decent signing for whoever gets him.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Sign Okposo, and then trade for either RNH or Fowler.

We need a trade now, options in free agency alone aren't going to do us that much.

Seider Town

Aug 9, 2014
USA
Trade one of Nyquist/Tatar and a pick for Fowler, sign Boedker/Ladd to replace the one of Nyquist/Tatar that was traded.

Sign Neilsen, if Neilsen walks take a shot at Stall.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Only ufa I want is Martin, him and Drew Miller seem like they would get along.
You know the video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->