Celtics/NBA Off-Season/Draft - Celtics complete sign-and-trade, send Gordon Hayward to Hornets

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Didnt get enough? They go nothing lol. Turner was on the table and Aingw was being greedy. You were cheering Danny on last night because he was " puttint his balls on the table". The hold up from every report was Danny wanting more from Indiana

I don’t think you fundamentally grasp the concept of free agency.

IF HAYWARD DOES NOT SIGN PEN TO PAPER WITH INDIANA IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT INDIANA OFFERED.

Hayward was clearly evaluating all of his options (like reports at the end of the night/early morning said) and he came to a decision on one where Danny had no leverage. Had Indiana really been a big deal to Hayward Ainge had all the leverage in the world and shouldn’t settle for whatever Indiana feels generous enough to give them. But being close to home was clearly was not the deciding factor for Gordon, now was it?

So in other words your complaining is complete and utter bullshit unless you know Hayward would have accepted a lot less to play in Indiana (which he wouldn’t have done, because he would have just done it)

It’s just a bunch of speculation rooted in crap and a lack of understanding of the situation. And it’s tiresome.

plz plz plz do not come back with “he should have traded him before free agency” because that’s just downright stupid and unrealistic. No team would do that when hes going to hit the market days later and see what’s out there.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Hayward's wife's leaving statement couldn't have been funnier either. Not even a slight mention towards the organization or fans but those people at the cheese shop and cops, wonderful people. Whole thing just screams rich people privilege
All the fans telling her she needed to induce labor before the playoffs started, probably didnt get sit well with her

Reactions: Mione134

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I don’t think you fundamentally grasp the concept of free agency.

IF HAYWARD DOES NOT SIGN PEN TO PAPER WITH INDIANA IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT INDIANA OFFERED.

Hayward was clearly evaluating all of his options (like reports at the end of the night/early morning said) and he came to a decision on one where Danny had no leverage. Had Indiana really been a big deal to Hayward Ainge had all the leverage in the world and shouldn’t settle for whatever Indiana feels generous enough to give them. But being close to home was clearly was not the deciding factor for Gordon.

So in other words your complaining is complete and utter bullshit unless you know Hayward would have accepted a lot less to play in Indiana (which he wouldn’t have done, because he would have just done it)
He cant sign the deal if the trade is not agreed upon. What are you talking about? Why can't you admit.that Danny bungled this?

Haywards camp all said they thought the deal was done with Indiana. That the deal would be done before he even opted out. Hayward wouldnt have even been considering Charlotte if the Indiana deal went through.

Their are reports that his family had already moved to Indiana.

Do you just not read the reporting or think they are lying?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The entire “he shouldve traded him to the pacers Ainge held out too long! he definitely would’ve taken less to play there!” argument kinda falls apart when he didn’t take less to play there and chose a franchise like the hornets over the pacers lol

Reactions: Smitty93

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
The entire “he shouldve traded him to the pacers Ainge held out too long! he definitely would’ve taken less to play there!” argument kinda falls apart when he didn’t take less to play there and chose a franchise like the hornets over the pacers lol

If Danny makes a deal with Indiana of Turner + smaller piece (I’d even take Turner straight up for him) for Hayward and then Indiana offers him something like $25m/yr back on Thursday I’d say that deal gets done. That’s why I think Ainge f***ed it up.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He cant sign the deal if the trade is not agreed upon. What are you talking about? Why can't you admit.that Danny bungled this?

Haywards camp all said they thought the deal was done with Indiana. That the deal would be done before he even opted out. Hayward wouldnt have even been considering Charlotte unless the Indiana deal fell through.

Their are reports that his family had already moved to Indiana.

Do you just not read the reporting or think they are lying?

You realize that they negotiate with other teams, agree on the contract, and then do the sign and trade to swap salaries right? And you realize that the pacers and him never agreed on a contract, right? Like every expert said he was considering all of his options, the pacers were just a front runner

And by all means please show me where Hayward’s camp ever said a deal with Indiana is done. Also I’m pretty sure he already had houses there considering it’s where all his family is. His family also clearly likes Charlotte since you know HE ACTUALLY SIGNED THERE TWICE.

You are literally telling me he wouldn’t consider signing in a place where he already signed as a restricted free agent

You’re quite literally delusional and just choosing the reality you want so you can cry about Ainge

I’m not gonna continue this as there isn’t much more that can be said on my end. But nothing you’re saying is grounded in reality.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If Danny makes a deal with Indiana of Turner + smaller piece (I’d even take Turner straight up for him) for Hayward and then Indiana offers him something like $25m/yr back on Thursday I’d say that deal gets done. That’s why I think Ainge f***ed it up.

I wouldn’t say that, I’d say he hits the market and sees what he could get because why the f*** wouldn’t you if you’re a day away? If the pacers come close to whoever is the top offer then he could go play for them. If they didn’t he could reevaluate. And the pacers clearly didn’t, because he’s not a pacer now

Again, being a pacer wasn’t the biggest of deals to him. If it was he would be one.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
You realize that they negotiate with other teams, agree on the contract, and then do the sign and trade to swap salaries right? And you realize that the pacers and him never agreed on a contract, right? Like every expert said he was considering all of his options, the pacers were just a front runner

And by all means please show me where Hayward’s camp ever said a deal with Indiana is done. Also I’m pretty sure he already had houses there considering it’s where all his family is. His family also clearly likes Charlotte since you know HE ACTUALLY SIGNED THERE TWICE.

You are literally telling me he wouldn’t consider signing in a place where he already signed as a restricted free agent

You’re quite literally delusional and just choosing the reality you want so you can cry about Ainge

I’m not gonna continue this as there isn’t much more that can be said on my end. But nothing you’re saying is grounded in reality.

Everything I said has been reported by nba reporters. It doesnt get anymore grounded in reality. Hayward cant sign the deal until the trade is agreed upon.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Everything I said has been reported by nba reporters. It doesnt get anymore grounded in reality. Hayward cant sign the deal until the trade is agreed upon.

They can absolutely sign, the team just needs to clear cap and the easiest way is to do a sign and trade with the team losing the free agent. Hell the Hornets just signed him when they were over the cap! Theyre just gonna stretch Batum to accommodate that. This isn’t like the NHL free agency window where teams trade for draft rights and then hope and pray they sign him

All the experts said he was weighing his options and that he wasn’t making a decision last night, many just felt like the pacers were the front runner. They clearly were not. The hornets wanted him a lot more.

I know this because the Hornets offered him an insane contract and he signed there and he did not sign with Indiana when he had the opportunity. Also I’m pretty sure if the pacers really wanted him they could sign him and work a trade elsewhere to dump salary.

also people need to not get their hopes up so much on NBA rumors, the leagues a circus. Anything can happen at any time, teams lie, agents lie.

I clearly was not done posting lol

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Hayward's wifes leaving statement couldn't have been funnier either. Not even a slight mention towards the organization or fans but those people at the cheese shop and cops, wonderful people. Whole thing just screams rich people privilege

Screen-Shot-2020-11-21-at-3.02.13-PM.png

The cops checked up on her everyday ???? :amazed:

Reactions: HustleB

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not gonna sit here and tell you it doesn’t suck that he just walked for nothing but:

1) I feel like they’ve been without him most of the time anyway and they played fine. Beat some good teams in the playoffs without him. Heck some fans think they’re better without him.

2) we can’t really do much if another organization wants to be a kamikaze and sign our free agent with an injury history on the wrong side of 30 for what amounts to $40 mill a year out of their pockets

I also don’t think they are winning this year anyway, with or without Hayward. It kind of let’s us put all of our eggs into the Tatum/Brown timeline instead of trying to juggle the Kemba/Hayward and Tatum/Brown timeline all at once

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I wouldn’t say that, I’d say he hits the market and sees what he could get because why the f*** wouldn’t you if you’re a day away? If the pacers come close to whoever is the top offer then he could go play for them. If they didn’t he could reevaluate. And the pacers clearly didn’t, because he’s not a pacer now

Again, being a pacer wasn’t the biggest of deals to him. If it was he would be one.

I agree with you I’m just surprised if he wouldn’t have taken a discount in a sign and trade to Indiana. If he was going to test the market regardless I don’t blame Danny and I won’t keep pushing it :laugh:

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I agree with you I’m just surprised if he wouldn’t have taken a discount in a sign and trade to Indiana. If he was going to test the market regardless I don’t blame Danny and I won’t keep pushing it :laugh:

wouldnt shock me if he would take a discount from Indiana, i just think Charlottes offer was in another Galaxy and unless we could have figured out a way to lock Kupchak and MJ in a closet without their phones then there isn’t much we could do about it

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Giles sucks. Baynes has no reason to come back considering Danny dumped him after he opted in and he's a bit injury prone but i would take him over any of the bigs still out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad