Celtics/NBA Off-Season/Draft - Celtics complete sign-and-trade, send Gordon Hayward to Hornets

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Not gonna sit here and tell you it doesn’t suck that he just walked for nothing but:

1) I feel like they’ve been without him most of the time anyway and they played fine. Beat some good teams in the playoffs without him. Heck some fans think they’re better without him.

2) we can’t really do much if another organization wants to be a kamikaze and sign our free agent with an injury history on the wrong side of 30 for what amounts to $40 mill a year out of their pockets

I also don’t think they are winning this year anyway, with or without Hayward. It kind of let’s us put all of our eggs into the Tatum/Brown timeline instead of trying to juggle the Kemba/Hayward and Tatum/Brown timeline all at once

Agree.

But unless you are handing the title to LA we are in that group of teams who can win. Sucks Miami caught fire and played out of their minds because we play LA far better than they did and possibly win a 7 game series.

I think we have 3 players better than Kemba and Hayward in Brown/Tatum/Smart. I don't think we need a star.

Just think it comes down to how good of a big can we get to replace Kanter and you neet a vet that doesn't suck to replace Semi who was bad to help the second unit which stunk last year. I feel the young guys will do well. Our second unit one way or another will be better.

Reactions: CDJ

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
To be fair to Robyn, being in a new town with 3 kids by yourself in a big house, I too would be scared. So I dont seem to see the problem with what she said. When pregnant with the son, fans were terrible to her. I wish them all well. I wish it would of worked out here

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Wanamaker to the Warriors. Perfect fit for him, he's great on catch and shoot opportunities but not much else. With the warriors he'll be a off ball 2 guard more often which is really what he should be in the nba

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Tristan Thompson's a nice fit with the Celtics.

Celtics still have the Bi-Annual Exception and a couple of trade exceptions they can use to fill out their roster.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Something interesting about Thompson- he started shooting 3’s a little bit last year and actually shot them well. We’ll see if that trend continues and he starts to take 1-2 a game. Underrated passer for a big too

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Tristan is a really good addition. The Celtics need depth scoring and rebounding. Obviously they aren’t done, this is a good start given the Hayward mess

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
For what it's worth:

2019-20 Tristan Thompson (per 100 possessions)
19.3 points
16.3 rebounds
1.4 blocked shots
3.4 assists
2020-21 salary: ~$9.5 million

2019-20 Myles Turner (per 100 possessions)
19.9 points
10.8 rebounds
3.5 blocked shots
1.9 assist
2020-21 salary: $18.0 million

And that, boys and girls, is why Myles Turner plus filler was a non-starter for the Celtics.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
What does Charlotte have that we could want?
Nothing. If a trade goes down, I'd think it would look something like this...

To Charlotte:
F Gordon Hayward
Future 2nd round draft pick

To Boston:
Top 58-protected future 2nd round draft pick
$30 million trade exception

Why would the Celtics do this? Because they could then use that $30 million trade exception to acquire a player. For instance, they could throw a crap ton of money at someone like Bogdan Bogdanovic to work out their own sign-and-trade.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Love the Teague pick up

and now we may have an exception coming????? Started from the bottom now we here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad