Celtics/NBA Off-Season/Draft - Celtics complete sign-and-trade, send Gordon Hayward to Hornets

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
He is in his late 20's, but he's also only been in the NBA for 3 seasons and I've seen improvement in each one. I think it's still within his reach to hit another level.
He definitely is what is he at this point. He's played professional basketball for 10 years. Im not really sure you are going to get anymore out of him at this point. He has a nice role on this team. It would be diminishing returns from him with more minutes or a larger role

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Gotta be honest, the hornets may be the most brain dead franchise ever. With or W/o a S + T

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Myles Turner

200.gif

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Can this trade exception only be used for a one year deal? Or can you sign a FA to a multi year deal at that salary?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Can this trade exception only be used for a one year deal? Or can you sign a FA to a multi year deal at that salary?

I believe they could use it for a S + T next offseason if they so choose, or they can use it to absorb $28.5 mill worth of salary in a deal without having to match salaries (which is huge for us because that means we don’t need to give up a guy like Smart to improve the team)

Edit: altho maybe we can’t use it in a sign and trade next offseason, idk cap rules be crazy

So let’s say Oladipo plays well at the beginning of next year and Indy brass has soured on him a little like there have been whispers about- the Celtics would hypothetically be able to do something like Langford and 2 1sts without having to worry about matching salaries

I bet it’s used next offseason. Either to upgrade or hold a team trying to clear cap for Giannis over a barrel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad