Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Madness the 10th: Melk Man Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Watch AA pull a rabbit out of his ass and get Wright!! Hahaha.

You think I'm kidding...(yes I know we have Lawrie.)

Edit: I love JP bit I would be so friggin happy if it was him going in the trade. So happy

Come on. We could always move Lawrie to 2B or DH Wright ;)

Scion

May 25, 2012
I remember using Napster while on Netscape. Used to download songs overnight because they each took six hours.

Hilarious how much everything's advanced in 15 years...

That reminds me of my old music downloading software (Kazaa IIRC), it used to take close to 30 mins to download a song, and god forbid you tried to download a music video.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
LOL

While were on the subject of random memories pertaining to the internet, did anyone else have dial up growing up? I can honestly I do not miss it, it was the worst...

I'm 35 and had one friend in high school that had the internet. The only place I ever heard the scream of dial up. You also couldn't pick up the phone if you were on the internet or it would go dead.

Scion

May 25, 2012
Yeap. Add 3 brothers to the mix and it was hell on earth fighting for computer time. :laugh:

HAHA, I know exactly what you mean I have 3 siblings, and back then it was uncommon to have more than one computer in your house-hold.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
LOL

While were on the subject of random memories pertaining to the internet, did anyone else have dial up growing up? I can honestly I do not miss it, it was the worst...

I started with a 1200 baud modem.

Scion

May 25, 2012
I'm 35 and had one friend in high school that had the internet. The only place I ever heard the scream of dial up. You also couldn't pick up the phone if you were on the internet or it would go dead.

It was awful, the connection was slow, and would routinely die. Trying to load a site alone took 2 minutes on a good day, on a bad day it wasn't even useable.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I like how we morphed this thread into an oldschool technology thread. I think I actually prefer it to what's been going on all day. Kudos Scion. Kudos. Hahaha.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
:laugh: I had dial-up till early 2007.

My parents didn't get their first computer for about 10 years after I moved away. I didn't have my own computer until I was in my mid 20's and even then only really used it for invoicing for my business. I'm happy that I never had to deal with dial up.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
My first ISP was AOL. I remember having a call-waiting program with it that would pop up on screen if someone was calling so I could decide to take it or not. Sadly when I was playing Everquest (pre-WoW MMO. Basically WoW before WoW) the call waiting program would crash the game. :laugh:

I don't miss dial-up, but I almost kind of miss the modem connection noise.

I love dickey but...

Why not sign loshe and save the assets

Loshe is horribly overrated this off season and would get destroyed in the AL east.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
My first ISP was AOL. I remember having a call-waiting program with it that would pop up on screen if someone was calling so I could decide to take it or not. Sadly when I was playing Everquest (pre-WoW MMO. Basically WoW before WoW) the call waiting program would crash the game. :laugh:

I don't miss dial-up, but I almost kind of miss the modem connection noise.

Loshe is horribly overrated this off season and would get destroyed in the AL east.

Sign Sanchez? (I know he's signed, but would it make more sense to spend a bunch of dough on a guy like Anibal and save the assets?)

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I had an external 2400 k baud modem on an old IBM 286 with a burned in image on the monitor and used to play word based RPGs (LORD was awesome) on BBS systems. Ahh the good ole days. FYI I'm 32 lol.. :yo:

I remember the BBSs well. We had multiple computers, but the one I used for BBS couldn't run Trumpet. The one that ran the internet was a 2400 baud (5 mins plus to open a single page).

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I have no idea how I am going to sleep. Probably lots of alcohol.

Stupid leaks coming out of the Mets front office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->