Celtics/NBA Off-Season/Draft - Celtics complete sign-and-trade, send Gordon Hayward to Hornets

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What baggage- His girlfriend? Well you’re unfortunately probably gonna hear about Khloe, not much he can do about it other than break up with her. If you’re talking about him cheating on Khloe then every nba team has A LOT of baggage. Outside of the kardashian stuff he’s been a positive influence on the community- does a lot of work on behalf of raising money for epilepsy research.

If it doesn’t impact his play I personally do not give a shit who he is dating

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
What baggage- His girlfriend? Well you’re unfortunately probably gonna hear about Khloe, not much he can do about it other than break up with her. If you’re talking about him cheating on Khloe then every nba team has A LOT of baggage. Outside of the kardashian stuff he’s been a positive influence on the community- does a lot of work on behalf of raising money for epilepsy research.

If it doesn’t impact his play I personally do not give a shit who he is dating
Yea I really don't need to hear about Khloe or any of the Kardashians during his time in Boston. Keep that nonsense private. I legit can't stand that family even tho Khloe is the most tolerable of them all.

I'd love to hear all about his charity work especially epilepsy education and treatment. IMO, epilepsy is not covered enough.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
The entire “he shouldve traded him to the pacers Ainge held out too long! he definitely would’ve taken less to play there!” argument kinda falls apart when he didn’t take less to play there and chose a franchise like the hornets over the pacers lol
He couldnt sign their cause they didnt have the cap room. He needed Ainge to sign and trade him there. Ainge completely over played the leverage he had.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He couldnt sign their cause they didnt have the cap room. He needed Ainge to sign and trade him there. Ainge completely over played the leverage he had.

Hayward just signed without the hornets officially clearing cap yet.

he didn’t sign with the pacers. He chose the hornets offer over their offer, probably because it was a lot more in terms of years AND money. There was no deal to make. The pacers can also try and clear by going to other teams FYI

I’m not going in circles with you again and again on something you absolutely have zero willingness to accept despite being 100% incorrect

They did not put forth an offer Hayward valued more than the Pacers offer. Fact. End of discussion.

Last edited:

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Hayward just signed without the hornets officially clearing cap yet.

he didn’t sign with the pacers. He chose the hornets offer over their offer, probably because it was a lot more. There was no deal to make. The pacers can also try and clear by going to other teams FYI

I’m not going in circles with you again and again on something you absolutely have zero willingness to accept despite being 100% incorrect
Right because you are allowed I believe to go over the cap a certain amount and then clear that space. Hornets need to clear roughly $9 million. The Pacers were already over the cap by a significant amount so the only way they could Hayward was in a sign and trade by matching salaries.

Every report from the pacers deal is that Ainge couldnt agree to a deal.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah you just don’t get it.

I’m showing you literal nba experts telling you this isn’t how it works. And still, nothing. I’m done

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
ok so you don’t have numbers. Your claim is that Gordon Hayward is a net negative player despite the team being at its best offensively with him on the court
Hes was the definition of a negative player. There record was always better without him on the court. Also offense is only half the game. He never fit well on the team

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Yeah you just don’t get it.

I’m showing you literal nba experts telling you this isn’t how it works. And still, nothing
How could the Pacers clear enough cap to sign Hayward? The only way was through a sign and trade

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hes was the definition of a negative player. There record was always better without him on the court. Also offense is only half the game. He never fit well on the team

He had a better offense/defense differential per 100 possessions than any of the other cornerstones of the team. They quite literally were at their best when he was on the court healthy.

and by trading with another team. Or waiving guys and stretching them. But guess what? IT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE THEY DIDNT COME CLOSE TO CHARLOTTES OFFER. But again you’re not listening to league experts that know more than you so there is no point in exchanging with you any further on this matter ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
He had a better offense/defense differential per 100 possessions than any of the other cornerstones of the team. They quite literally were at their best when he was on the court healthy.
Then why didnt they win?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Then why didnt they win?

uhhh because other lineup combinations did not play well and it’s a team game? Other players might have been hurt? A million other variables that you aren’t quantifying?

Plz stop. They looked great when he was healthy last year. This is not my opinion.

is he a net negative or is he a valuable asset that Ainge f***ed up? Can’t have it both ways

But again I’m officially done. On to the pats

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
uhhh because other lineup combinations did not play well and it’s a team game? Other players might have been hurt? A million other variables that you aren’t quantifying?

Plz stop. They looked great when he was healthy last year. This is not my opinion.

is he a net negative or is he a valuable asset that Ainge f***ed up? Can’t have it both ways

But again I’m officially done. On to the pats
He wasnt a fit here. Thats my point. He's a good little player but couldnt stay healthy or find his role. I aslo think he is being overrated. Danny was holding out for more than he's worth

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
For what it's worth:

2019-20 Tristan Thompson (per 100 possessions)
19.3 points
16.3 rebounds
1.4 blocked shots
3.4 assists
2020-21 salary: ~$9.5 million

2019-20 Myles Turner (per 100 possessions)
19.9 points
10.8 rebounds
3.5 blocked shots
1.9 assist
2020-21 salary: $18.0 million

And that, boys and girls, is why Myles Turner plus filler was a non-starter for the Celtics.
This isnt a good comparison because acquiring Turner would have been via trade for Hayward. They actually could have had both Turner and Thompson

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He wasnt a fit here. Thats my point. He's a good little player but couldnt stay healthy or find his role. I aslo think he is being overrated. Danny was holding out for more than he's worth

well he’s worth 120 mill, which Indiana didn’t offer him so your point is crap ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
well he’s worth 120 mill, which Indiana didn’t offer him so your point is crap ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Its really moot what Indiana could or did offer him because the two clubs couldnt agree on a trade. Youre treating this like Indiana had $40 million in cap space

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Holy shit, you’ll never get it. Again. If you aren’t believing league experts that this is not how any of this works then you’re not gonna believe me so it’s pointless. You can have last word. Take it. By all means.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Holy shit, you’ll never get it.
I dont think you get it. The guy bought a mansion in Indiana. Has said he wanted to go to back home. Turned down $33 million to go back home, but in your eyes he was just after the money.

This wasnt FA, the only way he could get to Indiana is with the Celtics help. After it was clear Danny wasnt going to move him to Indiana, it made sense to go the highest bidder

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
I dont think you get it. The guy bought a mansion in Indiana. Has said he wanted to go to back home. Turned down $33 million to go back home, but in your eyes he was just after the money.

This wasnt FA, the only way he could get to Indiana is with the Celtics help. After it was clear Danny wasnt going to move him to Indiana, it made sense to go the highest bidder

you're creating a narrative for yourself to shit on Danny. we don't know what Indiana was willing to pay and what killed the deal.

Reactions: Alicat and CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad