Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Pt VII: Things keep happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I would prefer to give Espinal the utility spot over signing Holt.

I agree. Developing him would be nice.

But I only bring up Holt as it is a nice option on the bench that can play everywhere on diamond. Espinola is confided to 3rd, SS, and 2B. Doesnt have experience in the OF.

Maybe having both of them is too much, its one or the other. But if the Jays are looking for more flexibility and experience he is the way to go.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I really like Sogard, would love to bring him back with his lefty bat. Minor league deal again.

That would be a nice pickup as well. It is a player as such that will make difference on the bench. And these type of players will be available closer to Spring Training. I wouldnt be against bringing back Panik as well. He plays INF and OF and is a LHB as well. Dont be surprised if he is brought back. Discussions are happening with him. Montoyo fav.

Last edited:

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
That would be a nice pickup as well. It is a player as such that will make difference on the bench. And these type of players will be available closer to Spring Training. I wouldnt be against bringing back Panik as well. He plays INF and OF and is a LHB as well.

upload_2021-2-12_10-59-21.png

And just as I posted my thoughts. Boom. Panik is signed. Hmmmm?

Reactions: smitty10

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I would prefer to give Espinal the utility spot over signing Holt.
Very much agree. I think those five bench options are plenty versatile already to cover the teams needs, plus the ‘starters’ - with the exception of Tellez and the C’s - are all pretty versatile in their own right.
Maybe a guy or two on minor league deals for depth - unless there’s a trade to tidy up the rotation.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
View attachment 395527

And just as I posted my thoughts. Boom. Panik is signed. Hmmmm?

I don’t understand what you are looking for with this sort of post.

You tossed a large amount of names out there, now youre looking for gratitude and praise?

Did you get vetted?

Because your last few posts of “I told you so” certainly indicates you have been.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I agree. Developing him would be nice.

But I only bring up Holt as it is a nice option on the bench that can play everywhere on diamond. Espinola is confided to 3rd, SS, and 2B. Doesnt have experience in the OF.

Maybe having both of them is too much, its one or the other. But if the Jays are looking for more flexibility and experience he is the way to go.

Espinal played a dozen games at CF in AA in 2019. It's not much, but I think they were clearly grooming him as a utility guy to play everywhere. Plus if they brought a different utility guy in, he would likely be behind all of Springer, Teoscar, Gurriel, Grichuk, and Biggio on the OF depth chart. Maybe Davis too, depending what happens with him.

Reactions: aingefan

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

You tossed a large amount of names out there, now youre looking for gratitude and praise?

Did you get vetted?

Because your last few posts of “I told you so” certainly indicates you have been.

Yeah, "I expect them to get rid of Fisher" wasn't exactly going out on a limb, either.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I like signing Panik more than I did last year because he shouldn't be needed as the backup SS this time around.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017

Did you get vetted?

I was vetted and told that if I couldnt forward sources to make my posts vague. So I have been. I didnt state Fisher was being DFA'd. I stated dont be surprised if he was. And he was.

I didnt say that Panik was going to be signed. But I stated I wouldnt mind him coming back. And 4 minutes later it was announced that he was.

I am not saying that I have legitimate sources. Im just saying that things I "suggested" are happening. Not backed by any sources. I never stated I had any sources in any of my recent posts.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Insufferable poster the last few years to insufferable poster with pretend knowledge made me finally hit the ignore button. Now this thread seems to just be people questioning the sanity of a blank post.

I don't mind Panik being back, but I'm hoping Montoyo doesn't use him as basically a regular again.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Passan Tweet: 10:55
BlueForever75 Edit: 10:59

Changed it to say discussions are happening after the signing was confirmed.

Your right I did edit my post after Passan released signing. But my original post of Panik was prior to Passan. I never said he would be signed, just that I liked the signing. Only because I am not allowed to say things like that. I have been warned and told. Cannot say things unless I reveal sources.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Espinal played a dozen games at CF in AA in 2019. It's not much, but I think they were clearly grooming him as a utility guy to play everywhere. Plus if they brought a different utility guy in, he would likely be behind all of Springer, Teoscar, Gurriel, Grichuk, and Biggio on the OF depth chart. Maybe Davis too, depending what happens with him.
I like Espinal is in UTIL role, he’s just a good ball player all around. Nothing amazing about him, nothing bad about him. I’m confident he could add OF to his resume with a few reps.
Like, Cavan Biggio lite.
That’s what I see in Palacios too, but the OF only version.

Reactions: Discoverer

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
I was vetted and told that if I couldnt forward sources to make my posts vague. So I have been. I didnt state Fisher was being DFA'd. I stated dont be surprised if he was. And he was.

I didnt say that Panik was going to be signed. But I stated I wouldnt mind him coming back. And 4 minutes later it was announced that he was.

I am not saying that I have legitimate sources. Im just saying that things I "suggested" are happening. Not backed by any sources. I never stated I had any sources in any of my recent posts.

So you haven’t been vetted.

In that case, being vague is fine, and suggesting is fine.

But some of your posts don’t have that, you are posting as in its a FACT with your “insider” info.

If you also refuse to get vetted, then don’t make those crying for attention “I told you it was going to happen!!!” posts because you didn’t call it.

You may have suggested it, but you didn’t call it.

Let others decide what you are by the quality of suggestions you post, and not these posts where you are almost seeking gratitude by pointing out the Jays signed one of a large list of utility players they were likely to sign, or DFA the player clearly on the outs.

Simply put, you are NOT vetted, don’t post in fact and don’t go looking for praise when your “suggestions” are correct.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Your right I did edit my post after Passan released signing. But my original post of Panik was prior to Passan. I never said he would be signed, just that I liked the signing. Only because I am not allowed to say things like that. I have been warned and told. Cannot say things unless I reveal sources.

You don't see how you saying "discussions are happening" is an attempt to make it sound like you have a source?

You can imply that you have sources (as you've clearly been doing lately) without saying "Sources tell me..."

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto

Why did you change it after the signing was confirmed though?

It appears as if it was to make it look like you made a stronger assertion about the signing after it was confirmed.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Insufferable poster the last few years to insufferable poster with pretend knowledge made me finally hit the ignore button. Now this thread seems to just be people questioning the sanity of a blank post.

I don't mind Panik being back, but I'm hoping Montoyo doesn't use him as basically a regular again.
I think he is the safety net if guerrero (guaranteed) or biggio cant handle 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad