Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Madness the 15th: How's that dream job now, Farrell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I wonder why the Astros DFA'd Storey. Everything I'm looking at is very promising. Was he injured at some point?

26yr/o righty.

2011-2012 with Astros (AAA): 74.1IP, 3.52ERA, 3.61FIP, 9.28k/9. 2.81bb/9
2012 with Astros (MLB): 30IP, 3.86ERA, 2.80FIP, 10.09k/9, 2.97bb/9

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Apparently we just have a team made up of last place players so I bet he doesn't care!

There was a good post near the end of the last topic about Rogers being happy that the Jays are now relevant while TSN has no comparable summer product. That is 10000% true.

Also this topic needs more love for the greatest Blue Jay to wear 15...Alex Rios! (come at me Moseby/Green)

AndMat*

Apparently we just have a team made up of last place players so I bet he doesn't care!

There was a good post near the end of the last topic about Rogers being happy that the Jays are now relevant while TSN has no comparable summer product. That is 10000% true.

Also this topic needs more love for the greatest Blue Jay to wear 15...Alex Rios! (come at me Moseby/Green)

Since when was tsn ever good?

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
The problem with your list is that it is subjective.

I don't think Avila, Hanigan (not even close), or Martin had better season's than JP. I think he is about exactly an average offensive catcher with high potential because of his above average power.

Martin: More home runs, better OBP, OPS, fewer strike outs. What am I missing?

Avila: Better AVG, better OBP, better OPS, fewer strike outs. Again, what am I missing?

Hanigan: Sorry, but he's got a nearly 100 point better OBP. So yes, it might be close; but if you value OBP more than SLG (which, mathematically it is like 1.8X more important), Hanigan had a better year. Again, what am I missing?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, doing a quick one over of Storey.. I can't see why the Astros waived him. Young pitcher with decent numbers. Doesn't make any sense to me.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

42ee2c76-75d9-48cb-9fa7-3547e36d48ed.jpg

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
In regard to the whole Farrell thing, I genuinely believe the best response is a non-response. He left. Good riddance. We've got a contender to watch and think about. Not some pitching coach turned sub .500 manager.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
In regard to the whole Farrell thing, I genuinely believe the best response is a non-response. He left. Good riddance. We've got a contender to watch and think about. Not some pitching coach turned sub .500 manager.

April 5th is going to be a hilarious day.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008

Agreed with everything about this post.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

Agreed. I didn't think he was the best manager. He seems like a good person. He had the opportunity to get his dream job so I do not blame him. I would have done the same thing.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Just saw Freebirds post in the last thread.

Add Tavares, Price, RNH, Yakopuv and Hall to the Leafs. Are they contenders?

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
Agreed. I didn't think he was the best manager. He seems like a good person. He had the opportunity to get his dream job so I do not blame him. I would have done the same thing.

I have nothing but disdain for a man who signs a contract then asks to be released from it for no other reason than 'my dream job is open'; knowing full well that the very act of asking basically forces the hand of the organization (you're going to keep around a manager who has just admitted he'd rather be elsewhere?) that gave you your first chance to manage in the show.

That being said, it isn't like we just lost Sweet Lou. Farrell isn't worthy of a significant emotional response.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
I wonder why the Astros DFA'd Storey. Everything I'm looking at is very promising. Was he injured at some point?

26yr/o righty.

2011-2012 with Astros (AAA): 74.1IP, 3.52ERA, 3.61FIP, 9.28k/9. 2.81bb/9
2012 with Astros (MLB): 30IP, 3.86ERA, 2.80FIP, 10.09k/9, 2.97bb/9

He doesn't throw hard. Perhaps the team wasn't impressed with his stuff and maybe Astros have enough bullpen arms and he is likely out of options so that makes him an odd man out. A good waiver claim for the Jays. It might be hard to sneak him down to Buffalo but worth a shot anyways since their last 40 man roster spot was open.

GoHardSports

TorontoMarleauLeafs
Feb 22, 2010
Vaughan
Pretty bored, so I thought we could do a player by player comparison of why we'll win the AL East. Each player gets 5 points for being the best player in the division, 4 points for being the 2nd best, ect, ect, ect. If anyone has any different opinions, feel free to chime in. I picked the player by asking the question, "of the 5 players in our division at that position, who would I want the most if I wanted to win the world series THIS YEAR?" This may be flawed, but its a different way of looking at things in the East.

Lets start with the rotations:

#1) Price>Dickey>Sabathia>Lester>Hammels
#2) Johnson>Kuroda>Hellickson>Bucholz>Tillman
#3) Morrow>Moore>Pettite>Dempster>Chen
#4) Buehrle>Nova>Cobb>Doubront>Gonzalez
#5) Romero>Hughes>Matusz>Niemann>Lackey

Jays: 24/25
Rays: 17/25
Yankees: 18/25
Red Sox: 9/25
Orioles: 7/25

I gotta go out now, but ill do the lineups later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->