Patriots/NFL Off-Season: Brady Leaving Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
What they should do is have players that are going to be drafted like 4th-udfa in the April draft maybe play in this league for a bit. Would be some good exposure

Nice idea, but for a kid projected to get drafted into the NFL, not sure he'd want to risk a potential injury right before the draft and lose money/career.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
What they should do is have players that are going to be drafted like 4th-udfa in the April draft maybe play in this league for a bit. Would be some good exposure

Nice idea, but for a kid projected to get drafted into the NFL, not sure he'd want to risk a potential injury right before the draft and lose money/career.
During yesterday's game, they said there was a kid on St. Louis who became academically ineligible. Rather than transferring to another school, he signed with the XFL. He'll be eligible to be drafted in April.

I don't think this is such a crazy idea. I think there are a lot of kids who view college football as a means to an end, rather than something they truly want to do.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
During yesterday's game, they said there was a kid on St. Louis who became academically ineligible. Rather than transferring to another school, he signed with the XFL. He'll be eligible to be drafted in April.

I don't think this is such a crazy idea. I think there are a lot of kids who view college football as a means to an end, rather than something they truly want to do.

The league doesn't have the 18 yo rule or whatever it is, so you could see some talent come in that way. I liked the pace of the game play. Watched bits and pieces and while I'm not spending 7 hours watching it, was cool to see something that actually resembled football.

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
i

Drew Bledsoe, 'wine guy': Inside the former Pat's life after football

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
"THE PATRIOTS TRADE THEIR TOP PICK FOR TRENT WILLIAMS AND A SECOND-ROUND PICK
i

WSH
NE
It's too early for the Pats to give up on 2018 first-rounder Isaiah Wynn, but he has missed 24 games over his first two seasons with a torn Achilles and turf toe. They can't wait, with Tom Brady to make a decision, and trading for Williams would give them a franchise left tackle. Wynn could kick inside to left guard to replace Joe Thuney, who could leave in free agency." Predicting NFL offseason dominoes: What happens if eight star players swap teams

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Since they pay it wouldn’t shock me if Some kids from rough backgrounds forgo going to college to play in the league from ages 19-21

Reactions: Gator Mike

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
i

WSH
NE
It's too early for the Pats to give up on 2018 first-rounder Isaiah Wynn, but he has missed 24 games over his first two seasons with a torn Achilles and turf toe. They can't wait, with Tom Brady to make a decision, and trading for Williams would give them a franchise left tackle. Wynn could kick inside to left guard to replace Joe Thuney, who could leave in free agency." Predicting NFL offseason dominoes: What happens if eight star players swap teams

I wouldn’t give up a 1st for him

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The old USFL had a decent gameplan until the owner of the New Jersey Generals screwed it up

AP747582114913.jpg

The Boston Breakers in 1983 developed a following but lack of a decent stadium doomed them - They certainly had big-name TV coverage

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
i

WSH
NE

Washington doesn't have a 2nd round pick this year. The way future valuation basically works is that if Washington traded them their 2021 2nd round pick that would basically be worth a 2020 3rd round pick, since the extra year drops the pick value by a round. Comparing the value shows that you'd essentially be giving up a high 2nd rounder (maybe low 1st) for Williams.

Personally, I'm not doing that. He's a soon-to-be 32 year old LT, who hasn't played in a year, and has 1 year left on his deal at $14.5 million. I don't care if he's one of the best in the league. That's not something I want to do.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
He's definitely one of a kind.

Did he leave a ticket at the box office for Elvis?? That was one of his signature pranks

Forgot about that! I don't think they mentioned it during the game, maybe Jerry finally figured out Elvis has left the building!

Reactions: BMC

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Washington doesn't have a 2nd round pick this year. The way future valuation basically works is that if Washington traded them their 2021 2nd round pick that would basically be worth a 2020 3rd round pick, since the extra year drops the pick value by a round. Comparing the value shows that you'd essentially be giving up a high 2nd rounder (maybe low 1st) for Williams.

Personally, I'm not doing that. He's a soon-to-be 32 year old LT, who hasn't played in a year, and has 1 year left on his deal at $14.5 million. I don't care if he's one of the best in the league. That's not something I want to do.

Banged up body too

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I enjoyed the hell out of the XFL this past weekend. Competitive games, high paced offense, interesting rules, and overall a fun television product. I see myself watching this during the spring months and I would even be more invested should they choose to bring a team here to New England, should they see Rentschler Stadium and figure they could capitalize on that. Either way, I like this league and I hope it sticks around.

Reactions: Gator Mike

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Rumors are swirling about the Lions looking to deal Stafford and use the 3rd overall to draft a QB and now I'm so paranoid BB is going to do the most Belichickian thing of all time and trade for that stiff to replace Brady.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Rumors are swirling about the Lions looking to deal Stafford and use the 3rd overall to draft a QB and now I'm so paranoid BB is going to do the most Belichickian thing of all time and trade for that stiff to replace Brady.

If Brady isn’t coming back I’d rather have Stafford over every other presumably available QB. I’d probably just rock with Stidham but if they went outside the org that’s probably the best bet to have success. Going with stidham would be good though because we’d either find our new QB or pick really high lol

The one year I thought stafford was actually playing pretty good football he goes and breaks his back though....smh

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

I feel like Stafford goes against everything about the Patriots offense. Just can't see Belichick doing that. I actually could see Detroit trading him, but Tampa is the best fit. Stafford and the Bruce Arians offense is a perfect match.

Whether they actually want to or not, I think Detroit is going to continue to put up a smokescreen that they're interested in QBs. They want Miami, the Chargers, or even the Panthers to trade up with them and overpay to do so.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
My ideal plan involves signing AB, but I know in reality that isn't going to happen.

So I'd go for Hunter Henry and take a flyer on Larry Fitz and let him mentor N'keal Harry. Draft another catching TE, sign OL depth, and I think we're in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->