Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Pt V: Spring(er) has Sprung: Jays sign OF George Springer (6y/$150m)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Not sure how well Hendricks will do in the AL East.

I would be lying if I didn't have the same concern to some extent, but at the same time we've seen a bunch of soft-tossers flourish with the Jays in recent years: Ryu is obviously awesome, Estrada dominated for a couple years out of nowhere, Buehrle didn't drop off at all after coming over from Miami... even with some decline factored in, I would expect Hendricks to provide reliable, above-average innings.

Reactions: Sparrowtrini

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I wont jump on you like others but I'm curious, is your source connected with MLB or are they part of the media?

Moresi reporting on MLB network that the Jays have had recent discussions with the Cubs regarding Bryant. That would be a huge get and one would assume if that's the case, it'll be a bigger deal including Hendricks as well

This could be one to the calls that transpired yesterday afternoon but I have no confirmation as of yet. But it would be impressive if the Jays could somehow bring Bryant in. I think like the Lindor deal that ended up not going down. This will heavily depend on the Jays and Bryant being able to strike an extension as part of deal. If Bryant insists on trying out the market next season as Lindor did, the Jays will turn their attention to another deal if possible. This is where I think a deal with the Reds is being discussed in parallel.

The Jays have some irons in the fire and it doesnt seem like right now it has anything to do with Realmuto or Bauer, but acquiring and INF type and second tier starter.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I wont jump on you like others but I'm curious, is your source connected with MLB or are they part of the media?

I cannot reveal where the source is, but I will tell you that your right in some capacity that you mentioned. Let's just say its someone that has ears to ground very close in capacity to the Blue Jays specifically.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I would be lying if I didn't have the same concern to some extent, but at the same time we've seen a bunch of soft-tossers flourish with the Jays in recent years: Ryu is obviously awesome, Estrada dominated for a couple years out of nowhere, Buehrle didn't drop off at all after coming over from Miami... even with some decline factored in, I would expect Hendricks to provide reliable, above-average innings.

I totally agree with your assessment. The Jays are looking for proven arms and the NL Central hasnt exactly been a weak division over the past 5 years. Although teams like the Brewers, Reds and Cardinals aren't elite they do have their lineup strengths. And Hendricks has proven himself over the years to be able to handle them with consistency.

Starters like Hendricks and Gray may look to be shaky in the AL East if acquired but in the end the two would be a definite upgrade to rotation on what we had last season and have penciled in today to start this season.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017

Lol. Sid is a great host with great views on sports and general happenings around the city and world. He is a definite great add to BT and I congratulate him on his move and wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.

He will be missed.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
I cannot reveal where the source is, but I will tell you that your right in some capacity that you mentioned. Let's just say its someone that has ears to ground very close in capacity to the Blue Jays specifically.

Ok I have seen enough.

If mods are not all over this guy now looking for his personal information, employment, his connections name(s) and their employment in order to Vet him then shame on this boards leadership.

I had to express all of that just to throw things out there for discussion purposes. Not sure why it is different now.

He either needs to be vetted or these types of posts removed.

Throwing out time specifics and such detail is both dangerous and exposing to the poster and source. People get canned on the regular for leaks, but to each their own if thats how he wishes to approach things.

If he has indeed been vetted then please mods express it so people can stop giving him crap.

Not saying its crap, or not.

Just saying if we are going down this path, make it easy on the poster and the members of this board and put your stamp of approval on it.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Lol. Sid is a great host with great views on sports and general happenings around the city and world. He is a definite great add to BT and I congratulate him on his move and wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.

He will be missed.
Not by me. I thought his takes and rants were obnoxious and cringe. Best of luck but I don't think his personality fits on a show like BT.

Reactions: Auston 316

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Ok I have seen enough.

If mods are not all over this guy now looking for his personal information, employment, his connections name(s) and their employment in order to Vet him then shame on this boards leadership.

I had to express all of that just to throw things out there for discussion purposes. Not sure why it is different now.

He either needs to be vetted or these types of posts removed.

Throwing out time specifics and such detail is both dangerous and exposing to the poster and source. People get canned on the regular for leaks, but to each their own if thats how he wishes to approach things.

If he has indeed been vetted then please mods express it so people can stop giving him crap.

Not saying its crap, or not.

Just saying if we are going down this path, make it easy on the poster and the members of this board and put your stamp of approval on it.

Im sorry Chuck for upsetting you. I will discontinue posting anything I hear. My apologies for anything I may have caused. Im not here to cause issues.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Not by me. I thought his takes and rants were obnoxious and cringe. Best of luck but I don't think his personality fits on a show like BT.

I understand, he isnt for everyone. But some his takes on things, although over the top at times were spot on. But I can see how he isnt for everyone. As Don Cherry wasnt. And I by no means am comparing the 2. One is a legend.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Im sorry Chuck for upsetting you. I will discontinue posting anything I hear. My apologies for anything I may have caused. Im not here to cause issues.

Its about the process I had to go through, and thus you should be doing the same.

Im not sure why this has been allowed to go to the lengths it has.

If you want to post this type of information and want to boast about how accurate you are then you wont have issues going thru the vetting process, and then the mods will support your posts and will have less resistance on this board from other members.

Not to deter you to stop posting as everyone enjoys posts like yours, but there is a protocol which several members have gone through.

It makes it easy on you, the members and board in general if you want to continue to post information, which is always gladly appreciated.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Its about the process I had to go through, and thus you should be doing the same.

Im not sure why this has been allowed to go to the lengths it has.

If you want to post this type of information and want to boast about how accurate you are then you wont have issues going thru the vetting process, and then the mods will support your posts and will have less resistance on this board from other members.

Not to deter you to stop posting as everyone enjoys posts like yours, but there is a protocol which several members have gone through.

It makes it easy on you, the members and board in general if you want to continue to post information, which is always gladly appreciated.

Chuck, you're right. Nem and I (who are the predominant mods in the thread) have not been giving this the attention it should. We appreciate the insider info if it is indeed legit, but it's really gotten out of hand here so we'll take this to PM's with BF75 and hash it out.

I'm going to lock this thread and start a new one from scratch to get us a clean slate.

Reactions: ChuckWoods
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad